Thread: Re: McGinn's Article on Trading a Cornerback

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    If you can get House for similar money to Williams, you do it at this point. We don't know what we'll happen this offseason, but the Packers will likely need House this year and possibly down the line. Hyde is the only one that I could see trading, but only if it would net a player at another position that could help. I think Richardson could replace him as the third safety, and I think Hayward (or Williams, if Hayward gets hurt again) could replace him in the slot. Won't happen though.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Having an area of strength on your roster is a good thing.
    There should be no rush to change that. The Packers do not have such a glaring hole on the team that warrants hasty action. Yeah, ILB could use upgrading - but the draft could be the answer to that. Right now, it's not some horrible black hole that needs instant fixing. TE? I think both Rodgers & Bostick, with seasoning, could improve that position.
    Better to keep things close to the vest and wait. If another team becomes desperate enough at the CB position to make an outlandishly over the top offer, then it's time to consider.
    Right now we need all hands on deck.
    The key will eventually be Tramon Williiams & his salary. Right now he is needed - but if the other DB's continue to grow, unloading him next offseason might provide cap space to address other areas.
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!