Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hawks deal Harvin

Hawks deal Harvin

To J-E-T-S

NFL on ESPN ‏@ESPNNFL 23m23 minutes ago
    BREAKING: The Seahawks have traded Percy Harvin to the Jets for a conditional pick (via @JayGlazer)

Charles Robinson ‏@CharlesRobinson 3m3 minutes ago
    Seattle never solved how to use Percy Harvin. Paid him a bundle, gave up a top draft choice. Sizable blunder by front office/coaching staff.

Andrew Brandt ‏@adbrandt 5m5 minutes ago
    Remember scout telling me Harvin was special talent with "maintenance" issues. Evidently issues outweighed talent for @Seahawks

Kevin Seifert ‏@SeifertESPN 8m8 minutes ago
    Will repeat what I've always said: Weird things happen around Percy Harvin. Today: Random Friday trade to #Jets.

Football Perspective ‏@fbgchase 9m9 minutes ago
    And lost a #1. @AlbertBreer In the end, the Seahawks spent roughly $18.4 million on Percy Harvin, who played in a total of 8 games for them

Don Banks ‏@DonBanks 11m11 minutes ago
    I'm guessing whatever Harvin was guilty of in Seattle, he realizes he pushed it too far. From the Seahawks to the Jets. Not a good move.

Bill Barnwell ‏@billbarnwell 16m16 minutes ago
    Not sure if people tweeting that Harvin won the Seahawks the Super Bowl remember that they won by approximately 65 points.

Bruce Irvin ‏@BIrvin_WVU11 9m9 minutes ago
    Shit crazy
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Did somebody refuse to take their adderall?

Wow

Kids got talent, but i wouldnt want my team pissing away money on him

I guess that light at the end of the tunnel was a freight train after all. Did not see this coming at all.

I know he hasn't been that effective for them this season, witness his 3 rushes for -1 yards and 3 catches for 0 net yards vs Dallas. You'd never have known it when he played the Packers though, sure seemed like he ate their lunch running out of the backfield.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

If true, these accusations may help explain a lot.

@LanceZierlein: Heard “anger management” had quite a bit to do w/ Harvin’s departure in Seattle.

@LanceZierlein: History of confrontations w/ teammates contd in SEA according to my guy including punching G Tate during SB week & near fight w/ #3 in ‘14

@LanceZierlein: I was told “Harvin’s anger issues are just too much to deal with and he could single handedly bring down team chemistry”. Wow. Unreal.

@LanceZierlein: I was told “Go find a team picture from Super Bowl and you can still see part of the black eye Tate got from Harvin" ( I looked up a picture of him holding the Super Bowl trophy and sure enough you can see that his left eye is still black and puffed up.)

@LanceZierlein: @Patchmc42 Things got a little funky when Wilson challenged him about his attitude. I was told SEA was worried about Wilson after that.

@LanceZierlein: Here are two tweets I just got from NFL personnel guys: “Literally heard minutes ago what you tweeted. Crazy. Jets didn’t do their homework"

@LanceZierlein: Also got this text minutes ago: “Seattle just suckered the Jets. That GM is clueless”. Yikes.

Did not expect this. You must be a real piece of work to piss of Pete Carroll.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Between his mental and physical issues, I'd put the Over/Under on how many games he actually plays for the Jets: 10
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

evidently he's some sort of migraine to deal with.

I'll stand alone and say I think the Jets didn't do too badly here.

I think it's some risk high reward for them. They were under the cap and had to spend, didn't give up a boatload of picks and have zero dead money if they cut him at any point. Compare this trade to the one that got the Raiders Carson Palmer, and the Jets made out like bandits.
    --

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Did not expect this. You must be a real piece of work to piss of Pete Carroll.

Stories coming out of Minnesota was this dude was one helluva piece of work. One could argue Childress could do that with anyone but when he stood and screamed at Les Frazier, the nicest fellow in the world, I knew he was a unique sort of piece of shit......this is the final word on that I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    The Jets can't do much worse than they already have. However, if the Seahawks are willing to dump him for only a mid-round draft pick, he has to be way out in the deep end of the pool.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Gave up what is probably a 4th rounder and at most a 2nd. Glad the Seahawks didn't get much back for him

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post

I think it's some risk high reward for them. They were under the cap and had to spend, didn't give up a boatload of picks and have zero dead money if they cut him at any point. Compare this trade to the one that got the Raiders Carson Palmer, and the Jets made out like bandits.

High reward if your team can withstand a major cancer......if the Seahawks can't. you really in your heart of hearts think this will end well for the Jets? Maybe short term.......

Blog Entries
    I had heard Harvin was moody, but I really didn't have a clue he was this nuts.

Sumbitch can fly, but he probably needs to be kept in isolation until gameday, from the sound of it.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    evidently he's some sort of migraine to deal with.
    That's the first thing I thought of when he got traded. I know that he has long dealt with migraine issues, and there does appear to be a link between migraines and bi-polar disorder (manic depression).

The tough part is, you're trying to run a team and win games, so while you want to be understanding, I bet separation is the easiest option. Plus, the chicken/egg question with this is how much of his personality is affected by his condition, and is he treating it?

Ask Brandon Marshall about his hell dealing with mental health issues. In 2006 we picked Will Blackmon just a few picks before Denver picked Brandon Marshall. If Marshall had his issues under control, no doubt he would have gone higher than 4th round. Even if the Packers had picked him in place of Blackmon that year, there's no telling if he would have lasted in Green Bay, given the issues he was facing. I'm glad he got it together and got the help he needed to manage his condition.

I hope Harvin can get it together as well. Too much talent and not enough time in one's career, though obviously getting treated is more important. Perhaps Harvin will now take a long look at himself, and the fact that he's been traded twice.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Read this guy's timeline: https://twitter.com/LanceZierlein

Harvin apparently got into a fight with Golden Tate and gave him a black eye before the Super Bowl.

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    The Jets GM looks like a real idiot here
    He got rid of Santonio Holmes because he was a bad person and locker room cancer
    He's on the hot seat so now they bring in a much more fatal version in Percy Harvin

AFTER

They passed up on signing DeSean Jackson for less money

I'm not a big fan of Jackson's character either but he's a Saint compared to Harvin
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

He is a standard issue WR diva compared to Harvin. Might be more similar to Holmes, but if you rotate them every year or two, the crazy doesn't linger too bad.

Seahawks get, at best, a 4th round pick back for Percival. John Schneider has a pouty face now.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Seahawks get, at best, a 4th round pick back for Percival. John Schneider has a pouty face now.
    At best a fourth? Initially I thought it could become a 3rd or even 2nd. Not much to be sure, and I've seen where it could be as low as a 6th.

This looks incredibly bad for Harvin. When Minny traded him for multiple picks, it could be interpreted to think they were a team that had multiple needs, and he was an asset to be dealt. The Vikings also kept their collective mouths shut. Seattle is poised for another SB run, and has done anything BUT stay quiet. I've seen a total of one puff piece from Schneider saying 'tough decision, wish him well'.
    --