Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: More Banjo: @ Saints Week Oh Who the *$%&! Cares

More Banjo: @ Saints Week Oh Who the *$%&! Cares

I got nothin'. Rodgers is hurt.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Bill Barnwell ‏@billbarnwell 24m24 minutes ago
    Did he get to punt tonight? Nah Masthay. #nahmasthay
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Rat Starter
    Someone with a twitter account, please call out AJ Fucking Hawk.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Someone with a twitter account, please call out AJ Fucking Hawk.
    Hawk is far from being the biggest problem this defense has.

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    Typical at Saints game for the Pack. Hang with em early, get blown out late.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 16m16 minutes ago
    #Packers Head Coach Mike McCarthy is now at the podium. #GBvsNO

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 15m15 minutes ago
    McCarthy on Rodgers: He hurt his hamstring on the scramble. We kept him in the shotgun. Our QB movement package was gone. #GBvsNO

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 14m14 minutes ago
    McCarthy: I thought he played smart and didn't put himself in position for further injury. #GBvsNO

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 14m14 minutes ago
    McCarthy: This is a tough place to play. The crowd was phenomenal. #GBvsNO

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 12m12 minutes ago
    McCarthy on Rodgers: He was limited to play from the pocket and hand the ball off. #GBvsNO

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 10m10 minutes ago
    That's all from Mike McCarthy. #Packers QB Aaron Rodgers will be at the podium shortly. #GBvsNO

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 59s59 seconds ago
    Rodgers on hamstring: I'm not going to miss any time. #GBvsNO

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 5s5 seconds ago
    Rodgers on Eddie Lacy: He made a big impact in the passing game. #GBvsNO

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 45s45 seconds ago
    Rodgers on INTs: Felt good about the first throw, on the second one I missed my spot a little bit. #GBvsNO

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 20s20 seconds ago
    Rodgers: (The Saints) are better than their record. Good football team with a good QB. #GBvsNO

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 12s13 seconds ago
    That's all from #Packers QB Aaron Rodgers. Visit http://packers.com for complete #GBvsNO postgame coverage.

Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Hawk is far from being the biggest problem this defense has.
    Then who is?

Yes, #58, #57 and #59 are bums also, but you don't see them diving at a would-be blocker's leg instead of trying to tackle the runner.
    Last edited by Tyrion Lannister; 10-26-2014 at 11:59 PM.

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    I had to miss the game, was it as bad an ass whuppin as the score indicated?

Quote Originally Posted by oldbutnotdeadyet View Post
    I had to miss the game, was it as bad an ass whuppin as the score indicated?
    It was in the second half.

I too missed the game. My impression was Payton again out coached Big-Boned Mike?

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    I too missed the game. My impression was Payton again out coached Big-Boned Mike?
    Seemed like Ryan had a good scheme in the secondary, and the Packers D came back to earth. Missing Shields and Burnett was glaringly obvious and the run D sucked as bad as they have all season.

I was glad to see Lacy involved in the passing game. It really brings another dimension to the offense
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    I was glad to see Lacy involved in the passing game. It really brings another dimension to the offense
    Yeah, but as usual, patient offense against that Cover 2 did not generate points for the Packers. They did get yards and kept field position reasonable, so that is better than previous efforts.

But red zone offense was terrible.

Chief among the culprits was another poor effort in pass protection on the road. Lang being replaced by Taylor wasn't ideal either. And then to run behind the kid twice in key situations was dumb. Maybe the first, to show you aren't scared. But after that, you should have been scared.

On the short yardage run behind Taylor.

"It was game-planning," McCarthy said, explaining his decision. "We expected a form of the 'Bear' defense, a jam front. Poorly blocked on the front side. Frankly, the tougher blocks were on the back side. They stuffed us.

"Plus, Eddie was hot. He was running the ball extremely well. I was very comfortable with the call."
    http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...2.html#packers

All said above is true, but the key, I think, was when Rodgers tweaked his hamstring.

Tie game at half with the teams matching each other TD for TD and FG for FG.
    NO takes possession with the 2nd half kickoff to a first down, but then the Packer "D" holds on 4th down for a huge change of possession without a score in a puntless game.
    Packers drive down field quickly, have 1st and goal from the 6, but with Rodgers clearly a bit hobbled.
    With Rodgers out of sync, the expected run on 1st goes no where, Rodgers quickly gets rid of the 2nd down pass on a play he would normally have extended, then tries another quick, no movement pass that is intercepted.

A chance to go up by 7, or at least 3 evaporates, and the Packers can no longer keep up without Rodgers at his best.

Not saying they would have won, but until Rodgers' injury, I think the game looked like a classic shoot-out with teams matching score for score, but with the Packers looking to be in the leadership role and NO playing catchup, at least for a while. Up to that point, there was no evidence that the NO defense could stop the Packers any more than there was evidence GB could stop NO.
    Last edited by Patler; 10-27-2014 at 09:37 AM.

"The packers can no longer keep up without Rodgers at his best."

Sadly this is very true. I had a bad feeling about this game. Since 2009, I have far too many memories of packer defenses under Dom Capers allowing 40+ points when playing the elite QBs in the league. Warner, Brees, Manning, Brad, etc. The QBs who know where to go with the football before the snap always kill us. Against the next QB tier down, the defense usually plays very well. See 2010 superbowl run: Vick, Ryan, Culter, Big Ben. I know we are in for a long game when I see Brady, Manning, Brees, and now Kap and Wilson (b/c of read option). Avoid those five somehow in the playoffs and I think we have a decent chance at winning the superbowl.
    Draft Brandin Cooks WR OSU!

They say you make your own luck, and to a large extent in athletic contests, I think that is true. Skill and all out effort make a lot of things look "lucky".

That said, did any "thing" go the Packers way all night?
    On the first long pass to Stills, House actually dislodged the ball. Stills fell with the ball completely out of his control, but it fell on his inside forearm, and he was able to clutch it.
    Later, of course, was the "pop-up" deflection that came straight down to the receiver.
    Two onside kicks each looked like decent opportunities for GB to recover, and both end up in NO hands.
    Two deflections off GB receivers bounce straight to NO defenders.

One week Lang gets a Rodgers fumble in a sea of opponents.
    Another week everything goes the other way.
    I guess that's what makes sports exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by PaCkFan_n_MD View Post
    "The packers can no longer keep up without Rodgers at his best."
    For all but a season here and there, that has been the story in GB under both Favre and Rodgers ever since 1997. Most seasons the team went only as far as the offense carried it, and the offense went only as far as its QB could take it. This has been going on a long time.

Still would have lost. Its just one of those games were the QB snaps the ball and as fast the WR can run down the field its a 30 yard completion with no packer in sight. I always scratch my head wondering way this always happens against the elite QBs we face. Obviously one explanation is simply that they are elite, but why does it seem that guys are always wide open uncovered.
    Draft Brandin Cooks WR OSU!