Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: More Banjo: @ Saints Week Oh Who the *$%&! Cares

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    There were two passes in particular I remember in which a receiver ended up totally uncovered. The announcers commented on it, I really can't remember why it was. I seem to have a bit of spot amnesia where last night is concerned
    Sure there were. As I wrote in another post, there are usually some of those in every game. But I didn't see guys running absolutely clear all night long. Yes, they were "open" and Brees put it on the money all night long.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Sure there were. As I wrote in another post, there are usually some of those in every game. But I didn't see guys running absolutely clear all night long. Yes, they were "open" and Brees put it on the money all night long.
    Ya, I saw that after I posted. Usually when someone is wide open, on the replay you see that someone slipped, or ran into his own player, something, there's a reason for it. There were a couple of times in this game where someone was just flat out uncovered...running a flat route I think, go figure.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Yes House had good coverage on that play. I'm talking about the other 500 yards of offense I guess.
    Draft Brandin Cooks WR OSU!

Quote Originally Posted by PaCkFan_n_MD View Post
    Yes House had good coverage on that play. I'm talking about the other 500 yards of offense I guess.
    Green Bay had over 500 yards of offense too... 515 to NO's 504, and 7.8 yards/play to NO's 7.6. The offensive numbers were very similar. Rodgers threw for 418 yards.

Also, 2 interceptions and 8 penalties for 84 yards, where NO had 0 and 4 for 35
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Green Bay had over 500 yards of offense too... 515 to NO's 504, and 7.8 yards/play to NO's 7.6. The offensive numbers were very similar. Rodgers threw for 418 yards.

Also, 2 interceptions and 8 penalties for 84 yards, where NO had 0 and 4 for 35
    I'm not putting the loss on the offense obviously. Even with the TO the game shouldn't get out of hand like that. It took the Saints a mere two minutes to go 90 yards after the first pick. Pathetic.

Perfect example is tipped passes. NO had one and it landed on their receiver. Packers had two and both bounced to defenders.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

This is true. And I feel that the elite Qbs see those weaknesses and pick them apart. I remember Kurt Warner being extremely confident and almost cocky before that 2009 playoff game saying something along the lines of "he sees a lot of big plays coming." Maybe more man coverage and blitzs would help. We have the dbs and pass rushers. Giving these guys all day to throw and dropping into coverage doesn't seem to be working.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 2h2 hours ago
    Per #Packers PR director @JTWahlers, RG @TJLang70 suffered his ankle injury on the PAT after Green Bay's first TD.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 2h2 hours ago
    Per #Packers PR director @JTWahlers, RG @TJLang70 suffered his ankle injury on the PAT after Green Bay's first TD.
    I think his loss was huge. Poor Taylor was overwhelmed.

I dont know how much of an impact the injury really had.

To me, momentum had been lost and it had become a dog fight after the cutsie play with peppers followed by tue idiot onsides kick

We looked unstopable like last week before those two plays, and inept the rest of the game

I think we underestimated the saints, came out screwing around, and we werent prepaired to play the real football game that broke out

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    To me, momentum had been lost and it had become a dog fight after the cutsie play with peppers followed by tue idiot onsides kick
    Neither of those turned tide of game.

I would never pass to Peterson because he doesn't get a lot of practice catching. JJ Watt, ex-tight end, dropped ball right in his hands in endzone when Houston tried to make him a hero. I also wouldn't let anybody but the kicker try field goals.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    I dont know how much of an impact the injury really had.

We looked unstopable like last week before those two plays, and inept the rest of the game

I think we underestimated the saints, came out screwing around, and we werent prepaired to play the real football game that broke out
    I agree, why do you come out and dig into your bag of tricks at the time they did? Packers were the better team, but MM called the game like they couldn't beat them mano on mano. I had a very bad feeling after the onside kick. How bout you just line up and take it to them, instead of gimmicks.

The Packers have been winning this year by winning the turnover battle, and by winning the red zone efficiency battle. They lost those battles Sunday night.

That's depressing. :C

FWIW, over that span, the road team's record in primetime non-division games is 29-60, with an average margin of defeat of 15 points. Teams are 0-8 when visiting the Superdome with an average margin of defeat of 24 points.

So it's not a bottom-of-the-barrel performance from Green Bay by any means, and I don't think it means "Stubby always gets outcoached". They're close to average performance in those scenarios.

Still, to become a contender or considered elite again, they have to win some of those.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    FWIW, over that span, the road team's record in primetime non-division games is 29-60, with an average margin of defeat of 15 points. Teams are 0-8 when visiting the Superdome with an average margin of defeat of 24 points.

So it's not a bottom-of-the-barrel performance from Green Bay by any means, and I don't think it means "Stubby always gets outcoached". They're close to average performance in those scenarios.

Still, to become a contender or considered elite again, they have to win some of those.
    DY-

You missed the fail Mary game from 2012 on your list. Of course I am not sure where you would put it.

-TD
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    DY-

You missed the fail Mary game from 2012 on your list. Of course I am not sure where you would put it.

-TD
    '

You're right. I don't know how to count that one.

Rodgers (and Flynn) still photobombing the game captain photos. http://www.packers.com/media-center/...f104cb22#start

Blog Entries
    I dunno, Joe Joe.

We are the worst team in the NFL vs the rush.

The GBP ain't getting gashed, we just don't stop the run.

We've given up 70 rushing 1st downs. A lot more than the next worst D.

Denver is the #1 rush D, they've given up 24 rush 1st's.

We've got to improve to mediocre against the run to have a chance in the play-offs ( I know, play-offs???)

I don't think we'll do it.

Soooooooooo...... Fire Capers???????