Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: More Banjo: @ Saints Week Oh Who the *$%&! Cares

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Nah, too much success for that. You can do so much worse than him.
    You stick with him and encourage him to self-evaluate and evolve.
    And he does change. I take the lessening of Packer hamstring as a direct sign that some of the changes have helped. I would bet its the sports science guy, but we'll see.

He did add half line drills and is not afraid to alter what worked previously (schedule) to make it work better.

The only thing lacking here is the germ of an idea of what the D staff needs to get it turned around. M3 already went at it from the multiple personnel angle. But I think practice is where its at. They might have to go get ideas from outside again.

But there is also player personnel. Maxie is right, there might only be one or two budding superstars on this team (Matthews and Dix). Otherwise, the rest of the first and second rounders have been decent role players at best. Maybe Burnett at his best. I am disappointed that self appointed leading loud-mouth Daniels hasn't had a better year.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I agree with your assessment of Daniels, too. All bark, very little bite. He is what he is, perhaps - a high-energy guy with limited upside. Put him in Jerel Worthy's body, maybe. But Daniels is not a top-of-the-line starter. He's a JAG, to me.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack