Thread: heroes and goats

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Perhaps Dom was trying to get after Brees - running game be damned - but we just didn't get home? It seemed like we tried to utilize our new fangled NASCAR package and more DBs than LBers but when you allow a QB like Brees time you are gonna get burned like we did.
    You're probably right, although I never felt like Dom fully committed to rushing Brees. I remember when Dom first came on the scene and the only word the stuck in my mind as the key to his defense was "disruption." Nowadays the GB defense doesn't disrupt the opposing offense, it merely inconveniences it.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    You're probably right, although I never felt like Dom fully committed to rushing Brees. I remember when Dom first came on the scene and the only word the stuck in my mind as the key to his defense was "disruption." Nowadays the GB defense doesn't disrupt the opposing offense, it merely inconveniences it.
    Minorly.