Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Midseason Night Grades

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    We all knew it was you, Tanky.

Why is it you are banned from all these Packer forums again?

Foolish comments meant only to disrupt or being a potty mouth?

Yeah, go over to Striker's forum, there at least a dozen guys over there that hate your guts.

Let's leave the question to that voice of reason, Pugger. She usually has the right idea when the rest of us get too full of testosterone. Wadda say Pug, ban Tanky or hang him?
    He wouldn't last a second over at BSS. Though Brauny was quite heavy handed dumping a lot of posters he didn't like (Cheezer et al), he was also good at keeping the likes of Tank at bay as well.

Though BSS will likely fold in the next few months and those remaining there will probably come over here.

It's cute that he justifies his trolling as satire still though. I guess it's too difficult to go against the Greater Internet Fuckwad Theory.

And even though he says otherwise, I think the only reason he comes here is because it's the only place he isn't insta-banned.

Wist, I'm not trying to bait you or anything, just curious what NFC teams you like at this point? If I remember correctly, before the season started you were singing the praises of Rob Ryan and the Saints D. They haven't looked too great.

I am guessing you like SF and Seattle? Or do you think Az and Dallas are for real?
    Go PACK

As soon as Tyrion showed up it was pretty obvious who he was, a Troll disguised as an Imp, a Clouseau-like disguise. I say let him stick around until he becomes disruptive. He generates discussion and livens the place up a little bit. Who knows, maybe he's grown up a bit, I doubt it, but one can hope

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Bottom line is - I don't see us having the right formula to win a SB this year. We'll make the playoffs, and Rodgers gives us a fighting chance against anyone, but realistically we just don't have the right pieces in place. Philosophically, we're simply too flawed.
    This might be the one season where the Packers flaws don't "automatically" sink them. Every team in the NFC has some pretty huge flaws this season. While they beat the Packers and Broncos at home, the Seahawks are barely treading water. The 49ers are a mess. The Cardinals have a good chance to take that division. And they still all have to beat up on each other a bunch in the next month.

The NFC South seems to be a joke. The Saints look nigh invincible at home but on the road...good lord.

The East should come down to the Eagles and Cowboys...and I'd bet on the Cowboys (Foles is still crazy erratic).

And the North will come down the Lions and Packers...and the Lions are barely limping through.

I think the NFC will be Cowboys/Cardinals/Packers/Saints/Eagles/49ers. The Packers should get at least one or two wins in the playoffs if they get home games (where the defense has looked far better).

Of course, one injury to any of those teams could still change everything.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    As soon as Tyrion showed up it was pretty obvious who he was, a Troll disguised as an Imp, a Clouseau-like disguise. I say let him stick around until he becomes disruptive. He generates discussion and livens the place up a little bit. Who knows, maybe he's grown up a bit, I doubt it, but one can hope
    More love for Tyrion.

I tell you, that Tyrion is a real people pleaser, a natural politician.

I have a very high tolerance for trolls, but I came from a bad family where conflict is considered normal. I probably don't belong with all these nice people either.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    I think Wist has pretty much summed it up. I disagree with his point the horses aren't there I think they are (with the exception of IlBs) I just think the coaches aren't maximizing the players' potential/putting them in a place to succeed.

Either playoff success this year or heads should roll, which should have happened last off season.

Beating the same dead horses year in and year out is SO tiresome. It really makes discussions here not much fun.
    I would say we're also missing thd right talent on the d-line. But thats more by design then anything else. The staff wanted to go smaller and quicker up there when what we really need is bigger stronger fatter. An no, i dont think raji would have made a difference

Also something is seriously wrong with the o line and i have no clue what it is. Sitton is suppose to be a bro bowler, lang is suppose to be a boarder line pro bowler. Bulage was a border line pro bowler before injury. Bahk is solid, and the rookie center is suppose to be very solid for a rookie. Add then all together and you have a line that can only pass block for 1.5 seconds when all the wrs are running routes requiring at least 3 seconds to get open. And they cant run block to save their life. Poor eddie and starks are pretty much getting all their yardage on their own after getting hit in the backfield or at the line. Theres no holes for them

Ive said for ahile now that this staff is just clinging to a-rod. We win because of him and only because of him. The rest of the staff is nothing special imo

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Stinker, don't you have a forum to moderate? Oh, right. You have like 5 posters left at that lame site of yours. Say hi to Pt and Dave for me, will ya?

Ever heard of creative writing and humor? Humor is pretty much satire.

It's OK that you don't like my form of humor. Humor is in the eyes of the beholder, said a wise woman. I find Harlan, Nutz and Rand to be very funny. Heck, even Texaspackerbacker can be funny. If I ever want to satirize "the other side," I'm gonna consult with Tex. On the hand, I don't find Nutz's BFF, Skinbasket, and Scotty Campbell funny at all. But I don't go a-accusing them of trolling at every turn.

Bevis and Butthead - Not funny. King of the Hill - Funny. IMHO, of course.

Two humble reasons I kept coming back: 1. I miss my ole cyber friends; we go way back to them good ole JSO days. And 2, this is the only Packer forum in cyberspace that allows uncensored swearing. The word "FUCK" has got the be the greatest word in linguistics.

All in all, as Rodgers likes to spell: R-E-L-A-X. Relax. I am sure Madtown will send me back into exile once the season ends. If he doesn't? I promise I will self-ban if Hyde catches more picks than Josh Sitton this season.
    I don't roll in here much anymore, but I can spot you like a cankerous pustule on a supermodel. Tank, you're a fabulous crazy poster and your worst enemies are posters who just can't help but put their tongues into that spot where the cold sore is (notice a theme?). I will check back in here the moment I need some counseling from Dr. John Holmes, M.D., Ph.D. That guy could 'therapy' Terrell Owens into the priesthood.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I think it needs to be said that this team is completely unlucky from an injury stand point lets not forget. How much better would this team be if Jermichael Finley, Nick Collins, and Desmond Bishop were all on the team?

Bishop's injury basically ended his career and Collins and Finley both had neck injuries. Imagine Collins and Bishop on defense, and Finely on offense. Completely different team. Thats not even considering the fact that our first round pick almost surely would have went on another player other than Clinton-Dix with Collins and Burnett at safety. Thats three really good players with two having probowl talent. Go find me one other team that has had as many career ending injuries to really good players as the packers have had in the last 5 years.

Thats not even considering other significant injuries along the way to Tramon Williams, Casey Hayward, Rodgers, Bulaga, and now Raji.
    Draft Brandin Cooks WR OSU!

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PaCkFan_n_MD View Post
    I think it needs to be said that this team is completely unlucky from an injury stand point lets not forget. How much better would this team be if Jermichael Finley, Nick Collins, and Desmond Bishop were all on the team?

Bishop's injury basically ended his career and Collins and Finley both had neck injuries. Imagine Collins and Bishop on defense, and Finely on offense. Completely different team. Thats not even considering the fact that our first round pick almost surely would have went on another player other than Clinton-Dix with Collins and Burnett at safety. Thats three really good players with two having probowl talent. Go find me one other team that has had as many career ending injuries to really good players as the packers have had in the last 5 years.

Thats not even considering other significant injuries along the way to Tramon Williams, Casey Hayward, Rodgers, Bulaga, and now Raji.
    This is true.

On the other hand, injuries are a fact of life across the NFL. Look at San Francisco (not only injuries but substance abuse), Redskins, Atlanta, even Minnesota losing Peterson.

But your point is well-taken. This team is certainly different without Finley and Collins. We lost two All-Pro types there.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    Wist, I'm not trying to bait you or anything, just curious what NFC teams you like at this point? If I remember correctly, before the season started you were singing the praises of Rob Ryan and the Saints D. They haven't looked too great.

I am guessing you like SF and Seattle? Or do you think Az and Dallas are for real?
    I think Rob Ryan is a hell of a coach... Capers isn't even in the same leage as Ryan. That said, I don't know what all of their problems have been down there. They damn sure shut us out in the 2nd half of the game last week - while Capers gave up 44 pts.

As for the NFC, I think Dallas is for real - as long as Romo is healthy and doesn't revert to his choke MO. Their defense is better than ours, that's for sure. Seattle will right the ship, and they at least have the potential to play lights out defense, whereas we don't have that potential at all; Arizona, I think we would beat them in Lambeau, in Zona it would be a toss up; SF has our number, and I suspect they'll right the ship enough to be able to whip up on us again if we meet in the playoffs; Philly is much like we are, although their defense is probably better than ours - Foles is a wildcard, he's certainly nowhere near to being in Rodgers class; and as of now - we're looking up at Detroit. Detroit has more weapons on offense, and they certainly have a much better defense - so we'll see.

The NFC is more flawed than anyone could have imagined, but I still see us lagging behind the top teams. The top teams all have at least competent defenses, and of course our defense is piloted by a guy who doesn't care about stopping the run. To Dunderdummy, it's either stop the run and get gashed big-time in the passing game, or play the pass and concede the run - stopping both isn't possible in dunderdummy's mind.

Philosophically, we're simply too weak and too flawed to win another SB with 1265's current makeup. I think Stubby has it in him to make the necessary adjustments - even if it takes him forever to get there; dunderdummy on the other hand is a hopeless case - he's such a huge liability, I don't see how we can overcome having him as our DC.
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    This might be the one season where the Packers flaws don't "automatically" sink them. Every team in the NFC has some pretty huge flaws this season. While they beat the Packers and Broncos at home, the Seahawks are barely treading water. The 49ers are a mess. The Cardinals have a good chance to take that division. And they still all have to beat up on each other a bunch in the next month.

The NFC South seems to be a joke. The Saints look nigh invincible at home but on the road...good lord.

The East should come down to the Eagles and Cowboys...and I'd bet on the Cowboys (Foles is still crazy erratic).

And the North will come down the Lions and Packers...and the Lions are barely limping through.

I think the NFC will be Cowboys/Cardinals/Packers/Saints/Eagles/49ers. The Packers should get at least one or two wins in the playoffs if they get home games (where the defense has looked far better).

Of course, one injury to any of those teams could still change everything.
    The Saints will probably now take the NFCS. Will the girls now wilt with Romo's back a mess? Evidently Romo suffered two transverse process fractures in last week's loss to the Washington Redskins. Romo did not practice all week and remained in a good amount of pain later in the week. That poor guy is gonna have back problems his entire life now. They are gonna start Weeden today against AZ. AZ might end up taking the west. We gotta root for whoever is playing the seachickens and SF just in case we need a WC spot. It would be wonderful if both of these teams missed the playoffs. Scoff if you like but ya never know...

SI_DougFarrar ‏@SI_DougFarrar 24m24 minutes ago
    Cardinals blitz 47 percent of the time over last two seasons and run sub-packages 74 percent this season. Have fun, Mr. Weeden.

The Cardinals this year and next year will be an interesting point of comparison to the Packers. Todd Bowles was, at one point, on the Packers radar, but I believe they were denied permission to interview him.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    Saw it. Wasnt impressed with her in that either. She has no clue how to show emotion on screen

And looks wise. I give her a 5 maybe 6 out of ten

Even her leaked nude pics dont do anything for me
    As the wise woman said, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

She's a 10 to me, and I'm glad she finally got rid of that Southern accents.

Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I don't believe I said House is worth $6M, I believe I said he might get $6M. There is a difference. I also said that I don't think the Packers will pay him that much. I normally talk about what a player might receive, not what he is worth, because I have no idea what any player is really worth. Because of circumstances on a particular team, a player might get a much larger contract from one team than what most teams would pay him. Does that make him "worth" the higher contract? In that thread, I think I also said that a team without a lot of large contracts and a need at CB could easily decide to give the $ to House to be their starter.

I think Shields is an example of that. GB really needed to keep him at the time. Hawk's last contract when negotiated was, too. Probably TJ Lang, too. With the state of the Packer's O-line at the time, they really needed to keep Lang, and since they had the ability to do it under the cap, they probably paid him more than most teams might have been willing to at that time. I think it can be argued that the same thing happened with Finley, although on a short contract the concept of a player's "worth" can be skewed. Flynn's contract with Seattle is another example. I know Clay Matthews is worth $2M/year, but is he worth more than $13M? Is he worth almost 10% more than any other LB in average salary just because GB paid him that much? I doubt it, although he might have had more takers at that amount than just GB.

Even if you believe Shields is "way better", the difference between $10M/yr and $6M/yr is quite a bit. Shields average salary is the 6th highest among CBs on this years' list. Something around a $6M average would be around 18th on this year's list, probably a few notches lower for next year, when negotiated. A team identifying House to be a starter for them should be willing to pay that, and I think he has a decent chance of finding that type of team.
    Arguing with you, Patler, is like arguing with a well-manicured lawyer. Therefore, I am gonna concede defeat to you this time. Just this time.

Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I don't roll in here much anymore, but I can spot you like a cankerous pustule on a supermodel. Tank, you're a fabulous crazy poster and your worst enemies are posters who just can't help but put their tongues into that spot where the cold sore is (notice a theme?). I will check back in here the moment I need some counseling from Dr. John Holmes, M.D., Ph.D. That guy could 'therapy' Terrell Owens into the priesthood.
    What's up, Rand? Did you and Woody fought a trial by combat? The two of you don't post here much anymore.

As for the NFC, I think Dallas is for real
    I don't. Their defense was the worst EVER in NFL history last year. You don't solve that in one season.

5 of their last 7 games are on the road. Teams will stack the box like mad in the second half of the season and force the Cowboys to throw the ball. Romo will start making mistakes. They won't even win 10 games.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    I don't. Their defense was the worst EVER in NFL history last year. You don't solve that in one season.

5 of their last 7 games are on the road. Teams will stack the box like mad in the second half of the season and force the Cowboys to throw the ball. Romo will start making mistakes. They won't even win 10 games.
    They lost to Arizona today, but Weeden was brutal... their defense is better than ours, their offense probably about the same - much better running game and OL.

The NFC is wider open than anyone could have imagined, but I still think the heavyweights will round into from by the end of the seaons. Anyone with a good defense can handle us, b/c if our offense is middling, our defense can't hold the fort.

Still, the NFC is very interesting this year... anything can happen, and as I said, Rodgers does give us a punchers chance in every game - we'll see.
    wist

They lost to Arizona today, but Weeden was brutal... their defense is better than ours, their offense probably about the same - much better running game and OL.

The NFC is wider open than anyone could have imagined, but I still think the heavyweights will round into from by the end of the seaons. Anyone with a good defense can handle us, b/c if our offense is middling, our defense can't hold the fort.

Still, the NFC is very interesting this year... anything can happen, and as I said, Rodgers does give us a punchers chance in every game - we'll see.
    Do you truly believe our offense is just middling?

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Do you truly believe our offense is just middling?
    It was in the last game, an,d thats what wist is trying to say, and i agree with him.

If our offense isnt playing lights out, our defense isnt good enough (consistantly) to win us those games

Our defense is the anchor holding this team down, and it has been for awhile. Just why this defense is a giant rusting heap of scrap metal pulling us down into the abyss is still up for much debate
    Last edited by red; 11-02-2014 at 09:25 PM.

I am amused by both the Rob Ryan love and the Packers' offense is middling theorizing.

Both opinions hinge on one game with a hobbled Rodgers. If that wasn't the case, the analysis is useless.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.