Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
Wist, I'm not trying to bait you or anything, just curious what NFC teams you like at this point? If I remember correctly, before the season started you were singing the praises of Rob Ryan and the Saints D. They haven't looked too great.

I am guessing you like SF and Seattle? Or do you think Az and Dallas are for real?
I think Rob Ryan is a hell of a coach... Capers isn't even in the same leage as Ryan. That said, I don't know what all of their problems have been down there. They damn sure shut us out in the 2nd half of the game last week - while Capers gave up 44 pts.

As for the NFC, I think Dallas is for real - as long as Romo is healthy and doesn't revert to his choke MO. Their defense is better than ours, that's for sure. Seattle will right the ship, and they at least have the potential to play lights out defense, whereas we don't have that potential at all; Arizona, I think we would beat them in Lambeau, in Zona it would be a toss up; SF has our number, and I suspect they'll right the ship enough to be able to whip up on us again if we meet in the playoffs; Philly is much like we are, although their defense is probably better than ours - Foles is a wildcard, he's certainly nowhere near to being in Rodgers class; and as of now - we're looking up at Detroit. Detroit has more weapons on offense, and they certainly have a much better defense - so we'll see.

The NFC is more flawed than anyone could have imagined, but I still see us lagging behind the top teams. The top teams all have at least competent defenses, and of course our defense is piloted by a guy who doesn't care about stopping the run. To Dunderdummy, it's either stop the run and get gashed big-time in the passing game, or play the pass and concede the run - stopping both isn't possible in dunderdummy's mind.

Philosophically, we're simply too weak and too flawed to win another SB with 1265's current makeup. I think Stubby has it in him to make the necessary adjustments - even if it takes him forever to get there; dunderdummy on the other hand is a hopeless case - he's such a huge liability, I don't see how we can overcome having him as our DC.