Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Midseason Night Grades

Rat Starter

Midseason Night Grades

I don't have McGinn's credentials, but I can be just as blunt as he is. Here's my position-by-position grades of the Packers after 8 games.

Quarterbacks (B): Rodgers played scared against Seattle, looked like Tolzien against Detriot and threw a bunch of picks vs. New Orleans...'12' also destroyed a bunch of hapless, tasteless teams...Flynn was terrible in garbage time.

Runningbacks (D+): For the most part, Lacy played slow and fat...Was a pimp in a couple of games...Stark has been average...Harris, elusive and fast, didn't play much from scrimmage thanks in large part to the coaches' stupidity...Kuhn was Kuhn.

Wide Receivers (B-): Nelson dominated Jordy Island...With a saftey over the top, however, wasn't so effective...Cobb scored TDs in bunches but also had problem separating from slow, bumish safeties...Adams was "solid" but also prone to crucial rookie mistakes...Boykin, I still remember a time not so long ago when this working-class hero was arousing us with his plays...Not anymore...WTF? Janis wasn't targeted once on a bomb.

Tight Ends (F-): Quarless caught game winner against Miami but didn't do shit for the most part...Rodgers, slow as fuck, didn't scare anyone...Bostick, what the fuck happened to this bum?...J-Mike must be healed by now...Man, I used to hang with J-Mike, even slang with J-Mike...Used to bang with J-Mike, goddamn I miss J-Mike...Master P still rapping?

Offensive linemen (C-): Bak was so-so and flag-prone...Bulaga, inconsistent...Lang and Sitton did not play "great" but they were "solid"...The rookie? Average...The Packers ran the ball well in the preseason with Tretter at center, so Tretter should be the starting center post-bye...The backups were/are bums, especially Sherry.

Defensive linemen (D): Not a single bona fide run clogger on the D-line...Gilbert Brown, at his current age, would do a better job vs the run than these bums...Daniels underachieved...Jones was arousing us a bit but then he got hurt...Neal was a JAG.

OLBers (B):
    Peppers was active for an "old" man...Claymaker disappeared at times but at least only once was it due to his fragile body...Perry found a niche as a breather OLB.

ILBers (F-): None of these bums could shed blocks, blitz or cover...Hawk is easily having his worst season as a "mediocre" pro, and this guy was once benched for, gasp, Brandon Chillar...Brad Jones? A poor man's Hawks, if there's one...The other guys were and are bums.

Corners (B+): Shields was having a pro bowl season before the knee thing..Williams used to win endzone jump balls; not anymore...Heyward showed that he can start in the No Fun League...As a nickle/dime corner, House didn't play too bad, but he ain't starter material.

Safeties (C): Burnett played like a pimp for the most part...Ha-Ha showed flashes but his tackling was inconsistent...Hyde simply sucked and sucked like a sucker sucking a...

Special teams (C+):
    Crosby was good; Masthsay, OK. Coverage and return units were OK.
    Last edited by Tyrion Lannister; 10-28-2014 at 04:39 PM.

Rodgers has 19 TD passes and 3 INT's (2 tipped) despite playing against 3 of the top 5 pass defenses in the NFL. His game against Miami was in his top 5 all time.

Lacy has been good the last 4 weeks averaging more than 5 YPC after a slow start. He and Starks are both averaging over 4 YPC despite running out of the shotgun most of the time, not an optimal running formation.

Crosby hasn't been good, he's been great. His only FG miss was blocked, and his kickoffs have been great.

Burnett has been very good. His absence at NO was a huge factor.

Other than those things, you're not too far off.

I can agree with most of those grades. A-rod has not been playing up to his usual level, despite his insane stat line.

Running backs is a bit harsh. I would say around a C

ILB is a bit harsh. But I would say no higher then a D

Special teamshas been pretty bad accept for crosby, he gets an A or A+ all by himself

Most of the grades look reasonable

I'm giving the TEs a D+. Oh heck, C-. Q has been OK.

Your RB beat-down is way harsh

I agree with most, but these few. Rodgers alone makes QBs an "A." We are 2-6 or 1-7 without Rodgers. Sitton is a stud and has played great. I wouldn't say Shields was having a pro bowl season, but a solid season though.
    Draft Brandin Cooks WR OSU!

Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post

Lacy has been good the last 4 weeks averaging more than 5 YPC after a slow start. He and Starks are both averaging over 4 YPC despite running out of the shotgun most of the time, not an optimal running formation.

Didn't realize Lacy was coming on lately. Guess the image of Lacy getting stuffed for no gain on that infamous 4th and 1 play in the Saints game must still be playing in my head.

Burnett's absence hurt, but I thought Shield's hurt even more. With his great speed, Sammy woulda matched up well against Cook.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post

ILB is a bit harsh. But I would say no higher then a D
    Granted, the Packers lack a run-stuffing fat DT, but ILBers/MLBers are supposed to be a runningback's worst nightmare. Hawk and his band of bums have thus far failed miserably to attack inside rushes.

Quote Originally Posted by PaCkFan_n_MD View Post
    I wouldn't say Shields was having a pro bowl season, but a solid season though.
    Maybe I'm jacking off too much, and thus am losing memory brain cells, but I can't recall a time this season where Shields allowed a TD pass other than the simi-trick play where Jeffry reversed direction at the snap and caught Shields off guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    I'm giving the TEs a D+. Oh heck, C-. Q has been OK.
    Ok ain't J-Mike good.
    Last edited by Tyrion Lannister; 10-29-2014 at 04:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Didn't realize Lacy was coming on lately. Guess the image of Lacy getting stuffed for no gain on that infamous 4th and 1 play in the Saints game must still be playing in my head.
    If you are blaming Lacy for the failure of that play, you are completely and unequivocally wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Rodgers has 19 TD passes and 3 INT's (2 tipped) despite playing against 3 of the top 5 pass defenses in the NFL. His game against Miami was in his top 5 all time.

Crosby hasn't been good, he's been great. His only FG miss was blocked, and his kickoffs have been great.

Other than those things, you're not too far off.
    I think all 3 hit a receiver actually.

Maybe I'm jacking off too much, and thus am losing memory brain cells, but I can't recall a time this season where Shields allowed a TD pass other than the simi-trick play where Jeffry reversed direction at the snap and caught Shields off guard.
    Decker got him in the Jets game.
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    I think all 3 hit a receiver actually.
    Yep. 2 of them were right on. The last one that Adams got his hands on was off by quite a bit but looked like a miscommunication.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

I think Shields also bit entirely on play action against Seattle, leaving his guy completely open, who then eluded a safety for the TD. I think that was Shields.

Probably time to start taking better care of those brain cells. I think we have Shields for at least 3 TDs in only 6 games played.

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=Tyrion Lannister;804907]I don't have McGinn's credentials, but I can be just as blunt as he is. Here's my position-by-position grades of the Packers after 8 games.

Quarterbacks (B): Rodgers played scared against Seattle, looked like Tolzien against Detriot and threw a bunch of picks vs. New Orleans...'12' also destroyed a bunch of hapless, tasteless teams...Flynn was terrible in garbage time.

QUOTE]

See the bold?

This is Tank.

1st screw-up, let's kick him out.

Again.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    See the bold?

This is Tank.

1st screw-up, let's kick him out.

Again.
    Who gives a shit who it is?

Are you rousing-up the Harper Valley PTA to expel a witch? (Sorry for mixed metaphor.) Why can't you just tolerate somebody you don't like? Implement an ignore button in your brain.

ps. What is a "Midseason night"? Is that a pun on "Midsummer night"? If so, I might give serious consideration to an expulsion.

Blog Entries
    Who gives a shit who it is?

Are you rousing-up the Harper Valley PTA to expel a witch? (Sorry for mixed metaphor.) Why can't you just tolerate somebody you don't like? Implement an ignore button in your brain.
    I give a shit.

I've seen him wreck forums & he's not gonna wreck this one.

He's been housebroken so far, but if he starts his shit (& schtick), he ain't getting away with it here.

Tolerate? fine, but everybody needs to know who they are talking to.

When he starts his crap, he needs to go.

What I hear you saying is that at this point in time, you accept Tyrion Lannister as a poster here at Rats. Excellent! Who knows what the future shall bring, but today is to enjoy.

Lets have the clicking of glasses, the lighting of peace water pipes, and of course a song of celebration.

Rat Starter
    What I hear you saying is that at this point in time, you accept Tyrion Lannister as a poster here at Rats. Excellent! Who knows what the future shall bring, but today is to enjoy.

Lets have the clicking of glasses, the lighting of peace water pipes, and of course a song of celebration.
    Coldplay, eh?

That Chris Martin, he sure is one lucky bastard.

Not only can he sing, he used to be married to Gwyneth Paltrow. Now dating the beautiful Jennifer Lawrence.

Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I think Shields also bit entirely on play action against Seattle, leaving his guy completely open, who then eluded a safety for the TD. I think that was Shields.
    Correct me if I'm wrong (could be wrong play), but I think on that play the Gulls ran a read-option pass. Capers stated that Shields did not err as his assignment was to contain Wilson. Ha-Ha, I believe, was supposed to cover Sheilds' guy, but he got there a bit late and then proceed miss the tackle with one of his trademark "dive at the feet" tackle.

Blog Entries

Tank is banned. If TL is Tank, he's sneaking in here and should be banned too.

Coldplay?

Wimpy White boy music for wimpy White boys (& little girls).

Tank needs to listen to some man music like Son Seals.

He's on the job.