Thread: Midseason Night Grades

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Rat Starter

Midseason Night Grades

I don't have McGinn's credentials, but I can be just as blunt as he is. Here's my position-by-position grades of the Packers after 8 games.

Quarterbacks (B): Rodgers played scared against Seattle, looked like Tolzien against Detriot and threw a bunch of picks vs. New Orleans...'12' also destroyed a bunch of hapless, tasteless teams...Flynn was terrible in garbage time.

Runningbacks (D+): For the most part, Lacy played slow and fat...Was a pimp in a couple of games...Stark has been average...Harris, elusive and fast, didn't play much from scrimmage thanks in large part to the coaches' stupidity...Kuhn was Kuhn.

Wide Receivers (B-): Nelson dominated Jordy Island...With a saftey over the top, however, wasn't so effective...Cobb scored TDs in bunches but also had problem separating from slow, bumish safeties...Adams was "solid" but also prone to crucial rookie mistakes...Boykin, I still remember a time not so long ago when this working-class hero was arousing us with his plays...Not anymore...WTF? Janis wasn't targeted once on a bomb.

Tight Ends (F-): Quarless caught game winner against Miami but didn't do shit for the most part...Rodgers, slow as fuck, didn't scare anyone...Bostick, what the fuck happened to this bum?...J-Mike must be healed by now...Man, I used to hang with J-Mike, even slang with J-Mike...Used to bang with J-Mike, goddamn I miss J-Mike...Master P still rapping?

Offensive linemen (C-): Bak was so-so and flag-prone...Bulaga, inconsistent...Lang and Sitton did not play "great" but they were "solid"...The rookie? Average...The Packers ran the ball well in the preseason with Tretter at center, so Tretter should be the starting center post-bye...The backups were/are bums, especially Sherry.

Defensive linemen (D): Not a single bona fide run clogger on the D-line...Gilbert Brown, at his current age, would do a better job vs the run than these bums...Daniels underachieved...Jones was arousing us a bit but then he got hurt...Neal was a JAG.

OLBers (B):
    Peppers was active for an "old" man...Claymaker disappeared at times but at least only once was it due to his fragile body...Perry found a niche as a breather OLB.

ILBers (F-): None of these bums could shed blocks, blitz or cover...Hawk is easily having his worst season as a "mediocre" pro, and this guy was once benched for, gasp, Brandon Chillar...Brad Jones? A poor man's Hawks, if there's one...The other guys were and are bums.

Corners (B+): Shields was having a pro bowl season before the knee thing..Williams used to win endzone jump balls; not anymore...Heyward showed that he can start in the No Fun League...As a nickle/dime corner, House didn't play too bad, but he ain't starter material.

Safeties (C): Burnett played like a pimp for the most part...Ha-Ha showed flashes but his tackling was inconsistent...Hyde simply sucked and sucked like a sucker sucking a...

Special teams (C+):
    Crosby was good; Masthsay, OK. Coverage and return units were OK.
    Last edited by Tyrion Lannister; 10-28-2014 at 04:39 PM.