Thread: Official NFC Playoff Standings Thread - Week 8

Official NFC Playoff Standings Thread - Week 8

Division Winners

1. Arizona Cardinals 6-1
    2. Detroit Lions 6-2 Better conference winning pct. than Dallas
    3. Dallas Cowboys 6-2
    4. Carolina Panthers 3-4-1

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

Wild Cards

5. Philadelphia Eagles 5-2
    6. Green Bay Packers 5-3

__________________________________________________ ____________________________

Outside Looking In

7. San Francisco 49ers 4-3 Better strength of victory than Seattle
    8. Seattle Seahawks 4-3
    9. New Orleans Saints 3-4 Better conference winning pct. than New York Giants
    10. New York Giants 3-4
    11. Chicago Bears 3-5 Better strength of victory than Minnesota
    12. Minnesota Vikings 3-5 Better conference winning pct. than Washington
    13. Washington Redskins3-5
    14. St. Louis Rams 2-5
    15. Atlanta Falcons 2-6
    16. Tampa Bay Bucs 1-6

Despite loss, Packers hold onto last playoff spot. However, they will lose it if either San Francisco or Seattle win this week, which is very likely.

Key Week 9 Games

New Orleans at Carolina
    Arizona at Dallas
    Philadelphia at Houston
    St. Louis at San Francisco
    Oakland at Seattle

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    Yeah, I would think both Seattle and San Fran win, with more of a guarantee going to Seattle for sure. Arizona/Dallas should be a fun game.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Looking at the 2nd half of the season the BIG games in my mind are Phil, NE and Det. Luckily, we have them all at home. We have a great chance at the playoffs and would have felt that we are a lock had we beat NO last week.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

GB has 5 home games and 3 away games at just MN, TB & Buff. After the NO game, it is difficult to predict how the defense will hold up, but with Adams getting better and better, and Lacy coming around as a runner while showing an entirely new facet as a receiver, the offense could be even more productive in the second half. IF they can find someway to play defense effectively, the schedule plays out well for a strong second half. Going 8-0 is very unlikely, yet arguments can be made for them winning each game. Going 7-1 or 6-2 is not unattainable.

Detroit has to go to Arizona, NE, Chicago and GB. They have Miami, Chi, MN and TB at home. It is difficult to get a handle on the Lions this year. They have won close games without CJ, and have built confidence. They have some injuries. 5-3? If luck stays on their side, maybe they can do better than that, but it is a stretch, in my opinion. The Lions being the Lions, I can as easily see them going 4-4.

IF GB ends the season on the outside looking in at the playoffs, it will be because they crashed and burned in the 2nd half of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    GB has 5 home games and 3 away games at just MN, TB & Buff. After the NO game, it is difficult to predict how the defense will hold up, but with Adams getting better and better, and Lacy coming around as a runner while showing an entirely new facet as a receiver, the offense could be even more productive in the second half. IF they can find someway to play defense effectively, the schedule plays out well for a strong second half. Going 8-0 is very unlikely, yet arguments can be made for them winning each game. Going 7-1 or 6-2 is not unattainable.

Detroit has to go to Arizona, NE, Chicago and GB. They have Miami, Chi, MN and TB at home. It is difficult to get a handle on the Lions this year. They have won close games without CJ, and have built confidence. They have some injuries. 5-3? If luck stays on their side, maybe they can do better than that, but it is a stretch, in my opinion. The Lions being the Lions, I can as easily see them going 4-4.

IF GB ends the season on the outside looking in at the playoffs, it will be because they crashed and burned in the 2nd half of the season.

I really did think the defense was on its way to fixing its issues, but that was a total crash-and-burn in NO. Really, it was 2011 all over again except the offense couldn't score in the 40's to bail them out.

I'm not sure how or if that defense can be fixed. I have no proof - none of us really do - but this smells like a one-and-done playoff team with the current state of that defense.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I really did think the defense was on its way to fixing its issues, but that was a total crash-and-burn in NO. Really, it was 2011 all over again except the offense couldn't score in the 40's to bail them out.

I'm not sure how or if that defense can be fixed. I have no proof - none of us really do - but this smells like a one-and-done playoff team with the current state of that defense.
    As of now, I agree. First order of business is just to get to the playoffs, and winning the NFC North is the only sure way to do it. I think things are shaping up well for that to happen, unless the defense performance in NO was a foreshadow of what to expect in the second half. I don't expect a great defense, but I am hopeful it will be better than what we saw in NO.

I'll worry about the playoffs if and when it becomes clear that GB will be there

As of now, I agree. First order of business is just to get to the playoffs, and winning the NFC North is the only sure way to do it. I think things are shaping up well for that to happen, unless the defense performance in NO was a foreshadow of what to expect in the second half. I don't expect a great defense, but I am hopeful it will be better than what we saw in NO.

I'll worry about the playoffs if and when it becomes clear that GB will be there
    If they can avoid indoor/fast track games they may be better off in the playoffs. At home they've been in better shape, and they should hopefully do better in messy conditions as well. However, on the artificial turf in Seattle and inside vs. the Lions and Saints they've had issues. That should also help Bulaga as well as he's struggled on speedy surfaces and vs. speed rushers.

Good perspective check.

I think the Lions are for real. They're winning without CJ and winning games by all means possible, which the Packers aren't doing. Should be fun and I think the last game of the season is for the Division. Good stuff.

49ers losing today really helps the Packers. If they had won, they would be another team with tie-breaker over the Packers. As it is, the Seahawks passed the Packers for the 6th seed. Cowboys could be in trouble though if Romo is seriously hurt.

Fractures of transverse processes. I can't imagine he won't miss at least a few weeks.

Cowboys have a pretty tough schedule, although it will be made a bit easier if Foles is out as well.

9 Sun November 2 Arizona Cardinals
    10 Sun November 9 @ Jacksonville Jaguars
    11 Bye Week
    12 Sun November 23 @ New York Giants
    13 Thu November 27 Philadelphia Eagles
    14 Thu December 4 @ Chicago Bears
    15 Sun December 14 @ Philadelphia Eagles
    16 Sun December 21 Indianapolis Colts
    17 Sun December 28 @ Washington Redskins

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Fractures of transverse processes. I can't imagine he won't miss at least a few weeks.
    Romo says he will be back for their London game.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    They're winning without CJ and winning games by all means possible, which the Packers aren't doing.
    Oh? Did you watch the Miami game? Miami is the same team that just obliterated San Diego 37-0 in Dolphin Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Oh? Did you watch the Miami game? Miami is the same team that just obliterated San Diego 37-0 in Dolphin Stadium.
    We get all the Dolphin games down here and Miami looked great yesterday. What the hell happened to the Bolts?

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    We get all the Dolphin games down here and Miami looked great yesterday. What the hell happened to the Bolts?
    Same old Bolts. Start fast, collapse in the middle. Previous scapegoats were the coach and the GM. Maybe Ladainian Tomlinson.

But it could be Marmalard.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Romo says he will be back for their London game.
    Jerry says its just a matter of "pain tolerance."

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Jerry says its just a matter of "pain tolerance."
    Jerrah's absolutely a moronic ass, as evidenced by him going to the sideline to 'inspire his team'. To be fair though, he's not alone in saying this. Romo is saying it as well, and there are 3rd parties, including the announcing crew on last night's game that are saying the same thing.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...