Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
Leave it to Patler to come back with numbers When you have great players, playing great, well that’s great football! /Madden

Seriously, despite playing the same position in the same era, they were quite different players. Wood did have more impact all over the field, but Bailey didn't just make it 10 on 10, he made it 10 on 10 with the offense not having their #1WR, not the same thing. That ability to take out a #1WR is why Deon was, and Revis is, the highest paid CBs in the league.

Thing is, I mostly agree with you, I'm playing a bit of devil's advocate here because I think you can't discount Bailey.
I'm not discounting Bailey at all. I thought the topic asked us to pick one, so I did, and gave my reasons why. If we all reply that both are great, so it doesn't matter who you pick, we might as well close the thread because there is nothing to discuss.

Starr, Rodgers and Favre are/were all great QBs too, and you would do well to have any, yet if I had my choice, it would be in that order: Starr, Rodgers, Favre. (With another SB or two for Rodgers, I might reverse the top two.)