Thread: GB gave away its chance to improve run defense

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Letting VH go always bothered me but I don't recall the rationale. Was it a cap thing?
    My recollection:

In summer of 2002, Packers tried to sign VH to an extension, but he turned it down. Cleditus Hunt then had his best season for the Packers. At the end of the season, the Packers felt they couldn't afford to sign both, so they went with Hunt. Vonnie had missed 6 games with an injury, and Hunt probably had the better year.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    My recollection:

In summer of 2002, Packers tried to sign VH to an extension, but he turned it down. Cleditus Hunt then had his best season for the Packers. At the end of the season, the Packers felt they couldn't afford to sign both, so they went with Hunt. Vonnie had missed 6 games with an injury, and Hunt probably had the better year.
    That sounds about right, except I didn't know about VH turning down the extension. What I do know is that he went on to play, generally quite well, for a decade after he left the Packers.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    My recollection:

At the end of the season, the Packers felt they couldn't afford to sign both, so they went with Hunt.