Thread: GB gave away its chance to improve run defense

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Pickett might've made a good run-down sub, but that was a luxury they couldn't afford in this new, "versatile lineman" system.

I wonder - I suppose it's a vague, forlorn hope - if Datone Jones's being out hurt that run defense. Anyone know if the guy was even playing okay this year? Does he even resemble a first-round pick?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Pickett might've made a good run-down sub, but that was a luxury they couldn't afford in this new, "versatile lineman" system.

I wonder - I suppose it's a vague, forlorn hope - if Datone Jones's being out hurt that run defense. Anyone know if the guy was even playing okay this year? Does he even resemble a first-round pick?
    I thought he was picking it up after a mediocre start. Had a sack against the Bears and then got hurt the next week. Does he look like a 1st round pick? Taking into account that 70% of 1st round picks never make a Pro Bowl, I'll say he does. He ain't Reggie White, but I think he could be Vonnie Holliday.