Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Bear Week 2: Welcome to Mel Tucker, Interim Coach

If the sports science guy was carrying his weight, I am sure Clif Bar makes a supplement that would have prevented this.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    Saw Lang and Sitton did not practice today. Lang - we know about the ankle, Sitton - I heard it was his foot. I hope this one of MM's "We're just being smart" with Sitton. We can't lose anymore O-lineman.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/281648301.html
    America's most famous bully, Richie Incognito, is available.

I realize there's less than a 1% chance the Packers sign Incognito, as the low-key Ted Thompson is not someone who would entice fans to start www.firetedthompson.com or fly a plane over Lambeau with the banner calling for his head, ala fair-weather NY Jets fans.

Lang and Sitton's injuries better not be long-term cos desperate times often call desperate measures on the iphone.
    Last edited by Tyrion Lannister; 11-06-2014 at 05:42 AM.

Lang and Sitton did not practice today. They will test the injuries tomorrow. So it could be Taylor and Tretter. Not to worry though. Campen will coach 'em up.

Im seeing another broken collarbone for a-rod this week

And god help us if bulaga or bahk get hurt during the game

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    Im seeing another broken collarbone for a-rod this week

And god help us if bulaga or bahk get hurt during the game
    I've got a bad feeling about this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    I've got a bad feeling about this game.
    I would if the Packers were facing a good defense. Plus, the Bears have their own problems on the OL:

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...281555651.html

No depth: The Bears will begin the practice week with just seven players in the offensive line.

Matt Slauson, the starting left guard, suffered a season-ending pectoral injury against the Patriots. Tackle-guard Eben Britton, who was playing extensively in six-lineman formations, underwent an appendectomy during the bye week and will sit at least a week.

Rather than insert backup Michael Ola at left guard, a position he started in Games 2-4 for an injured Slauson, coach Marc Trestman decided to move right tackle Jordan Mills to the foreign position of left guard and insert Ola at right tackle.

Ola started at right tackle against the Patriots when Mills continued feeling the affects of off-season foot surgery.

"I thought Mills was OK at right tackle," a personnel man said. "I'm kind of surprised they moved him, actually. They liked him there last year a whole lot. That's a weird one. You usually don't move tackles."

Kevin Dorsey has a serious foot injury. His season could be over. Sounds like Sitton and Lang are both very iffy this week. I'm hoping one can play and Tretter can take the other spot. I don't want to see more of Lane Taylor.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

I got a bad feeling about this game. Packers save-up stinkers for night games. The two guards are iffy no matter who plays.

Grow a pair, fellas. Green Bay will be fine.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    I'm worried about the game after this game. Hard to imagine a loss coming off a bye coming off a loss. Plus its just the OL, not like they were taking advantage of their health by playing well anyways.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    I'm worried about the game after this game. Hard to imagine a loss coming off a bye coming off a loss. Plus its just the OL, not like they were taking advantage of their health by playing well anyways.
    The Bears were on a bye too.

Losing both guards is devastating. Every play is a dogfight on line of scrimmage. Tretter is an undersized, rusty player. Taylor looked bad every time he has been on the field, starting in preseason. Don't know how he made team. You don't notice the O-line because they are usually battling, even when they are having a so-so day.

I trust Tretter to pass block. Packers will have to forget about the run. Maybe it will be OK. More likely it's gonna be a tough game to pull out.

The Bears are down Houston along the d-line and are banged up as well. Starting two backup Gs this week likely won't kill us like it would against a fully healthy team.

Did I miss the joke here? Are you expecting the Packers to drub the Bears to bad that Tucker will be the interim coach after this week?
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    The Bears were on a bye too.

Losing both guards is devastating. Every play is a dogfight on line of scrimmage. Tretter is an undersized, rusty player. Taylor looked bad every time he has been on the field, starting in preseason. Don't know how he made team. You don't notice the O-line because they are usually battling, even when they are having a so-so day.

I trust Tretter to pass block. Packers will have to forget about the run. Maybe it will be OK. More likely it's gonna be a tough game to pull out.
    Tretter and Barclay got hurt. Otherwise I doubt he'd be here.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Tretter and Barclay got hurt. Otherwise I doubt he'd be here.
    Well, there's a guy on the street with NFL experience at both tackle and guard. Good size, low mileage. Darrin Sherwood, I believe his name is.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    I got a bad feeling about this game. Packers save-up stinkers for night games. The two guards are iffy no matter who plays.
    Bears have injury issues at Guard too. For some reason I like Rodgers' chances of being able to handle the situation better than I do Cutler's. Kool-Aid drinker I guess.

And our secondary is healthy, while theirs is pretty bad outside of the rookie that Jordy abused in their last meeting.

A 5:34 minute tribute to one of the very best draft picks the Packers ever made:

The Bottom Line:
    Formally Numb, same person, same views of M3

1. That was amazing
    2. Tramon comes to play against the Bears
    3. I still miss Collins
    Go PACK

Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimx29 View Post
    A 5:34 minute tribute to one of the very best draft picks the Packers ever made:
    Awesome. Cutler sure loves throwing to Shields

Hopefully Jay-C throws 4 more on Sunday. But none to Hyde. I promised I'll self-ban from the JSO comment sections if Hyde catches more picks this season than Josh Sitton.