Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: ROUND TWO TARGETS

Blog Entries

ROUND TWO TARGETS

Night one is winding down and it's a great night to be a Green Bay Packer Fan. The Pack got what many rated as the top safety in the NFL Draft.....and surely one of the top two safeties coming out of college.

While I was kind of hoping we filled a LB hole, there was a pretty good risk that the top tier safeties would be gone by our round two pick, and it was glaringly obvious we need immediate help there.

With that being said, it's time to fom a wishlist at round 2. Let's list some guys who we really like who have a realistic shot to be available at our pick in the 50's and list why they would be great fits.

I'll start with a name or two but looking for some great input here. Maybe we can come to some sort of agrement for our wishlist.

I'll start with one name of a WR who might fall to our pick in round two

1. Allen Robinson-- WR....Penn State--He' s a mooth route runner with a stellar attitute and big play ability. I think he has similarities to Greg Jennings. I like him more than Moncrief but I'm willing to listen to any arguments out there hinting otherwise.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I would love to find a way to get Tuitt or Van Noy without giving up a ton. I would like day 2 to be entirely defense again - preferably front 7.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    I would love to find a way to get Tuitt or Van Noy without giving up a ton. I would like day 2 to be entirely defense again - preferably front 7.
    DT Timmy Jernigan ...another slug who plays at times harder than others
    DT Stephen Tuitt......paired with Nix at Notre Dame...don't love either but he'd be ok round two
    DE Kony Ealy...........up and down guy.....I'm ok with him
    DT Louis Nix DT............slug that I'm ok with round two..off yr last year could cause him to keep dropping
    DT Ra'Shede Hageman .....may be boom or bust but I'd take him round two

OT Joel Bitonio FUNNY STUFF FROM CBS SITE
    COMPARES TO: Marshall Newhouse, Green Bay Packers - Like the 6-4, 319-pound Newhouse, Bitonio's size looks better on paper than it does on tape, where his less-than-ideal arm length and thick middle seem to project best to guard. Also like Newhouse, however, Bitonio is surprisingly athletic and a savvy, competitive football player, who'll carve out a niche somewhere

OG Xavier Su'a-Filo--Probably not there

TE Jace Amaro....odds are he's long gone but if he's there tough to pass up
    TE Austin Seferian Jenkins ...moster size....not convinced on him so hope he's picked by us

QB Derek Carr.....will be long gone for sure

WR Marqise Lee......will be long gone
    WR Allen Robinson.....like him just a tad more than Moncrief but elated with either at round 2
    WR Donte Moncrief.....would be elated with him at round two

LB Kyle Van Noy...love him at round two as well....playmaking LB...smash mouth
    LB Trent Murphy...impact players...SACKATRON......he'd be a great addition

C Weston Richard...a wonderful fit with out offense and what we look for. Stability at C for years to come
    Last edited by Bretsky; 05-08-2014 at 11:22 PM.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Austin Seferian Jenkins
    Demarcus Larence
    Jordan Matthews
    Kyle Van Noy
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Cody Latimer
    Davante Adams
    Jeremiah Attaochu
    Weston Richburg
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

GB could move up to about the fourth pick of the second round for their own second and third round picks. Anyone worth making that trade?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Night one is winding down and it's a great night to be a Green Bay Packer Fan. The Pack got what many rated as the top safety in the NFL Draft.....and surely one of the top two safeties coming out of college.

While I was kind of hoping we filled a LB hole, there was a pretty good risk that the top tier safeties would be gone by our round two pick, and it was glaringly obvious we need immediate help there.

With that being said, it's time to fom a wishlist at round 2. Let's list some guys who we really like who have a realistic shot to be available at our pick in the 50's and list why they would be great fits.

I'll start with a name or two but looking for some great input here. Maybe we can come to some sort of agrement for our wishlist.

I'll start with one name of a WR who might fall to our pick in round two

1. Allen Robinson-- WR....Penn State--He' s a mooth route runner with a stellar attitute and big play ability. I think he has similarities to Greg Jennings. I like him more than Moncrief but I'm willing to listen to any arguments out there hinting otherwise.
    Using that tool that pbmax posted yesterday:

http://wp.advancedfootballanalytics....alysisTool.php

The probability that Allen Robinson is available at Pick. NO. 53 is 0.58.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    GB could move up to about the fourth pick of the second round for their own second and third round picks. Anyone worth making that trade?
    that later third is compensatory - can't trade.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I really don't think there is
    The DL's are all up and down
    If one of those three WR's fell to us that would be a gold mine

To me none of those players stand out as beign worth what you suggest....talent this year is way deeper than past years so I'm not a fan of trade ups with where we are now

Blog Entries
    DT Timmy Jernigan ...another slug who plays at times harder than others
    DT Stephen Tuitt......paired with Nix at Notre Dame...don't love either but he'd be ok round two
    DE Kony Ealy...........up and down guy.....I'm ok with him
    DT Louis Nix DT............slug that I'm ok with round two..off yr last year could cause him to keep dropping
    DT Ra'Shede Hageman .....may be boom or bust but I'd take him round two

OT Joel Bitonio FUNNY STUFF FROM CBS SITE
    COMPARES TO: Marshall Newhouse, Green Bay Packers - Like the 6-4, 319-pound Newhouse, Bitonio's size looks better on paper than it does on tape, where his less-than-ideal arm length and thick middle seem to project best to guard. Also like Newhouse, however, Bitonio is surprisingly athletic and a savvy, competitive football player, who'll carve out a niche somewhere

OG Xavier Su'a-Filo--Probably not there

TE Jace Amaro....odds are he's long gone but if he's there tough to pass up
    TE Austin Seferian Jenkins ...moster size....not convinced on him so hope he's picked by us

QB Derek Carr.....will be long gone for sure

WR Marqise Lee......will be long gone
    WR Allen Robinson.....like him just a tad more than Moncrief but elated with either at round 2
    WR Donte Moncrief.....would be elated with him at round two
    WR Jordan Mathews...cousin of Jerry Rice...student of game...excellent attitude...stellar route runner..right with the top three here
    WE Cody Latimer......Indiana.....
    WR....Devant Adams.....

LB Kyle Van Noy...love him at round two as well....playmaking LB...smash mouth
    LB Trent Murphy...impact players...SACKATRON......he'd be a great addition
    LB..Jeremiah Attaouchu..OLB with fierce intensity....plenty of sacks....upside ...can lose his cool

C Weston Richard...a wonderful fit with out offense and what we look for. Stability at C for years to come
    Last edited by Bretsky; 05-08-2014 at 11:39 PM.

Blog Entries
    real good chance a WR with star upside is sitting there for us

I like Bitonio quite a bit. The Newhouse comparison is scary, but I don't think it's valid.

Bitonio = 32" vertical, 114" broad jump
    Newhouse = 25" vertical, 97" broad jump

Bitonio is a lot more explosive (e.g. stronger and more sudden in the lower body)

Amongst this year's OGs, Bitonio was 2nd in 40, 1st in shuttle, 1st in 3 cone, 1st in vertical, and 1st in broad jump. Actually, he more closely resembles Daryn Colledge athletically--although he's measured a smidge better than College. I think he'll be a better player.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Ealy's 4.92 40 time makes me think he's not fast enough to make the transition to 3-4 OLB, and he's too small for 3-4 DE. I think he's a 4-3 DE.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Also like Newhouse, however, Bitonio is surprisingly athletic and a savvy, competitive football player,
    that's just journalistic malpractice
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Why do all y'all want receivers? Cobb and Nelson will both be back for sure. They have a HOF type guy at QB. Spend the picks on D!!!!!!!!! They could throw out Taco Johnson and score 25-30 pts per game!

I would like a long 3-4 end, and a fast ILB. Don't really care about any other positions right now. I would like the first four picks to be D.
    Last edited by call_me_ishmael; 05-09-2014 at 12:58 AM.

Why do all y'all want receivers? Cobb and Nelson will both be back for sure. They have a HOF type guy at QB. Spend the picks on D!!!!!!!!! They could throw out Taco Johnson and score 25-30 pts per game!

I would like a long 3-4 end, and a fast ILB. Don't really care about any other positions right now. I would like the first four picks to be D.
    2013 was an even split, and I was much happier with how that looked than 2012 when they spent the first 6 picks on defense.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Also like Newhouse, however, Bitonio is surprisingly athletic and a savvy, competitive football player
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    that's just journalistic malpractice
    Or satire.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Blog Entries

I don't think I want a WR; I think I want the Best Player Available. I'm hoping that matches a need. With the being said, there is some star talent left at WR. If it's taking what GB perceives to be a potential future star like Moncrief or Robinson, or an average starter....I'll go BPA and grab the star in round two.

This is a year where the WR's are loaded..far deeper than most years and probably the deepest position in the draft as far as round one/two type players.

My guess is there is a big run on WR's but if a WR is there with hands down the highest grade I roll with him. Given how many good ones there are this year that could happen.

It would not suprirse me if TT drafts Richard either; he's a Center who is a great fit in our offense.

Of course I'd LOVE to see a LB with pass rushing skills who could throw Just a Guy Jones to the curb if he's the BPA as well.

But I"m fine with BPA at this pick.

Blog Entries
    Feel free to keep adding names............when I get home from work I'll try to paste our list into the day two draft board and we can watch them get plucked one by one up to our pick. Or worse yet...when the guy we want the most falls right into our lap...TT will trade down ..........lol

Packers Day 2 Targets:

TE Jace Amaro
    DT Louis Nix III
    TE Troy Niklas
    WR Allen Robinson
    OLB Jeremiah Attaochu
    ILB Christian Jones
    WR Davente Adams