Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: More Banjo: vs. Eagles Week 11

Reporters have cleared Jordy:

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 42m42 minutes ago
    I was wrong. @JordyRNelson "was just tired. I’m good." Limp? "We got stuck on the sideline for awhile. I was just trying to warm back up."

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 38m38 minutes ago
    In fairness, Jordy didn't say he wasn't limping. He also enjoyed laugh at my expense. RT @louise__lep: I thought the word was delusional.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Best quote of the game so far:

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 2h2 hours ago
    Peppers on his interception... "I’m not necessarily sure how he didn’t see me on that.”

I am liking Julius more and more every week. Pick 6 or no.

Julius Peppers... “This is the standard. This is what we expect. This isn’t anything different from what we expect."
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Q has to get better at this. You have to get Eddie with your right elbow and hand inside your torso. Meanwhile, you reach futilely but obviously to block Eagles #27.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Seattle is in deep trouble. They trail Arizona by 3 games, and even their wildcard chances don't seem great. Their schedule down the stretch is brutal
    Actually...all the contenders in the NFC West have brutal schedules remaining because they have to all play each other a lot. Seattle, SF and Arizona are going to get to know each other real well over the next month plus. That is a very good thing for everyone else in the NFC.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

This about sums up the weekend:

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 16m16 minutes ago
    #Packers coach Mike McCarthy must've watched @Melvingordon25 and @BadgerFootball on Saturday. "Great weekend for Wisconsin football."

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Best quote of the game so far:

Peppers on his interception... "I’m not necessarily sure how he didn’t see me on that.”

I am liking Julius more and more every week. Pick 6 or no.

Julius Peppers... “This is the standard. This is what we expect. This isn’t anything different from what we expect."
    I love a bit of understatement.

Rivers McCown ‏@riversmccown 13m13 minutes ago
    NE vs. IND, 2013 playoffs: 46 carries, 234 yards, 6 touchdowns. NE vs. IND, tonight: 45 carries, 244 yards, 4 touchdowns.

I am sensing the Patriots might try to run on the Packers.

Anyone notice a Bear front for the Packers in the Philly game?

More from Matthews: A week after he debuted at inside linebacker in certain defensive packages, Clay Matthews added another position to his list. On several plays, he actually lined up on the line of scrimmage but outside of the outside linebacker. He batted down a pass from that spot in the third quarter. He started the game at inside linebacker next to A.J. Hawk, just like he did last week, and played the majority of his snaps there. He also played some snaps at his old spot, right outside linebacker. He was credited with five tackles, a sack and a pass breakup.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-pa...bay-packers-24

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Jordy had a couple of balls knocked from his hands. Overall, the Eagles were very physical with him. I would say the rainbow in the endzone was just a good defensive play, whereas the sideline pass inside the 10 was slightly underthrown but nonetheless is a drop.
    I think he had a couple other drops too. Actually not a great game for Jordy despite a couple bigger plays. He seemed frustrated with himself.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    What's gotten into the Rams with all the winning and shit?
    Jeff Fisher

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...1.html#packers

On the season, Peppers now has 30 tackles (17 solo), five sacks, six pass breakups, two interceptions (for 101 yards, two touchdowns), two forced fumbles and three fumble recoveries.
    Asked multiple times if dominating a playoff contender like the Eagles was the jolt of confidence this defense needed, Peppers shook his head. He called this "the standard," what the Packers "expect."

Adam Levitan ‏@adamlevitan 26m26 minutes ago
    Per PFF, Eddie Lacy now 4th in NFL in yards after contact per attempt. Top-5 are DeMarco, Arian, Ivory, Lacy, Marshawn Lynch.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Hello McFly, HELLO!

However, they certainly have the look of invincibility at Lambeau Field, which was their gateway to the Super Bowl in 1996 and 2010.
    http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/282869951.html

Rivers McCown ‏@riversmccown 13m13 minutes ago
    NE vs. IND, 2013 playoffs: 46 carries, 234 yards, 6 touchdowns. NE vs. IND, tonight: 45 carries, 244 yards, 4 touchdowns.

I am sensing the Patriots might try to run on the Packers.
    Packers might have a better run D than the Colts. Plus NE went with 6 lineman.

New England Patriots 42 at Indianapolis Colts 20
    Aaron Schatz: So the Pats come in 31st in run offense DVOA, then spend the first drive completely stuffing the ball down Indy's throat with six-offensive-lineman sets and run after run. (Colts were 22nd in run defense DVOA, so at least that part makes some sense. Plus, they employ Erik Walden.)
    http://www.footballoutsiders.com/aud...s-line-week-11

Q has to get better at this. You have to get Eddie with your right elbow and hand inside your torso. Meanwhile, you reach futilely but obviously to block Eagles #27.

I'm a tad surprised they didn't flag Q for assisting Lacy getting into the end zone there.

Eddie, Q and the Gang in gif form.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Eddie, Q and the Gang in gif form.

There was a discussion with Mike Pereria last week on talk radio and he said pushing the running back was OK as long as you don't grab him. He was commenting on the Monday Night game, I think, where a WR was grabbed by a player in the end zone and pulled in for a TD. He said that definitely had to be called by the ref but wasn't.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Anyone notice a Bear front for the Packers in the Philly game?
    you mean where they line up and then quit? No, I didn't see that.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Hello McFly, HELLO!

Quote Originally Posted by McGinn
    However, they certainly have the look of invincibility at Lambeau Field, which was their gateway to the Super Bowl in 1996 and 2010.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/282869951.html
    Saw that too. What was he smoking? Maybe thinking gateway to the playoffs in 2010, but...weird.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I can't figure out how he survived the tackle attempt by Vinny Curry (75). Curry, by the way, puts the lie here to the idea that the Iggles got tired of tackling.