Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: More Banjo: vs. Eagles Week 11

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    [IMG]http.gif[/IMG]

I can't figure out how he survived the tackle attempt by Vinny Curry (75). Curry, by the way, puts the lie here to the idea that the Iggles got tired of tackling.
    I think he was trying to grab his arms while tacking, hoping to force a turnover or make a TO more likely on the next hit. But when Eddie spun, he lost his grip.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    There was a discussion with Mike Pereria last week on talk radio and he said pushing the running back was OK as long as you don't grab him. He was commenting on the Monday Night game, I think, where a WR was grabbed by a player in the end zone and pulled in for a TD. He said that definitely had to be called by the ref but wasn't.
    More on Mike Pereria.

On talk radio today he was talking about his time as head of the refs. He said Monday and Tuesday he would receive tons of calls and e-mails asking about all the questionable/horrible calls from the weekend.

He said he once got a call from Jim Mora during halftime to complain about a PI call. Mike Pereria told him he only had 12 minutes and he should be with his team.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Must be seen to be believed. Best defense against Darren Sproles in years.

https://vine.co/v/O59W73bVgYF
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

That makes sense, Curry going for the strip. For some reason when I first saw the play it looked like Curry tried to wrap himself around Lacy and Lacy just shrugged him off without breaking stride. Maybe it was the angle, but it looked like Lacy took all of Curry's force and then gave him a superman move.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post

They also used defensive backs instead of Brad Jones to cover him out of the backfield. Hyde had him blanketed a couple of times. Probably was out of the 2-4. Unsound!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

ALL IS WELL! REMAIN CALM!

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 5m5 minutes ago
    MM: No medical updates from Sunday. Weren't any injuries to report after the game either (including Nelson)

SERIOUSLY, THIS IS HIS MOST UNDERRATED TRAIT. UNFLAPPABLE WITHOUT IGNORING REALITY.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 33s33 seconds ago
    MM not focusing on Peterson's possible return. "If something happens, we'll adjust."

NOW I AM WORRIED HE ACTUALLY PAYS ATTENTION TO THIS STUFF. LIKE PHILLY BEAT WRITERS DID TO EAGLES WEARING HOME WHITE TO FORCE DALLAS INTO ROAD GRAYS. IT WORKED ONCE I THINK.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 1m1 minute ago
    McCarthy: We're not only 4-0 in (throwback) uniforms, but the point differential is pretty high. Those were all pretty good days for us.
    Last edited by pbmax; 11-17-2014 at 04:30 PM.

I honestly love the throwbacks, even more with the yellow helmets. I wish the pants were yellow, though.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    I honestly love the throwbacks, even more with the yellow helmets. I wish the pants were yellow, though.
    I like them too. Love the jersey. Not sure I would love yellow pants, but yellow helmets work OK.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    My wife hates them and asked me why they have them. I said a third jersey to sell to fans.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Do you agree with Maxie; was this a signature win?

Better than road win versus Dolphins?
    I don't know if I agree with Maxie. I sure feel better about the team after the win than I did before. I thought it was an important game to win for a lot of reasons. The Pack made Sanchez, Philly and Chip Kelly look way less formidable than advertised. The next two games will clinch it for me. Can we smoke Minnesota at home in a game we're supposed to? Or will we lay an egg as we have in the past? Can we beat New England, a top quality team, with a proven coach, the best tight end in the league, a good running game and an elite QB? Or will we stumble as we have in the past?

The New England game would probably be my "signature game." Right now I'm pretty darn confident we can beat Brady and company, at home or away.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Wonder how many DLs are smart enough to take the angle he did there. How many times do you see a play like this from a DT?

I saw that play live and I said to my friend that it was one of the most impressive line plays I've ever witnessed. Recognizes the screen. Locates the running back, tracks him to prevent a cutback and push to the sideline, follows it by wrapping up a particularly wiry back.

The outcome was nice, but obviously not spectacular. A simple tackle. A pick six is preferrable, obviously, but this play was a thing of beauty, nonetheless.

You would need Jolly to intercept it to get much better. He could have recognized it earlier (that goes for all the line) but the pursuit was spectacular.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    There was a discussion with Mike Pereria last week on talk radio and he said pushing the running back was OK as long as you don't grab him. He was commenting on the Monday Night game, I think, where a WR was grabbed by a player in the end zone and pulled in for a TD. He said that definitely had to be called by the ref but wasn't.
    Oh, thanks for that clarification. I truly wondered about that play.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    I saw that play live and I said to my friend that it was one of the most impressive line plays I've ever witnessed. Recognizes the screen. Locates the running back, tracks him to prevent a cutback and push to the sideline, follows it by wrapping up a particularly wiry back.

The outcome was nice, but obviously not spectacular. A simple tackle. A pick six is preferrable, obviously, but this play was a thing of beauty, nonetheless.
    Not that many weeks ago a lot of folks were ready to run Guion out of town on a rail.