Yeah the Raiders are far from a good team but their D isn't too bad. They got the vets hanging on and a bunch of young guys - some of whom will probably learn that discipline and develop to become good players. I agree with PB that Sparano wouldn't be my guy (though if he'd be willing to step back into the DC position I think he's good there.) If an offensive/QB guru like Holmgren would be looking to get back into coaching, I think it could be a good landing spot where you have a young QB with a lot of tools but needs an Obi Wan to show him the way - and you're likely looking at drafting very near the top of the draft each round for the next couple years, and assuming Reggie can hang on with you, you have a football guy you can work with to build an offense who has now pretty much completed all the roster cleansing from the brutal cap position he inherited... With that football tradition I think it could be a good opportunity for someone. Maybe Holmgren's time has passed but I'd be watching more Raider games next year and thinking more bullish about them if something like that happened this offseason.

Also, regarding Woodson... He's slowed down and doesn't cover in space like he used to but he's still effective in crowds and around the line of scrimmage. They're starting to move him up a lot more and getting him around the line of scrimmage and his football instincts and experience are beginning to show more. I didn't see a lot of the game last night but he made some plays around and behind the line of scrimmage ala the old Woodson. I think he's got another year in him after this one yet to help usher the transition before he rides off into the sunset and directly to the Packer, Raider (if they have one) and Pro Football Halls of Fame. College too but he may already be in that one for all I know.