Thread: Official Packers vs. Vikings II Discussion Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    I hope the Packer players and coaches were watching Thursday Night Football. The Raiders outplay the Chiefs and beat them in the final minute!
    Try and figure out the NFL. The Chefs start out 0-2, including an inexplicable home loss to the Titanics. Now they lose to the winless Raiders. In between their two head-scratching losses to the Titans (first week) and Rrrraiders (this week) they have soundly beaten Miami (away), New England (home), San Diego (away), killed St. Louis and got by NYJ (home), Buffalo (road) and Seattle (home). Sitting in the cat bird seat at 7-3 and boom, they go down.

Oakland gave Seattle more of a game than the Packers did in Seattle. Perhaps Oakland is not as bad as their record would indicate. If they can find some balance on offense and the defense can keep stopping people, they might win another game. I like Carr, I think he's gonna be a good one.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    I like Carr, I think he's gonna be a good one.
    Agreed. The game doesn't look too big for him.

Blog Entries
    Oakland gave Seattle more of a game than the Packers did in Seattle. Perhaps Oakland is not as bad as their record would indicate. If they can find some balance on offense and the defense can keep stopping people, they might win another game. I like Carr, I think he's gonna be a good one.
    It seems like Woodson believes it, and he likes Carr too. He added a nice little stat to his Hall of Fame resume tonight - Only player in history with 50 (He has 58) interceptions and 20 sacks.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    It seems like Woodson believes it, and he likes Carr too. He added a nice little stat to his Hall of Fame resume tonight - Only player in history with 50 (He has 58) interceptions and 20 sacks.
    Wood is unreal.

He still has the ability of a young kid.

I was thinking last night that they should put his HOF plaque on his jersey.

Perhaps Oakland is not as bad as their record would indicate.
    This. I think they got roughed up once by the Broncos, but have otherwise been at least superficially competitive in every game. Could be a good dark horse wildcard candidate in 2015, honestly.

Try and figure out the NFL. The Chefs start out 0-2, including an inexplicable home loss to the Titanics. Now they lose to the winless Raiders. In between their two head-scratching losses to the Titans (first week) and Rrrraiders (this week) they have soundly beaten Miami (away), New England (home), San Diego (away), killed St. Louis and got by NYJ (home), Buffalo (road) and Seattle (home). Sitting in the cat bird seat at 7-3 and boom, they go down.

There is some logic here. San Diego is not as good as they looked early. Miami started out struggling. And New England finally got their act together after the Chiefs loss. They have been a touch fortunate with the schedule.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.