Thread: Official Packers vs. Vikings II Discussion Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Actually Oakland is pretty bad. I watched the entire game. They have mediocre players at all the skill positions. Carr is a decent QB, but nothing special. Very inaccurate all night. KC had at least 3 or 4 easy interceptions dropped. The weather was the equalizer. The weather and KC being flat. Raiders special teams almost let the Chiefs back in the game. Their most glaring weakness is coaching. It was like a team out of control. They must have been penalized 1000 yards.

On one play in the 4th qtr with KC driving for a tying score, Oakland had two DPI penalties and defensive hands to the face...on the same play. Typical Woodson DPI was called a couple times. Woodson made some great plays (sacks, tackles for loss) but he also let Charles run away from him for a TD. He's slowing down.

The most bizarre play of the evening was in the last 40 seconds. KC was driving down for a winning TD. It was 3rd and 15 I believe and Alex Smith was sacked. The whole KC offense got up quickly to snap the ball again, but 3 or 4 Raiders were 20 yards behind the line of scrimmage celebrating. Two Raiders were actually doing some kind of end zone celebration dance. Apparently, they had lost track of the downs. If not for a Raider being smart and calling a TO, KC might have got the 1st down and scored.

Very, very undisciplined team. I think they won on pure emotion. They were high as a kite at home; the Chiefs were flat as a pancake.

You can't call it in and expect success in the NFL. No matter who you are or who you're playing, if... you don't come to play and the other team does, you're toast. Add some bad weather as an equalizer and...disaster.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Actually Oakland is pretty bad. I watched the entire game. They have mediocre players at all the skill positions. Carr is a decent QB, but nothing special. Very inaccurate all night. KC had at least 3 or 4 easy interceptions dropped. The weather was the equalizer. The weather and KC being flat. Raiders special teams almost let the Chiefs back in the game. Their most glaring weakness is coaching. It was like a team out of control. They must have been penalized 1000 yards.

On one play in the 4th qtr with KC driving for a tying score, Oakland had two DPI penalties and defensive hands to the face...on the same play. Typical Woodson DPI was called a couple times. Woodson made some great plays (sacks, tackles for loss) but he also let Charles run away from him for a TD. He's slowing down.

The most bizarre play of the evening was in the last 40 seconds. KC was driving down for a winning TD. It was 3rd and 15 I believe and Alex Smith was sacked. The whole KC offense got up quickly to snap the ball again, but 3 or 4 Raiders were 20 yards behind the line of scrimmage celebrating. Two Raiders were actually doing some kind of end zone celebration dance. Apparently, they had lost track of the downs. If not for a Raider being smart and calling a TO, KC might have got the 1st down and scored.

Very, very undisciplined team. I think they won on pure emotion. They were high as a kite at home; the Chiefs were flat as a pancake.

You can't call it in and expect success in the NFL. No matter who you are or who you're playing, if... you don't come to play and the other team does, you're toast. Add some bad weather as an equalizer and...disaster.
    M3 needs to read your post to the team.

I watched a chunk of the 4th quarter, and you're spot on. Oakland was up by 17 I think at one point, and I thought they were going to give it away. The sack celebration while the offense was lining up was hilarious! A couple of DL with their back turned to the ball, dancing away. There was a bit of time on the clock, if KC gets gifted a 1st down there it could've resulted in the game going the other way.

--
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Blog Entries

Justin Tuck called the TO on that bizarre celebration play. Tuck and Wood were the only two Raiders paying any attention to what was going on. The disgusted look on Tuck's face was priceless.

I don't even think they thought it was 4th down, that is too much credit. I suspect they were excited and stopped thinking about anything at all. If they had looked around, they would have noticed all the other players were lining up for a play. I'm all in favor of celebrations - if they are short and sweet. But running 20 yards down field to create a stage is tedious.