Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A newbie - the truth about the Packers

A newbie - the truth about the Packers

I am a long time follower and a first time poster. First, I enjoy reading all of your threads, but now I unfortunately have to speak the truth about the Packers. The brain trust believes that with an elite offense, they can win a championship. Unfortunately, we all now that is not the truth. Since the Super Bowl year: year after year the Packers explosive offense has ground to a halt against elite defensives, both in the regular season and the playoffs. Unless and until the Packers have a vastly improved defense, this will always be the case. Although I am happy that that the Packers are a good football team, it has become disheartening to know that they will continue to be a one and done team in the playoffs because of this mentality. Thanks for listening to my rant.

Packman

Dont forget about the unspecial teams

This has also been a problem for years but had been for the most part ignored

[QUOTE=domey;813129] year after year the Packers explosive offense has ground to a halt against elite defensives, both in the regular season and the playoffs. /QUOTE]

I'm stingy with credit for the Buffalo D today. The Packers beat themselves

Quote Originally Posted by domey View Post
    I am a long time follower and a first time poster. First, I enjoy reading all of your threads, but now I unfortunately have to speak the truth about the Packers. The brain trust believes that with an elite offense, they can win a championship. Unfortunately, we all now that is not the truth. Since the Super Bowl year: year after year the Packers explosive offense has ground to a halt against elite defensives, both in the regular season and the playoffs. Unless and until the Packers have a vastly improved defense, this will always be the case. Although I am happy that that the Packers are a good football team, it has become disheartening to know that they will continue to be a one and done team in the playoffs because of this mentality. Thanks for listening to my rant.

Packman
    You speak truth.

First, I enjoy reading all of your threads,
    Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    You speak truth.
    I smell perjury

Is it time for the Kool Aid Brigade to come up for air?

The team certainly has certain needs for improvement. Every strong team looks to improve.

The team might be favoured in any shoot out but championship teams are teams that have a balance on both sides of the ball.

See Seattle.

See NE.

I believe we can still win it all this season but it has to spring from the insufficient effort today. It's simply one game that we can come back from.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 12-14-2014 at 07:44 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

[QUOTE=Harlan Huckleby;813151]
    year after year the Packers explosive offense has ground to a halt against elite defensives, both in the regular season and the playoffs. /QUOTE]

I'm stingy with credit for the Buffalo D today. The Packers beat themselves
    That's the worst loser's lament possible. Buffalo rose up and won. And it's not too shocking, given the Pack was only a 3 point favorite at kickoff and employ a ST coach with special needs.

Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post

That's the worst loser's lament possible. Buffalo rose up and won. And it's not too shocking, given the Pack was only a 3 point favorite at kickoff and employ a ST coach with special needs.
    A classic loser's lament, yes. I think it is true today. Like George Washington, I can not tell a like unless absolutely necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    I smell perjury
    Ohh Boy !
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Is it time for the Kool Aid Brigade to come up for air?

The Team certainly has certain needs for improvement. Every strong team looks to improve.

The team might be favoured in any shoot out but championship teams are teams that have a balance on both sides of the ball.

See Seattle.

See NE.

I believe we can still win it all this season but it has to spring from the insufficient effort today. It's simply one game that we can come back from.
    agreed
    Brandon Marshall, MAN...!!
    Jimmie Johnson: Nascar's G.O.A.T......

Packman
    What is wrong with having an elite offense? And, how do you know what the "brain trust" believes?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    the simple fact is that the Packers are not good enough to beat Seattle. But, because they can't solve PKD™ we may be spared a horrible playoff loss at Seattle in favor of a horrible, season-ending loss to Detroit.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    the simple fact is that the Packers are not good enough to beat Seattle. But, because they can't solve PKD™ we may be spared a horrible playoff loss at Seattle in favor of a horrible, season-ending loss to Detroit.
    The gnashing of teeth would be deafening.

This PKD was NOT the reason we lost today.

Just puked in my mouth. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    If too many Packers looked 'peaked' maybe it's the Mumps?

An epidemic of Mumps has hit the NHL of late.

Otherwise peaked and performance aren't necessarily related.

the simple fact is that the Packers are not good enough to beat Seattle.
    Sure they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Packgator View Post
    Sure they are.
    Not in Seattle.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    sure it was. It affected the way the offense played. They were never comfortable in the passing game. Some of the passes that were off were off because Rodgers was moving in the pocket as he was passing and/or getting bumped or just about to get hit. QBs sense that. All the back shoulder throws were due to corners pressing because they know the pressure will bail them out. And it did - it forced early and inaccurate throws.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    sure it was. It affected the way the offense played. They were never comfortable in the passing game. Some of the passes that were off were off because Rodgers was moving in the pocket as he was passing and/or getting bumped or just about to get hit. QBs sense that. All the back shoulder throws were due to corners pressing because they know the pressure will bail them out. And it did - it forced early and inaccurate throws.
    The ST shit the bed today. No matter how bad the O played today we could have won.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston