Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Adrian Peterson Suspended Rest of Year

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    This just can't be a major piece of the standard.
    I didn't suggest the NFL-NFLPA agreement should have a contrition clause.
    But I should think an NFL team would be foolish to sign AP under current circumstances.
    I think you will see AP seeing the light publicly, sincere or not.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Somebody just married Charles Manson. Anything is possible
    Fucking A.

Not just "somebody." A 26 year old chick.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Not just "somebody." A 26 year old chick.
    Who presumably is so far removed from Helter Skelter due to age that it didn't bother her like it should.

<shakes head in disbelief>
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    Who presumably is so far removed from Helter Skelter due to age that it didn't bother her like it should.

<shakes head in disbelief>
    Nah. He's still a charmer, and for some women, getting people to commit brutal murders for you IS tHe charm.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Nah. He's still a charmer, and for some women, getting people to commit brutal murders for you IS tHe charm.
    Maybe that could be your Drew Barrymore strategy?
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Maybe that could be your Drew Barrymore strategy?
    I am very relieved I didn't have to make that joke.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Under Texas law, it was misdemeanor reckless assault.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/04/justic...peterson-plea/
    Isn't that cute.

The Bottom Line:
    Formally Numb, same person, same views of M3

I'm sure I understand this less and less. How can he not have been sufficiently punished by now?
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    I'm sure I understand this less and less. How can he not have been sufficiently punished by now?
    I love the judgement that being on the Commissioner's list and being paid isn't punishment.

1. Any other line of work being suspended with pay isn't considered a disciplinary measure?
    2. Costs him a year of accrued service which can have implications for his compensation and retirement, not to mention his contract not tolling.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I love the judgement that being on the Commissioner's list and being paid isn't punishment.

1. Any other line of work being suspended with pay isn't considered a disciplinary measure?
    2. Costs him a year of accrued service which can have implications for his compensation and retirement, not to mention his contract not tolling.
    Another good line of thought I saw is that future football contracts are based on present performance, so if there is no present performance, there will be no future contract.

Add to that that the judges ruling (in Minnesota!) on the Pat and Kevin Williams case, where he decided that their suspension (pending appeal?) constituted irreparable harm.

IMO the NFL is counting on the public not having any sympathy for a guy who sat at home earning $10M+, and they're probably mostly right.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

I found this covered it pretty well.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/adrian-...002636493.html

Adrian Peterson's potential exit plans from Vikings took hit in losing appeal

BY: Charles Robinson ........... 12 hours ago
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Somebody just married Charles Manson. Anything is possible
    Not yet, big boy.

They are merely engaged, for now.

The word out there now is that Adrian Peterson is considering retirement.

All the same there's this:

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vi...285690181.html

Reusse: NFL got this wrong, Peterson should be permitted back on the field

Article by: PATRICK REUSSE , Star Tribune

Updated: December 13, 2014 - 6:11 AM
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...g-from-the-nfl

Adrian Peterson: 'I've considered retiring from the NFL'

By: Will Robinson NFL.com

Published: Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:36 p.m. ... Updated: Dec. 13, 2014 at 04:23 p.m.

Blog Entries
    Am I the only one who thinks Peterson has screwed/is screwing this whole fiasco up every step of the way? You abused an innocent 4-year old boy, and others before that. Get counseling, take your medicine and get past it son! The NFL has a strong interest in not being portrayed as going light on battering women and children.

Don't tweet about how your son can really take a beating, then admit you smoked pot before a mandatory drug test, then fight the discipline the whole way. That ain't good for business and you don't have a right to play in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks Peterson has screwed/is screwing this whole fiasco up every step of the way? You abused an innocent 4-year old boy, and others before that. Get counseling, take your medicine and get past it son! The NFL has a strong interest in not being portrayed as going light on battering women and children.

Don't tweet about how your son can really take a beating, then admit you smoked pot before a mandatory drug test, then fight the discipline the whole way. That ain't good for business and you don't have a right to play in the NFL.
    Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post

He has made the public errors you mention, but he was largely headed down the path of no resistance early in this by doing a plea-deal in Texas to the case. He also agreed to the Commissioner's List placement with pay. Which, by the way, if you are a player and are relying on the good faith of the League when dealing with any matter, you are an idiot (same with NFLPA).

However, that has now become the second best argument the League has for treating him harshly (public acknowledgment would be first). The expectation was that the case against him for the original charge was weak and he could have easily beat it. Had he down so, the League would have less of a case and Peterson would have more of one if he takes this to Federal Court.