Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rodgers Reminds Magic of Bird

Blog Entries
    This excerpt from the SI article on Cobb and his contract status.
    Let’s face it, if you catch passes for a living, there’s really not a better gig in the NFL these days than being a cog in the Aaron Rodgers’ points-palooza in Green Bay. Cobb is well aware of the history No. 12 is making this season. Rodgers leads the league in a host of meaningful statistical categories, and his dominance in the past two months has been pace-setting, with 23 touchdown passes, two interceptions, a 9.72 yards per pass attempt and 132.2 passer rating in the Packers’ past seven games. When Rodgers gets on a roll, Green Bay gets on a roll.

“It’s definitely special what Aaron’s doing,’‘ Cobb said. “I see it week in and week out, and day in and day out. I think when it’s all said and done, he’s going to be the best quarterback in the history of this game, and arguably the best football player in the history of this game.
    I'm trying my damnedest not to worry about what a simple thing like another helmet to the knee of Cobb might do to change where the dominoes might land.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Should we start calling him Bryan so we sound smarter? Bryan Starr would be a good name for a super hero.
    There was a guy on the Chiefs last night named "Phillip Supernaw." I noticed the name on the back of his uniform and thought it was "Superman."
    I did a double take. So close.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    Check this out.

His entire career probably plots out looking similar too. Greatest ever in the combination of efficiency in gaining yards through the air, scoring points and avoiding turnovers. And it looks like he's just now starting to separate further from the rest of the quarterbacks in history. If he keeps that up for much longer, add another championship or two and you'd have to start thinking about whether anybody's ever even been close to him.
    Yeah, that just about sums it up. The perfect combination of production and efficiency= GOAT

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    Check this out.

His entire career probably plots out looking similar too. Greatest ever in the combination of efficiency in gaining yards through the air, scoring points and avoiding turnovers. And it looks like he's just now starting to separate further from the rest of the quarterbacks in history. If he keeps that up for much longer, add another championship or two and you'd have to start thinking about whether anybody's ever even been close to him.
    That chart is awfully amazing. There is a fairly unremarkable progression from one to another within the group, but Rodgers is a gigantic outlier. Rodgers separates himself from the best in the group in each criteria by as much as the low to the high in the group for each category.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    We get a championship this year and the recognition Rodgers gets will come unglued!
    Aaron Rodgers is the Greatest Quarterback Ever to Play American Football
    Before you call this missive a homer’s drooling homage to Rodgers, I draw my holy water from the three rivers of the Ohio, Allegheny, and Monongahela. When I was born the doctor wrapped me in Terrible Towels, with zero allegiance to the mythology of Lambeau Field or Vince Lombardi. Indeed, I still say my Men of Steel handed Green Bay the Super Bowl, thanks to a late game fumble by Rashard Mendenhall.

Sour grapes? You bet. But there’s nothing sour about the sugar-sweet game of Aaron Rodgers, who is a man alone in Lambeau. If there’s a professional proviso, he needs to win another Trophy named after the patron saint of football.

But if Green Bay wins this year’s Super Bowl, not only will his place in the NFL pantheon be amply archived, but it will be time to regard Rodgers as not just an immortal, but also the king of all NFL quarterbacks.

Nice, quick read. Worth it.