Thread: Rodgers Reminds Magic of Bird

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I have said from early in his career as a starter - Rodgers reminds me of Bart Starr. No other QB since Starr has evoked memories of and the feelings I had about Starr, until Rodgers took over as the starter. Total command of what is going on. Will not make the critical mental mistake that loses you a game. Calm in tense game situations. Demanding of those around him, just as he is demanding of himself. Rodgers seems to be the same type of gentleman that Starr is.

For me, a football fan and Packer fan who witnessed the Packer dynasty of the 1960's it is the a biggest compliment I can think of.
    From comments he makes, it seems Rodgers strives to be what Starr was to the Packers.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    And if Magic Johnson is looking for a Packer who reminds him of himself, that might be Charles Woodson - who could play multiple different positions and roles, including the leadership role to take a team to a championship - in college and in the Pros.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck