Thread: Rodgers Reminds Magic of Bird

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Its very high praise coming from magic, comparing a-rod to his best friend

I dont know if we've every seen anyone like a-rod. A 200 yard 2 td and 1 int game is a really bad day for him. Eli just had a 5 int game, thats something we will never see from rodgers, not even close. All of his int this year can be blamed on the recievers

He may just be the best ever when its all said and done. He wont have the career records, but thats only because he got a late start

Myself and others have said that favre and a-rod is is like montana and young, but i would say its more like young followed by montana

We are so lucky

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    He may just be the best ever when its all said and done. He wont have the career records, but thats only because he got a late start

Myself and others have said that favre and a-rod is is like montana and young, but i would say its more like young followed by montana

We are so lucky
    Yeah, you could even say that Rodgers hasn't had the GOAT (modern time anyway) Jerry Rice to throw to. The "reality" is though that now he just needs what, 3 more rings? I'll be the first to shout from the rooftops that counting championships to measure individual greatness is patently unfair - but I also am the first one to tout Starr's five as proof of his greatness. It's not the end all or even close to that simple but it sure is a good sign. He needs one or two more I'd say to reach that Mt. Everest. No reason right now to say he can't or won't do it other than that he hasn't.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    I dont know if we've every seen anyone like a-rod.
    Check this out.

His entire career probably plots out looking similar too. Greatest ever in the combination of efficiency in gaining yards through the air, scoring points and avoiding turnovers. And it looks like he's just now starting to separate further from the rest of the quarterbacks in history. If he keeps that up for much longer, add another championship or two and you'd have to start thinking about whether anybody's ever even been close to him.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    Check this out.

His entire career probably plots out looking similar too. Greatest ever in the combination of efficiency in gaining yards through the air, scoring points and avoiding turnovers. And it looks like he's just now starting to separate further from the rest of the quarterbacks in history. If he keeps that up for much longer, add another championship or two and you'd have to start thinking about whether anybody's ever even been close to him.
    Yeah, that just about sums it up. The perfect combination of production and efficiency= GOAT

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    Check this out.

That chart is awfully amazing. There is a fairly unremarkable progression from one to another within the group, but Rodgers is a gigantic outlier. Rodgers separates himself from the best in the group in each criteria by as much as the low to the high in the group for each category.