Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Sherry era ends

Rat Starter
    I wouldn't be surprised if Sherry becomes a player for another team, a la Breno Giacomini.

Fire Campen.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Wow...
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

I'm actually surprised by this given the lack of depth on the OL. They must be pretty sure Lang will be okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I'm actually surprised by this given the lack of depth on the OL. They must be pretty sure Lang will be okay.
    Tretter can slide over to guard and also plays center. Might even do better at tackle than Sherrod in a pinch.

Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    Tretter can slide over to guard and also plays center. Might even do better at tackle than Sherrod in a pinch.
    Except he has spent zero time at tackle as a pro. He must have looked good there the last two weeks of practice.

I will miss Derek's first round measurables.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 9m9 minutes ago
    Just talked to a scout about GB's 2011 draft. YEah, it's bad he said but that draft is proving to be bad in general. Sounds like homework.

They still have Cobb and House. So it is a tire fire, but its burning around a very nice car and truck.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Except he has spent zero time at tackle as a pro. He must have looked good there the last two weeks of practice.

I will miss Derek's first round measurables.
    I don't understand. Measurables?
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    I don't understand. Measurables?
    Height, weight, hand size, speed, vertical leap, broad jump, shuttle run, etc. All the combine and Pro Day stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Height, weight, hand size, speed, vertical leap, broad jump, shuttle run, etc. All the combine and Pro Day stuff.
    Do you think it's a case of measurables not translating to performance on the field? Or do you think the injury did him in?
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.

Do you think it's a case of measurables not translating to performance on the field? Or do you think the injury did him in?
    The injury hurt and it hurt just as we have seen Bulaga struggling on the road, when he cannot get a good enough kick-step (first step for tackle pass blocking) to get in front of the onrushing DE/OLB. It hurt Sherrod doubly because the one thing he seemed to be able to do early was latch on to large men and not let them go. But even he had to catch them first. And in his rookie year, prior to his injury, he seemed like he could do this. He had good feet and great size.

But he was nowhere near a drive blocker, lacked functional lower body strength and didn't deliver much of a punch. I don't remember it pre-injury, but this year he seemed to play top heavy and tall. A dreaded waist bender they say.

So his measurables meant he should have been able to do it, but he already had several areas to work on when the injury seemed to rob him of the one thing he could do well. So to answer your question; both problems did him in.

They need to sign a tackle, even if an RT only type guy.
    Their roster has 3 guards, 3 centers and two tackles. Gerhart is a wasted roster spot with Tretter and Linsley healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Their roster has 3 guards, 3 centers and two tackles. Gerhart is a wasted roster spot with Tretter and Linsley healthy.
    Hope they can sign a vet from somewhere. Kind of late in the year to fool around with another undrafted FA.

Alas poor Sherry we knew him, a man of infinite talent.

Hope they can sign a vet from somewhere. Kind of late in the year to fool around with another undrafted FA.
    Use of the word 'era' is quite a stretch to be sure. Vet tackle? Well, McKinnie's floating around out there somewhere, isn't he? Ya, I don't see that happening.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Maybe we can pull ole Kenny Ruettgers out of the classroom in a pinch? It's only been 20 years...

Chad Clifton should be healed up by now.

Blog Entries
    Fluffy was, is and always has been terrible
    It's about time they free'd Fluffy
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    If one of the OT's gets hurt, Lang probably moves there. Not ideal, but he's played both positions in the past.