Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is Greg Jennings pouting?

Is Greg Jennings pouting?

From JSO question and answer session with Matt Vensel of the Star Tribune:

Q: It wasn't too long ago that Greg Jennings was catching passes on the Super Bowl stage. Now he's part of a rebuilding franchise. Is he frustrated? Embracing the process? Where's his head at right now?

Vensel: I would love to ask him for you, but he doesn’t make too many appearances in the locker room nowadays. Jennings has been quiet both on and off the field, and any leadership he is providing behind closed doors isn’t enough to compensate for his lack of production as a wide receiver. I thought he might click with Teddy Bridgewater, being the team’s one veteran receiver and all, but too often he has disappeared. It will be interesting to see if the Vikings decided to cut ties with him after the season or if they pay for one more year.
    http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/283519311.html

Greg Jennings knows he messed up. While he would not be an elite receiver at this point with Green Bay, he would still be relevant simply because of Aaron Rodgers. Now, Jennings' career is pretty much over...unless he can catch a bargain deal with another tier 1 QB if the Vikings dump him. I hope the super duper incredible wondercolor Twin Cities educational opportunities for his young children were worth throwing away 3+ years of his professional career. My guess is that he would be far happier in Green Bay...and his kids probably wouldn't be any less intelligent.

That is how a proud extrovert becomes sullen and quiet...they realize their bombast led them down the wrong trail this time.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    Greg Jennings knows he messed up. While he would not be an elite receiver at this point with Green Bay, he would still be relevant simply because of Aaron Rodgers. Now, Jennings' career is pretty much over...unless he can catch a bargain deal with another tier 1 QB if the Vikings dump him. I hope the super duper incredible wondercolor Twin Cities educational opportunities for his young children were worth throwing away 3+ years of his professional career. My guess is that he would be far happier in Green Bay...and his kids probably wouldn't be any less intelligent.

That is how a proud extrovert becomes sullen and quiet...they realize their bombast led them down the wrong trail this time.
    I don't feel the least bit sorry for him either. He wanted to the be The Man and get the big bucks. I hope being irrelevant these 3 years was worth it Greg.

To answer the question: yes.

But I would take him back in a heartbeat. Everyone screws up and gets mad about it. Makes them even more loyal when they get another quality shot. Probably doesn't work cap-wise, but if he did a good enough job bending Aaron's ear after that game in MN and Aaron wanted him, I'd even tolerate his sister's Tweets.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post

But I would take him back in a heartbeat. Everyone screws up and gets mad about it. Makes them even more loyal when they get another quality shot. Probably doesn't work cap-wise, but if he did a good enough job bending Aaron's ear after that game in MN and Aaron wanted him, I'd even tolerate his sister's Tweets.
    Agreed, man! We all get to live and learn a little. Thats being human. Knowledge without compassion is just knowledge. With compassion, its wisdom.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    BRING BLACK JENNINGS!!!!!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    BRING BLACK JENNINGS!!!!!
    +1. Guy won us a Superbowl. He's still got some gas in his tank.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Blog Entries
    Hoody offered him 2 Yr at 6MIL per year. At least with Rodgers and Brady he'd still be relevant.

After Minnesota cuts him he should take a dam humble pill and sign with a team who has a franchise QB so he can be a player again
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

He was entering the downside of his career when he went to the Vikings. There is no way in hell I want him back now. Not that I have to worry...he ain't coming back to Green Bay.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

no room for him here now. sorry greg.

What would he really offer the Packers? Is he better than Nelson, Cobb, or an ascending Adams? Would he be happy as the #4 WR on a team that doesn't run 4 WR sets much anymore? Doesn't look like a good fit to me.

Only way I could see Jennings coming back would be if Packers couldn't get a deal done with Cobb, which they will. Greg made his bed, now he can sleep in it.
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    What would he really offer the Packers? Is he better than Nelson, Cobb, or an ascending Adams? Would he be happy as the #4 WR on a team that doesn't run 4 WR sets much anymore? Doesn't look like a good fit to me.
    Routes deep into the middle of the defense.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Rat Starter
    I still remember vividly the amorous excitement a hot chick named Mazin displayed when Jennings was drafted. So I went back in time and tried to find the post Mazzin wrote in which she displayed her amorous excitement, but without avail. Instead I came upon this post by an infamous poster:

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Tank's Take On the Draft:

Rd Players
    1 Hawk LB
    Michael Huff was clearly the best defensive players in this draft; the Texas DB has no weakness at all. Hawk's coverage skill is a liability. I think Greenway is the more complete player because he has excellent coverage skill. Why did Thompson draft Hawk if he was not the best defensive player? Same reason why you would marry an ugly girl over a pretty girl. You love the ugly girl...

2 Jennings WR
    Two words: Chad Jackson. Two more words: fuck up. All Thompson got for trading Walker is this guy.
    Boy, was I wrong about Jennings. The guy's a great route runner, and great route runners usually last until their mid/late 30's. Jerry Rice, Derrick Mason, Donald Driver, Anquan Boldin are a few examples. Jennings belongs in that class.

I would welcome Jennings back with open arms...and amorous excitement.

Note: I included the thing about Hawk cos it's Vikings week and Greenway obviously has had a better career than Hawk.

Routes deep into the middle of the defense.
    Maybe, but I wonder if he has the same speed he had that we remember from 2006-2011.

Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Maybe, but I wonder if he has the same speed he had that we remember from 2006-2011.
    Jenning's fine and dandy. He just needs a good qb throwing him the rock.

He burned his bridges

Have fun NOT being remembered

he'll be remembered... just not fondly.

That ship has sailed.

Senior Rat Veteran TravisWilliams23's Avatar
    I'm too lazy to look it up myself but has his sister tweeted anything juicy/negative about the Minnesota qb's or did the big pay day satisfy her need to criticize the man throwing the rock to her brother?