Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
Brady is like every other QB and doesn't like to get hit. His lack of mobility could be an issue for NE on Sunday if we bring pressure.
As odd as this sounds, Datone Jones's continuing health problems could pose the biggest threat to this team's chances. He doesn't have a tone of sacks, but when healthy he pressures QB's pretty well. Brady is about as mobile as a desk top computer, which is to the Packers' advantage, but they need to get pressure with four coming. The Packer secondary is pretty good, but if Brady has time, well, they're screwed - any defensive backfield will be against Brady if he's got time.

If the Patriots play two-high safety on defense - and why wouldn't they, why wouldn't anyone? - this will force the Packers to use the ground game. Starks seems buried in the doghouse, so maybe this is the time to break out DuJuan Harris as a change-up to Lacey. I don't think the Patriots' defensive line is anything to write home about, so I believe the Packers, with patience, can have a productive offensive game, though I also think this depends on Rodgers/MM not getting impatient and trying to throw to Cobb/Nelson into the teeth of the two-deep shell.

To me, the front seven of the Packers is key to their defensive success, and patience on offense is key to the offensive success.

We shall see how they do.