Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Thread: Official Packers go Back to School Game Day Thread - Packers at Vikings Nov 23rd

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    Looks like the Browns might pull it out.....I gotta stock up on popcorn for the Manziel-Hoyer offseason.
    Lemme take a shot at it. Browns want Manziel to succeed, because he's more marketable. They let Hoyer go, he signs for 7-8M/year and they and get a 3 (or even 4th) round compensatory pick for him.

Manziel is anointed starter, is the second coming of Ryan Leaf, and get replaced by some poor sap of a 5th round draft pick the Brown get next year, who is in turn replaced by someone the Browns pry off the couch around week 10...let's go with Christian Ponder.

Have I got that about right?
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

They can't all be blowouts. Win is a win
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Same thing as the Philly game on defense....

If the opponent had a halfway proficient QB - they would have put up big, big numbers and dunderdummy and his dunderdummy defense.

Sanchez sucked against us and missed wide open receivers repeatedly - same thing with Bridgewater. Put that same defense up against Manning or Brady?? It would be ugly, ugly stuff, and you guys would be flipping out.

But since the substandard QB's present a mirage - you guys believe all is well. All is not well - dunderdummy is still dunderdummy, and always will be.
    What is Brady's completion rate when he is on his back foot because he can't follow through?

Because as bad as both Sanchez and Bridgerwater were, they had to move around to find space to throw and that hurt their accuracy. Its no accident that Bridgewater was throwing pop ups early in the game under pressure. Patriots O is not as good as its D. They should be able to pressure Brady, though he's good enough it will not matter as much.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Lemme take a shot at it. Browns want Manziel to succeed, because he's more marketable. They let Hoyer go, he signs for 7-8M/year and they and get a 3 (or even 4th) round compensatory pick for him.

Manziel is anointed starter, is the second coming of Ryan Leaf, and get replaced by some poor sap of a 5th round draft pick the Brown get next year, who is in turn replaced by someone the Browns pry off the couch around week 10...let's go with Christian Ponder.

The Factory of Sadness doesn't need pointers Guin.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I'm hearing more like 12M for Hoyer in the open market.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    What is Brady's completion rate when he is on his back foot because he can't follow through?

Because as bad as both Sanchez and Bridgerwater were, they had to move around to find space to throw and that hurt their accuracy. Its no accident that Bridgewater was throwing pop ups early in the game under pressure. Patriots O is not as good as its D. They should be able to pressure Brady, though he's good enough it will not matter as much.
    You surely haven't watched much Minnesota football then have you?? B/C throwing off his back foot and floating ducks out there is what Bridgewater does.

Dunderdummy has a track record against good QB's, and it is terrible; to wit, he has even admitted that he's afraid to challenge them, and would prefer to bleed to death slowly as opposed to getting killed with big strikes.

But that approach is a bunch of BS too, b/c he not only bleeds to death, he also allows the big plays - not to mention routinely abandons the middle of the field and gives up tons of rushing yardage.

Capers coaches scared against good QB's - it's who he is. I fully expect we're going to give up a ton of yds, and ton of points. The only question is whether we can keep pace on offense - but since the Patriots actually play a little defense, and don't have dunderdummy on their staff, I expect they'll get enough stops against us to put us in perpetual catch up mode the whole game.

41-31 Pats.
    wist

We had 14 at halftime, and it was a struggle to get there against a good defense - why is 27 for the game "silly"??

What's silly is that dunderdummy is still our DC after all these years of putrid coaching.

The Vikings have a terrible, terrible offense - yet they have receivers running wide open all over the field, and RB's are running untouched for 8 yds on 3rd and 2, on and on...

This game is what we can see on any given Sunday with Dunderdummy as our DC. He can't be trusted - ever.
    We get to find out how real the Packers 'D' is next week.

Belichick's Boys have it all going on right now on both sides of the ball....and forget about game planning for New England.

Mike McCarthy Vs Bill Belichick is simply a 'no contest' as I see it. Opposing teams just never know what he's going to throw out there at you.

The Packers best chance is to go all out offensively and just hope it will be enough.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

A leopard doesn't change his spots...

Dunderdummy is still dunderdummy, and MM will throw the challenge flag for no reason at all.

Other things that will never change: 1st down incomplete?? MM will run it into the line on 2nd down to ensure we have a 3rd and 8.

Watch this team long enough, and you know everything that's coming... very predictable.
    The Polar Opposite of what 'the Belichick and Brady Show' brings to Green Bay next week.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    I like that stadium. Its a bit small, but it doesnt have a fucking roof over it

Queens should have found a way to play there full time instead of burning tax payer money to build that "thing"
    You aren't fond of the queens' new greenhouse they'll be playing in?

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    Calm down people...this is a classic trap game. The Chiefs just had one on Thursday. The key is to just get the win and stay healthy. This isn't college...a win is a win.
    This all day long. It wasn't pretty but a win is a win, especially on the road to a divisional opponent.

Need Perry back as odd as that sounds.
    Yes, his absence was missed more than we thought it would be. Hopefully he'll be back next Sunday.

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    Tough win. But a win on the road against a divisional rival should never be scoffed at. I am a bit concerned about our defense against good QB's, which is what we will face in the playoffs. Sanchez and Bridgewater don't exactly scare anybody. Another test for the Packers this week and finally one against a real QB in Brady.

Rat Starter

Not really.

The Browns keep Hoyer and trade Johnny Football to the Houston Texans for a 1st round pick.

On September 20, 2015 against the Bengals, Manziel replaces an injured What's-His-Name and leads the Texans to victory in the clutch.

The rest is motherfucking history.

Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post

Belichick's Boys have it all going on right now on both sides of the ball....and forget about game planning for New England.

Mike McCarthy Vs Bill Belichick is simply a 'no contest' as I see it. Opposing teams just never know what he's going to throw out there at you.

The Packers best chance is to go all out offensively and just hope it will be enough.
    Well put, WB.

Based on this effort, I see no reason to be optimistic for January.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Based on this effort, I see no reason to be optimistic for January.
    Teams have down games. 49ers struggled to beat the Redskins. Cowboys struggled to beat the Giants. The really good teams sometimes find a way to win when they're not at their best.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post

F this. Stubby almost punked Belicheat in 2010 with Matt 'noodle arm' Flynn. Stubby is an under-appreciated offensive mind and leader of men. I hope the Packers win just to stick it to all the Belicheat scrotum lappers like you.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Stubby is an under-appreciated offensive mind and leader of men.

Brady is like every other QB and doesn't like to get hit. His lack of mobility could be an issue for NE on Sunday if we bring pressure.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    If we were on the road I'd expect to get blown out but at home both our lines play 10x better and we're really a different team. I have a feeling Rodgers wants this win bad. He's never beaten the Pats and Brady is his closest competition for the MVP this season.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.