Thread: Official Packers vs. Patriots Discussion Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Actually I am all for disguising a look pre-snap. Packers don't do a lot of that. Wist may be haunted by the 2-4, but I am haunted by Eli Manning saying its not like he had a tough time figuring out what the Packers were doing (Kurt Warner also said this) in coverage.

Hide it, show zone then run man. Show single high then retreat to two deep. Reverse it. Stand everyone is the same position every snap then have them run to assignment at the snap. Change all the uniform numbers. Maybe camouflage.
    I'd like to see them do the same thing on offense, not camouflage but a dose of misdirection, reverses, counter plays and the like. Rodgers simply reaching back and putting the ball in Lacy's belly is getting mighty old.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    I'd like to see them do the same thing on offense, not camouflage but a dose of misdirection, reverses, counter plays and the like. Rodgers simply reaching back and putting the ball in Lacy's belly is getting mighty old.
    They run the boot for that, so the DE/OLB can't cheat down the line like Matthews to tackle Lacy from behind.

But I did think I saw Cobb run one fly sweep earlier this year.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.