Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Packers vs. Patriots Discussion Thread

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    I saw where Revis was quoted as saying this NE secondary is the best he's ever played on. Does anyone know anything about what other secondary's he's played on and whether they were any good (other than him)?
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    I saw where Revis was quoted as saying this NE secondary is the best he's ever played on. Does anyone know anything about what other secondary's he's played on and whether they were any good (other than him)?
    Rodgers-Cromartie (I think) with the Jets. Then no one worth noting on the Bucs. Then NE. So it isn't really that big of a statement.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    Rodgers-Cromartie (I think) with the Jets. Then no one worth noting on the Bucs. Then NE. So it isn't really that big of a statement.
    That, and older players on winning teams are fond of saying "X is the best bunch of guys I've played with"
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    Not sure either D will fully slow down either O. Instant classic - 38-35 Pack
    I'm sure our D won't be able to slow them down - but our offense is very much containable. Against good defenses, Rodgers is reduced to dinking and dunking and we usually can't generate much of running game.

The Vikings just held us to 24 pts... if we score 24 against the Pats, we'll get blown out.
    wist

What's your prediction Wist?
    Go PACK

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201411...fo&tab=analyze

** The offensive and Defensive STAT's seem to lend an edge to New England with the exception and concern for our weakness on the run defense.

** Today the bookies have the game at Packers -3. Translation... the Packers at Lambeau Field.

** When I look at what NE did in Indy two weeks ago or a 42-20 Pat's win. Then factor in the similarity between Indy and Green Bay on both sides of the ball with one rather large exception. That the Packers 'D' is weak against the run (30th) 136.7 Yards/game; where Indy is ranked (17th) and allows an average of 110.7 Yards/game. New England's 'D' relinquished 108.2 yards/game (14th).

Add in my belief that Bill Belichick has the edge as a Head Coach over Mike McCarthy. That this may be need to win game for the Packers (if Detroit defeats Chicago on Thanksgiving Day) >>> Added pressure on Mike McCarthy. That MM may get over involved in the game rather that just allow the no huddle offense to function.

This all adds up to "a something stinks in Denmark" situation.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    Look at New England @ Indy two weeks ago.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

41-31 Pats

That could change depending on weather.

I expect dunderdummy to come out and be dunderdummy - if he comes out and plays scared like he usually does against elite QB's, I think that will be pretty close to the score.

If dunderdummy comes out and plays a 3-3, and mixes the looks he gives up front, plays Matthews in the middle, plays zone short, doubles Gronk to take him out of the game, and keeps Brad Jones out of the game - then I think we can win the game; but those are huge "IF's", and not likely to happen. We know what dunderdummy's track record is.

Dunderdummy is a wildcard from week to week. After the bye he came out and played it like he should, i.e. playing a lot of 3-3, more base, and more zone. Then the last couple of weeks he's reverting back to the mess he prefers - as I've always said, you can't trust the guy from week to week.

We have no identity on defense, and we never will as long as dunderdummy is our DC. Unfortunately what identity we do have is bad - very bad. Embarrassing playoff blowouts, record setting performances against us, etc...

It all depends on dunderdummy.
    wist

Is that a close 41-31? Or a 41-31 where the Packers score late to make it look respectable.

You talk as if the Packers have absolutely no chance at winning, so I'm surprised your score is as close as it is.
    Go PACK

I'm sure he is certain we're gonna get blown out.

Is that a close 41-31? Or a 41-31 where the Packers score late to make it look respectable.

You talk as if the Packers have absolutely no chance at winning, so I'm surprised your score is as close as it is.
    Yes, there is no chance we can score 31 against that juggernaut of the defense in NE.

Remember to make all the predictions official in the "Official Patriots vs. Packers Predictions Thread" so I can mock (or be mocked by) all you Patriots fans.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I'm sure he is certain we're gonna get blown out.
    If Capers plays the 2-4 the whole game, and plays scared?? Yeah, we will get blown out...

If he plays more 3-3, plays matchup zone underneath, and schemes to take Gronk away?? We have a chance...

Dunderdummy's track record is that he will play 2-4 and coach scared - hence, Brady will likely have a big day, Gronk will have a big day; and on offense we'll be stopped enough to give them the margin of victory.

This game is like just about every other game - it always comes down to dunderdummy.
    wist

I'm assuming a decent weather day... haven't looked at any forecasts. It's supposed to be cold here for a while, but I'm north of Green Bay.

Good weather?? 41-31.

Once we get a bead on the weather, I may have to rethink that... but a decent weather game is likely 41-31 Pats.

And yes, I"m assuming a late Packer TD to make it semi-respectable... I simply don't think Capers is any match for a good offense.
    wist

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 29m29 minutes ago
    Bostick limited, Bush DNP, Lang DNP, Perry DNP, Sitton limited. #Packers injury report.

Packer Report @PackerReport · 29m 29 minutes ago
    Perry is getting better, MM says. Went through rehab phase. See how he is tomorrow. Lang "further ahead" than in past.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 42m42 minutes ago
    Told Belichick said "both wear No. 12" when asked about Rodgers/Brady, McCarthy says, "I guess to add to it, they're both from California."

Packer Report @PackerReport · 28m 28 minutes ago
    MM on Brady: Excellent quarterback. Can stress defenses with command at line of scrimmage, cadence, tempo, awareness.

Packer Report @PackerReport · 28m 28 minutes ago
    MM on key to recovering from slow starts: One game at time. Learning from positive/negative moments.

Packer Report @PackerReport · 26m 26 minutes ago
    MM: There's real drama and made-up drama. Focus on real drama, which is playing Patriots.

Packer Report @PackerReport · 26m 26 minutes ago
    MM on his OL: Playing well. Finished game strong. Pass protection has been very good.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 45m45 minutes ago
    McCarthy on #Packers QB Aaron Rodgers: He's in a really good groove right now.

Packer Report @PackerReport · 25m 25 minutes ago
    MM on NE's corners: We're going to run our concepts.

Packer Report @PackerReport · 24m 24 minutes ago
    MM: Kraft and Belichick have set standard of sustained success. "At end of day, we're focused on" ninth victory.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

At Football Outsiders: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvo...2-dvoa-ratings

Packers O is 2nd, D is 12th, Special Teams are 15th

New Eng O is 4th, D is 10th, Special Teams are 3rd

Overall NE is 2nd and GB is 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post

Looking closer ... i.e. Individual performance:

QB ... Aaron Rodgers #2 and Tom Brady #4.

RB ... Eddie Lacy #11 and for NE no RB ranked in the Top 32.

WR ... Randall Cobb Ranked #1 and Jordy Nelson is Ranked #3.

WR ... NE's Brandon LaFell is Ranked #19. Julian Edelman is Ranked #41. Both are athletic and run good routes; LaFell is strong.

TE ... NE's Rob Gronkowski is Ranked #1. GB's Andrew Quarless is Ranked #17.

************************************************** **************************

The more oriented Team Components:

Offensive Line:

NE is Ranked #4 and Green Bay #14.

Defensive Line:

NE is Ranked #24 and Green Bay #27.

Offensive Drive Stat's:

Green Bay is Ranked #3 and NE #8.

Defensive Drive Stat's:

Yards/Drive ... NE is Ranked #17 and Pts/Drive @ #8.

Yards/Drive ... Green Bay is Ranked #29 and Pts/Drive #18.

Pace Stat's ie TOP:

NE is Ranked #3 and Green Bay #20.

SNAP Counts:

NE is Ranked #3 and Green Bay @ #20.

All that will matter come Sunday Game Day is who's the BEST TEAM on that day.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 11-26-2014 at 10:26 PM.

Blitz and make Brady uncomfortable. Even if it means giving up a big one. On offense go four wides and make them go "dime"

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post

Fire Slocum!

Seeing we have no chance with our shitty defense I say we should forfeit the game and wait for Atlanta so we can beat up on another lousy team instead.