Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Packers vs. Patriots Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    They are going to run until the Packers stop it. They will want to avoid the sub defense so they can pass effectively as well.
    Like dunderdummy has any intention whatsoever of covering anybody??

Whether we are in base, nickel, or dime... dunderdummy will let receivers run wide open all over the field - it's what he does.

Did you see that easy 16 yd pitch and catch from Bridgewater to Rudolph?? Dunderdummy was playing man on the WR's and zone underneath. Rudolph was given a free release and simply ran an out pattern to the space vacated by the WR who carried Shields with him downfield - the defender playing zone underneath stayed in his zone, and Rudolph caught the ball without a single Packer with 10 yds of him - that's the brilliance of dunderdummy.

That's Pop Warner stuff - yet dunderdummy does crap like that all the time.

------------------------------------------------------------------

The Pats won't afford us the same courtesy - they'll cover everyone short tight and make Rodgers hold the ball.

Talentwise - I think we can win this game; coaching on the other hand... we're way outclassed.
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    So what game plan are we thinking the Patriots are going to come with? Their game plans vary as much as any team in the league.

Are they going to go with the power run like they did against Indy? Or more of a spread it out and try to get it to Gronk on a LB?
    The answer to your question is yes.

They'll have their way with dunderdummy - complete mismatch in terms of coaching.

I wish I owned every Patriot in fanstasy this week.
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Did you see that easy 16 yd pitch and catch from Bridgewater to Rudolph?? Dunderdummy was playing man on the WR's and zone underneath. Rudolph was given a free release and simply ran an out pattern to the space vacated by the WR who carried Shields with him downfield - the defender playing zone underneath stayed in his zone, and Rudolph caught the ball without a single Packer with 10 yds of him - that's the brilliance of dunderdummy.
    Are you talking about the first play of the game where Rudolph ran an out to the left? That was man across the board. Hawk's coverage was awful though, which explains why Capers went to Jones.
    Go PACK

Are you talking about the first play of the game where Rudolph ran an out to the left? That was man across the board. Hawk's coverage was awful though, which explains why Capers went to Jones.
    No, it was late in the game... you could see the WR run the clear out, and nobody was assigned to cover outside the hash. Rudolph could have pitched a tent and put up neon signs, and no Packer was going to give him a second thought b/c dunderdummy didn't account for that patch of turf at all.

The mess at ILB is almost entirely on TT, although I'm sure dunderdummy and MM signed off and said we were okay there. Still, dunderdummy does so many things that are unsound, that it compounds the mess we have at ILB.
    wist

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I would be totally fine if I never saw Hawk or Jones on the field again - except maybe at alumni day.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

No, it was late in the game... you could see the WR run the clear out, and nobody was assigned to cover outside the hash. Rudolph could have pitched a tent and put up neon signs, and no Packer was going to give him a second thought b/c dunderdummy didn't account for that patch of turf at all.
    So not a broken coverage. Not a player error. He leaves zones in his zone defense unoccupied? This is your contention?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    So not a broken coverage. Not a player error. He leaves zones in his zone defense unoccupied? This is your contention?
    It's a Packer Horror Story! Starring Anthony Michael Hall as AJ Hawk (pretty apt casting, I'd say)

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

The mess at ILB is almost entirely on TT, although I'm sure dunderdummy and MM signed off and said we were okay there. Still, dunderdummy does so many things that are unsound, that it compounds the mess we have at ILB.
    I read a lot of McGinn's stuff and one thing he has bee harping on all year is that the Packers were going to take Shazier or Mosley if they were available. I know he writes some dumb articles but he is normally pretty well connected with the draft. I obviously can't prove it, but my sense from him is that the Packers favored those players over HHCD.
    Go PACK

I read a lot of McGinn's stuff and one thing he has bee harping on all year is that the Packers were going to take Shazier or Mosley if they were available. I know he writes some dumb articles but he is normally pretty well connected with the draft. I obviously can't prove it, but my sense from him is that the Packers favored those players over HHCD.
    Well that's where signing a stop-gap vet to fill a hole would serve the organization well... signing Peppers was a shot in the arm, but we are still impossibly feeble up the middle. We are literally dead at ILB - makes it tough to contend for a title when you have such a huge and glaring weakness right in the middle of your defense.

If one of those LB's were there at our pick, and we didn't fill the S spot - then go out and find a veteran S near the end of his career, but still has a little tread left on the tires, and let's make a run at a title; same thing would apply since we got the S - go out and get a competent ILB. Ted simply doesn't think that way.

If we had a half-ass competent DC, we might-could cover up for some of that mess in the middle, but he actually exacerbates it by scheming to ensure that those guys are on the field 24/7 - it's a huge problem that could be schemed around to some extent, but of course dunderdummy doesn't scheme around it, he schemes right into it, and the results are obviously very dismal.
    wist

Blog Entries
    If you are Hoody Genius don't you stick Revis on Jordy all day long. Cobb still doesn't naturally get open. Adams will be important this game. If Revis shadows Nelson this might be a game where we REALLY miss having a TE who is worth a shit.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I am inexplicably confident about this game. I fully expect a win for the Packers.

I might need to start watching replays of that 2010 game and jab myself with a coat hanger, Colonel Flagg style, after every positive Packer moment to regain some perspective.
    I somehow get to see the New England Patriots play a lot.

This could be a real dog fight or the Pat's might blow us out. The Packers have to be really up for this home game on both sides of the ball.

Aaron Rodgers doesn't take a back seat to Tom Brady in the friendly confines of Lambeau Field. Yet Aaron Rodgers has to challenge Darrell Revis (recall the Seahawks and R. Sherman?) and have confidence in whatever WR is covered by him (Jordy Nelson).

A key to a win is for the Packer pass rush to be effective to win the battle of the clock and rest our 'D'. The defense cannot allow Tom Brady to get into any rhythm. If that's the case we'll be forced to win in a shoot out.

WR's Brandon LaFell, Julian Edelman and Danny Amendola and watch out for Tim Wright are very solid. Julian Edelman can be scary. All of their WR's are quick and elusive.

We are in a certain disadvantage at the TE position. Whoever has to cover Gronk has to work his tail off.

I give our rushing game a slight edge as long as Eddie Lacy is good to go.

The New England 'D' is solid all over. I give their 'D' the edge.

I'll add this:

Rodgers: Packers-Patriots Isn't Me Against Tom Brady

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=119...espnapi_public
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 11-26-2014 at 12:20 AM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

They took another lead late against Denver in Denver. I think they qualify as good. At least they are now.
    Miami is a decent team with a 6-5 record.

What defines a team as good to a great extent relies on the quality of that teams QB.

Ryan Tannehill has had four games this season with a QBR > 80. He's also had four games with a QBR < 30.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    This should be a real dog fight but in the end our Packers will celebrate victory.
    this sounds like a fortune cookie

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    If you are Hoody Genius don't you stick Revis on Jordy all day long. Cobb still doesn't naturally get open. Adams will be important this game. If Revis shadows Nelson this might be a game where we REALLY miss having a TE who is worth a shit.
    Let them single cover JN....they will pay.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    this sounds like a fortune cookie
    I substituted a short editorial for the fortune cookie.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    He ha been putting Revis on the 2nd best receiver and leaving him on an island. Than he doubles the best guy. You might single up Cobb at the risk of your own sanity if you don't get pressure and Cobb shakes free late.

The argument I see against that is in single coverage, Nelson is going to get a step deep and Rodgers will throw the ball. Do you want to take that risk? On the road my guess is they do not.
    Last edited by pbmax; 11-26-2014 at 08:45 AM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

He ha been putting Revis on the 2nd best receiver and leaving him on an island. Than he doubles the best guy. You might single up Cobb at the risk of your own sanity if you don't get pressure and Cobb shakes free late.

The argument I see against that is in single coverage, Nelson is going to get a step deep and Rodgers will throw the ball. Do you want to take that risk? O the road my guess is they do not.
    Agree. Revis is still a very good CB but no longer the "shutdown the other team's #1 guy" CB
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 2m2 minutes ago
    Asked belichick about Rodgers and Brady. Said they like to think they are good golfers
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

The argument I see against that is in single coverage, Nelson is going to get a step deep and Rodgers will throw the ball. Do you want to take that risk? On the road my guess is they do not.
    I think he will put Revis on Cobb and then have Browner press Nelson with safety help over the top. Browner can play on the LOS but once a WR gets a step on him it's over.
    Go PACK

Blog Entries
    Not sure either D will fully slow down either O. Instant classic - 38-35 Pack