Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
I read a lot of McGinn's stuff and one thing he has bee harping on all year is that the Packers were going to take Shazier or Mosley if they were available. I know he writes some dumb articles but he is normally pretty well connected with the draft. I obviously can't prove it, but my sense from him is that the Packers favored those players over HHCD.
Well that's where signing a stop-gap vet to fill a hole would serve the organization well... signing Peppers was a shot in the arm, but we are still impossibly feeble up the middle. We are literally dead at ILB - makes it tough to contend for a title when you have such a huge and glaring weakness right in the middle of your defense.

If one of those LB's were there at our pick, and we didn't fill the S spot - then go out and find a veteran S near the end of his career, but still has a little tread left on the tires, and let's make a run at a title; same thing would apply since we got the S - go out and get a competent ILB. Ted simply doesn't think that way.

If we had a half-ass competent DC, we might-could cover up for some of that mess in the middle, but he actually exacerbates it by scheming to ensure that those guys are on the field 24/7 - it's a huge problem that could be schemed around to some extent, but of course dunderdummy doesn't scheme around it, he schemes right into it, and the results are obviously very dismal.