Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Official Packers vs. Patriots Discussion Thread

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    I don't know what your point is... I don't think even the most homey homers on here would argue that our OL is anywhere in the same league as the Cowboys.
    obviously people are comparing the performances of GB and Dallas O-line versus Philly's D. The thing is, it isn;t just the lines of course, it's the lines plus the QB*. And Rodgers is so vastly superior to Romo that he will make a line look better. (I didn't get a chance to see the Dallas game, so I don't know how bad the line versus Romo played in that game)

*and RBs, but that's probably a wash or slight advantage to Lacy.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    obviously people are comparing the performances of GB and Dallas O-line versus Philly's D. The thing is, it isn;t just the lines of course, it's the lines plus the QB*. And Rodgers is so vastly superior to Romo that he will make a line look better. (I didn't get a chance to see the Dallas game, so I don't know how bad the line versus Romo played in that game)

*and RBs, but that's probably a wash or slight advantage to Lacy.
    Tony Romo was totally put off his rhythm by Philly's 'D'.

4 SACKS and 1 FF and 2 Picks . That game was all Eagles and in the first half the Boys defense was gassed by the pace of the Eagles offense. That exhaustion was spared 'worse' in the second half due to a long spectacular at the half.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Now this year he is finally be used with his hand in the dirt, and all of a sudden he's showing flashes of being player?? Go figure...
    \.
    Yes. We should definitely ignore the entire Chcago game.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Good news... Perry was a participant in today's practice that did not actually exist:

http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-pa...houlder-injury
    Huh. Packers don't usually play games with injury info (which makes Hawks' performance even more enigmatic). I wonder if he indeed is ready to practice tomorrow.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

They [Dallas] can run the ball - they do run the ball; and we [Packers] cannot. The only way we can run the ball is by using the pass to set up the run... the Cowboys are good enough that they don't have to do that, they can simply line up and run it down your throat more often than not... they just had a bad game yesterday.
    Using these assumptions, please explain the end of the Vikings game please. Specifically, the last 3:32.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Using these assumptions, please explain the end of the Vikings game please. Specifically, the last 3:32.
    Years of ineptitude is trumped by 5 good runs, lol...

You guys are such a hoot
    wist

Yes. We should definitely ignore the entire Chcago game.
    So let me get this straight... you'd rather give up 150+ yds/game on the ground, and leave receivers running unmolested and uncovered all over the field?? To stick to your (and dunderdummy's) beloved 2-4, you'd rather have that, than put a 3-3 on the field like we had against Chicago??

I'm beginning to think that you are dunderdummy's 'mini-me'.
    wist

So let me get this straight... you'd rather give up 150+ yds/game on the ground, and leave receivers running unmolested and uncovered all over the field?? To stick to your (and dunderdummy's) beloved 2-4, you'd rather have that, than put a 3-3 on the field like we had against Chicago??

I'm beginning to think that you are dunderdummy's 'mini-me'.
    Keep up. Second Chicago game, Perry at OLB in 2-4. Bears went 24-55 in run game.

Tyler Dunne @TyDunne · 9h 9 hours ago
    Injuries: Nick Perry questionable
    Davante Adams probable
    Jarrett Bush quest
    T.J. Lang probable
    Josh Sitton prob
    Brandon Bostick probable

http://www.packers.com/news-and-even...n=email_141128

Packers defense geared up for more than just Gronkowski

Posted Nov 27, 2014

Mike Spofford ... packers.com senior writer

** “When it’s all said and done, it’s not just about Gronkowski,” cornerback Tramon Williams said. “He imposes his will on defenses, but Tom spreads the ball around. He gets the ball to his backs, to his receivers, everybody. So you can’t just pinpoint one guy. Certain guys make bigger plays, but you can’t pinpoint one guy.”

** “The biggest thing with a guy like him is you have to find a way to get him down once he catches the ball,” linebacker A.J. Hawk said. “His yards after catch, I don’t know what the stats might be on him, but he breaks a lot of tackles and gets downfield, and their team gets energized when he does that.”

** So, is it tougher to cover Gronkowski or tackle him?

“I can’t even answer that for you,” Hyde said. “You can see on tape he breaks a lot of tackles. Guys have trouble getting him down. But at the same time, guys are trying to limit his touches and he’s still catching the ball. I’ll have to answer that after the game on Sunday.”

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/pl...ualified/false

NFL Player Receiving Statistics - 2014

Note see YAC for Packers Vs Pats.

GO PACK GO !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

I don't know what your point is... I don't think even the most homey homers on here would argue that our OL is anywhere in the same league as the Cowboys.

They can run the ball - they do run the ball; and we cannot. The only way we can run the ball is by using the pass to set up the run... the Cowboys are good enough that they don't have to do that, they can simply line up and run it down your throat more often than not... they just had a bad game yesterday.

Our OL is there to pass block... anything that gets accomplished in the running game is an afterthought. They're not knee-benders at all, there's no pulling or trapping - we have 3 running plays, and that's it.

If we had Dallas's OL, and the Vikings defense?? We'd be in business
    Dallas' line is very good at run blocking but I don't think they are a hell of lot better than us at pass blocking. I'd also like to have a defense that is much better than the queens'.

I don't think Capers is going to try to trick Brady. That would be a waste of time. What would really help is to have all hands on deck and play sound fundamental football. Tackle well and try to get turnovers. IMO the team that wins tomorrow is the one who wins the turnover battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I don't think Capers is going to try to trick Brady. That would be a waste of time. What would really help is to have all hands on deck and play sound fundamental football. Tackle well and try to get turnovers. IMO the team that wins tomorrow is the one who wins the turnover battle.
    Actually I am all for disguising a look pre-snap. Packers don't do a lot of that. Wist may be haunted by the 2-4, but I am haunted by Eli Manning saying its not like he had a tough time figuring out what the Packers were doing (Kurt Warner also said this) in coverage.

Hide it, show zone then run man. Show single high then retreat to two deep. Reverse it. Stand everyone is the same position every snap then have them run to assignment at the snap. Change all the uniform numbers. Maybe camouflage.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Actually I am all for disguising a look pre-snap. Packers don't do a lot of that. Wist may be haunted by the 2-4, but I am haunted by Eli Manning saying its not like he had a tough time figuring out what the Packers were doing (Kurt Warner also said this) in coverage.

Hide it, show zone then run man. Show single high then retreat to two deep. Reverse it. Stand everyone is the same position every snap then have them run to assignment at the snap. Change all the uniform numbers. Maybe camouflage.
    I'd like to see them do the same thing on offense, not camouflage but a dose of misdirection, reverses, counter plays and the like. Rodgers simply reaching back and putting the ball in Lacy's belly is getting mighty old.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    I'd like to see them do the same thing on offense, not camouflage but a dose of misdirection, reverses, counter plays and the like. Rodgers simply reaching back and putting the ball in Lacy's belly is getting mighty old.
    They run the boot for that, so the DE/OLB can't cheat down the line like Matthews to tackle Lacy from behind.

But I did think I saw Cobb run one fly sweep earlier this year.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    The "boot?"
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Years of ineptitude is trumped by 5 good runs, lol...

You guys are such a hoot
    Here's your exact quote, Wist:

"The only way we can run the ball is by using the pass to set up the run..."

Notice your word choice: the "only" way. You didn't say, except sometimes they do it. You said "only," and when someone calls you on it, you excuse it as the exception and fall back on your usual namecalling - we're all "homers."

So if you don't mean "only," then don't choose that word.

You argue, over and over again, that you are spot-on correct in your analysis. Any evidence counter to your ideas you excuse as irrelevant, or so occasional as to not count, or sheer luck. Like your infamous claim that the whole 2010 SB run was luck.

So you're always right because you dismiss anything that doesn't fit your pre-conceived notions.

And you talk about other people being unrealistic.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Keep up. Second Chicago game, Perry at OLB in 2-4. Bears went 24-55 in run game.
    I like Wist a lot, but this obsession with 2-4 is over the top. I got tired of this and left. I have analysis somewhere of several more games showing Capers adjusts the 2-4 to essentially a 3-3 for run heavy teams, and runs the 2-4 primarily on (predicted) passing downs (last year). Chicago obviously can do both, so Capers went with a 2-4 that included Perry.

I think that Capers took the new pass interference rules to heart and that the 2-4 this year was an acknowledgement that team were going to be pass-happy. results have been mixed. Obviously Seattle is getting away with a lot of contact and in the playoffs, like last year against SF, the refs are gonna swallow their whistles.

Unfortunately for the Packers, Capers' schemes do require the flexibility of a lot of specialized players, and if guys get hurt, he becomes limited very quickly. It's not like injuries don't hurt other teams (see SF for example), it's just missing a guy here or there can totally kill Dom's schemes (See at Saints, for example).
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Here's your exact quote, Wist:

"The only way we can run the ball is by using the pass to set up the run..."

Notice your word choice: the "only" way. You didn't say, except sometimes they do it. You said "only," and when someone calls you on it, you excuse it as the exception and fall back on your usual namecalling - we're all "homers."

So if you don't mean "only," then don't choose that word.

You argue, over and over again, that you are spot-on correct in your analysis. Any evidence counter to your ideas you excuse as irrelevant, or so occasional as to not count, or sheer luck. Like your infamous claim that the whole 2010 SB run was luck.

So you're always right because you dismiss anything that doesn't fit your pre-conceived notions.

And you talk about other people being unrealistic.
    Like I said... years of ineptitude is erased with 1 instance in which they ran for a 1st down - and this is what you guys hang your hat on??

In a court of law circumstantial evidence can be dismissed if it is thread bare and does not amount to weight. The weight in this case however, is on my side of the argument - it is you guys who are in denial.

In terms of running the ball, we can't consistently do it b/c of philosophical reasons; and in terms of stopping the run, the same is true. When the coaching staffs on either side of the ball get their heads of out their asses, i.e. MM incorporates some power running plays, and dunderdummy gets away from his beloved 2-4 and actually schemes an effort to hold down the LOS - then we can at least be average on both sides of the ball; but that doesn't happen very often, does it??

It is you guys who are trying to defend the blind squirrel.
    wist