Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Packers vs. Patriots Discussion Thread

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Seeing we have no chance with our shitty defense I say we should forfeit the game and wait for Atlanta so we can beat up on another lousy team instead.
    and if we do beat NE lets give Dom all of the credit in the world for finding a way to stop an offense which should score an infinite amount of points on us. It's not like he hasn't made any adjustments that have been great for the team after the bye.....has he ??? I think he's a very average defensive coordinator. It's not like he's Vanilla Bob.

It would be an interesting poll to see if most in here view Dom as

Domgenius
    Domderdummy
    Or just an average DC in here.

POLLMAKERS..................can you set this puppy up ?????????????????//
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Fire Slocum!
    I think that's actually the second best mark in his career.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    and if we do beat NE lets give Dom all of the credit in the world for finding a way to stop an offense which should score an infinite amount of points on us. It's not like he hasn't made any adjustments that have been great for the team after the bye.....has he ??? I think he's a very average defensive coordinator. It's not like he's Vanilla Bob.

It would be an interesting poll to see if most in here view Dom as

Domgenius
    Domderdummy
    Or just an average DC in here.

POLLMAKERS..................can you set this puppy up ?????????????????//
    You are a pollmaker.

Pollster, heal thyself.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Just a thought on defending the Pats : I assume the Pack will be in a lot of nickel & dime for this game - and Gronkowski seems to be the key. Therefore, I would put a lot of responsibility on Williams & Shields - along with Ha Ha & either Hayward or Burnett- to handle the outside receivers & slot. I'd line up Hyde directly across from Gronk on the line of scrimmage with instructions to bump him right away, then peel back. I would station Burnett or Hayward 3 yards behind Hyde at the snap. His job would be to re-bump Gronk, still within the magic 5 yards. Hyde would now be right back in the area for coverage.
    If the D Line can generate any kind of pressure, Brady then must rely on options other than Gronk - which would work more to the Pack's favor.
    And yes - if we can't stop the run - or cover the other receivers - all will be for naught.
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

Interested to see what Blount brings - if he can stay out of Bellicheck's doghouse that long.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Perry and Bush still out. Only Saturday practice left to prove their available. Davante Adams hurt his heel in practice but continued to go.

Sitton and Lang have both practiced. By process of elimination, Bostick has practiced.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...1.html#packers

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Looking closer ... i.e. Individual performance:

QB ... Aaron Rodgers #2 and Tom Brady #4.

RB ... Eddie Lacy #11 and for NE no RB ranked in the Top 32.

WR ... Randall Cobb Ranked #1 and Jordy Nelson is Ranked #3.

WR ... NE's Brandon LaFell is Ranked #19. Julian Edelman is Ranked #41. Both are athletic and run good routes; LaFell is strong.

TE ... NE's Rob Gronkowski is Ranked #1. GB's Andrew Quarless is Ranked #17.

************************************************** **************************

The more oriented Team Components:

Offensive Line:

NE is Ranked #4 and Green Bay #14.

Defensive Line:

NE is Ranked #24 and Green Bay #27.

Offensive Drive Stat's:

Green Bay is Ranked #3 and NE #8.

Defensive Drive Stat's:

Yards/Drive ... NE is Ranked #17 and Pts/Drive @ #8.

Yards/Drive ... Green Bay is Ranked #29 and Pts/Drive #18.

Pace Stat's ie TOP:

NE is Ranked #3 and Green Bay #20.

SNAP Counts:

NE is Ranked #3 and Green Bay @ #20.

All that will matter come Sunday Game Day is who's the BEST TEAM on that day.

These guys have to come up big:

We need to establish the run to set up the passing game. We need to win this matchup:

GO PACKERS ! GO PACK GO !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Does it make anyone feel better about the Packers because the Packers O line is apparently several steps better (even when injured) that the Dallas Cowboys O line?

Because it should.

Normally being better than Dallas is no great shakes. But everyone who was anyone thought their O line was noteworthy. And the Eagles just abused it.

Two weeks after the Packers ate their lunch. Eagles were away for both games.
    Last edited by pbmax; 11-28-2014 at 09:41 AM.

I don't know what was up with the Dallas line in that game. I feel like that is more of the outlier than the norm, so don't get too excited.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Does it make anyone feel better about the Packers because the Packers O line is apparently several steps better (even when injured) that the Dallas Cowboys O line?

Because it should.

Normally being better than Dallas is no great shakes. But everyone who was anyone thought their O line was noteworthy. And the Eagles just abused it.

Two weeks after the Packers ate their lunch. Eagles were away for both games.
    Ultimately, it's in the trenches. Just look at what's happened to SF without a great O-line and loss of players in their defensive front 7.

As bizarre as it might seem for the haters, Packers desperately need Perry back and healthy.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Ultimately, it's in the trenches.
    Yep, blocking and tackling. Blocking and tackling.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    I don't know what was up with the Dallas line in that game. I feel like that is more of the outlier than the norm, so don't get too excited.
    I agree... the Cowboys OL just had a bad game. There is no comparison between the Dallas OL and ours... they are lightyears better.
    wist

Ultimately, it's in the trenches. Just look at what's happened to SF without a great O-line and loss of players in their defensive front 7.

As bizarre as it might seem for the haters, Packers desperately need Perry back and healthy.
    I've always thought Perry could be a player - his problem has been in how he's been used since he's been here, i.e. dunderdummy.

Now this year he is finally be used with his hand in the dirt, and all of a sudden he's showing flashes of being player?? Go figure...

If Perry does indeed miss this game, I think that will probably seal our fate. If Perry is out, dunderdummy will almost certainly run very little or no 3-3, and will be thrilled to run 2-4 the whole game. Brady will devour the 2-4, and dunderdummy will be thrilled to hold the Patriots to gains of 15 yds/play.

Dunderdummy has stated openly how much of a pussy he is, i.e. that elite QB's must not be challenged in any way. He will be content to sit back and let Brady pick us apart all day long... we've seen this movie many times.
    wist

Yes, it is no coincidence that our D improved with Perry as an OLB and Clay inside.

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    I agree... the Cowboys OL just had a bad game. There is no comparison between the Dallas OL and ours... they are lightyears better.
    Really???

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...alse&Submit=Go

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...alse&Submit=Go

Green Bay's interior OL is up there in the top 5 this year. That trio is jellin'. The main problem is speed around the edges on the road.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Good news... Perry was a participant in today's practice that did not actually exist:

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- It was an only an estimation because the Green Bay Packers don't actually practice on Fridays anymore, but for the first time since outside linebacker Nick Perry injured his shoulder Nov. 16, he was listed as a participant in practice.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-pa...houlder-injury
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Green Bay's interior OL is up there in the top 5 this year. That trio is jellin'. The main problem is speed around the edges on the road.
    the injuries to Sitton and Lang have hurt the run game, but they've been pretty good in pass pro.

Bacteria has improved over the season; Bulaga is far more solid than #67, but I agree with your assessment of the tackles against speed.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I don't know what your point is... I don't think even the most homey homers on here would argue that our OL is anywhere in the same league as the Cowboys.

They can run the ball - they do run the ball; and we cannot. The only way we can run the ball is by using the pass to set up the run... the Cowboys are good enough that they don't have to do that, they can simply line up and run it down your throat more often than not... they just had a bad game yesterday.

Our OL is there to pass block... anything that gets accomplished in the running game is an afterthought. They're not knee-benders at all, there's no pulling or trapping - we have 3 running plays, and that's it.

If we had Dallas's OL, and the Vikings defense?? We'd be in business
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Good news... Perry was a participant in today's practice that did not actually exist:

http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-pa...houlder-injury
    The gameplan has already been installed, so I'm assuming that since Perry was questionable, dunderdummy just went ahead and planned on a ton of 2-4. I hope it aint so, and I hope Perry plays, and I hope dunderdummy plays a lot of 3-3, but let's face it... we're talking about dunder "Mr. 2-4" dummy.
    wist