Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Packers vs. Patriots Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Brady will throw for at least 5 TD's against Capers.

I looked at an early line that had us favored by 3, but I don't buy that at all - NE is very well coached, and we have the eternal liability that is dunderdummy... I'll be shocked if we win this game.
    We know. You always are.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Hawk looks to me like a guy who has really lost a step this year. And he's a guy who couldn't afford to lose a step. I'm sure they'll have a plan for shadowing Gronk, and I don't think Hawk will be a major part of the plan. Probably some combination of Hyde, Ha-Ha and House.
    " Probably some combination of Hyde, Ha-Ha and House "

Nope .... that won't work because there's not enough letters in those names to spell the word ... HELP !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Michael Huff

vegas says Packers are 3 point favorites. if anything i'd say ne were the favorite by at least that.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Revis on Cobb, double team Nelson. Packers better be comfortable throwing elsewhere. Rodgers and Adams need to get their rocky relationship figured out. I'd suggest some couples therapy with Dr. John Holmes, MD, PhD. Some trust exercises should be employed.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I looked at an early line that had us favored by 3, but I don't buy that at all - NE is very well coached, and we have the eternal liability that is dunderdummy... I'll be shocked if we win this game.
    And if the Packers do win, you will point out that it's because the other team didn't play very well.

As Steven Tyler sang, it's the same old story, same old song and dance.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    And if the Packers do win, you will point out that it's because the other team didn't play very well.

If the Packers come out on top it will be because NE lost the game and the Packers didn't win it. It's pathetic.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post

how many times did you listen to that song?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    If the Packers come out on top it will be because NE lost the game and the Packers didn't win it. It's pathetic.
    IT would be nice, for a change, if the Packers actually won a game instead of the other team losing it.

Enough to know some of the lines and sing "La-la-la-la" for the ones I was too drunk or high to understand. Or maybe Steven Tyler was too drunk or high to enunciate clearly. Or maybe both.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Last time the Packers played the Pats in Lambeau it was a freezing day in 2006. The Pats won 35-0. Favre got knocked out of the game and ARod broke his foot. It was my first Packers game at Lambeau field.

But in 2006 Favre had a 72.7 QB rating for the year and had 18 TDs verses 18 INTs. 2014 will be completely different with ARod who prizes not turning the ball over and has a QB rating of 120+.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Yeah

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    IT would be nice, for a change, if the Packers actually won a game instead of the other team losing it.
    Not going to happen.

It's nice to see the doom-and-gloomers show up for a week when the (potentially) best team in the league is coming to town and the probability of a loss is up.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Not going to happen.

It's nice to see the doom-and-gloomers show up for a week when the (potentially) best team in the league is coming to town and the probability of a loss is up.
    On the other hand, its nice to be surrendered to eight times in a season. Maybe Bill and Tom will be feeling generous.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

FWIW, Pats have beaten the division leaders of the AFC North, West, and East, and the Lions. 3 of those were at home. They beat Indy in Indy.

They barely beat the Jets in Foxboro, 27-25.

Their 2 losses were on the road to >.500 teams. They lost to Miami in Miami and KC in KC.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    FWIW, Pats have beaten the division leaders of the AFC North, West, and East, and the Lions. 3 of those were at home. They beat Indy in Indy.

They barely beat the Jets in Foxboro, 27-25.

Their 2 losses were on the road to >.500 teams. They lost to Miami in Miami and KC in KC.
    I'm excited for this game. It's a potential signature game for the Packers, and it's at home and not in the pesky primetime slot.

I am inexplicably confident about this game. I fully expect a win for the Packers.

I might need to start watching replays of that 2010 game and jab myself with a coat hanger, Colonel Flagg style, after every positive Packer moment to regain some perspective.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    On the other hand, its nice to be surrendered to eight times in a season. Maybe Bill and Tom will be feeling generous.
    I hope teams keep letting us win all the way to the Lombardi trophy.
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I am inexplicably confident about this game. I fully expect a win for the Packers.

I might need to start watching replays of that 2010 game and jab myself with a coat hanger, Colonel Flagg style, after every positive Packer moment to regain some perspective.
    I'd prefer you break your arm in the x-ray machine.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I'd prefer you break your arm in the x-ray machine.
    Might need both.

"The 'wind' has broken his leg."