Thread: Official Packers vs. Patriots Discussion Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    I'm saying that alignment is a 3-3, max is saying it is a 2-4...

He is trying to play a sophistry game by saying that a down linemen is not a defensive linemen. In terms of a 3-3 or a 2-4?? The definition is how many linemen you have, and how many LB's you have.

You guys can try to spin it all you want, but 3 down linemen, lined up inside the tackles, and 3 LB's standing up, 2 outside and 1 inside - that is by definition a 3-3.
    I am giving you that the Bear front* is a 3-3. To describe it as a 2-4 causes more confusion than clarity. But that doesn't transform Perry, body-wise, into a DT.

We have forgotten a small point about your call for the 3-3. You wanted more size to defense the middle of the field. You wanted to take Jones or Hawk off the field for a DB and leave three lineman.

So Capers, in this formation, run for 15 snaps versus 1 team, gave you half of what you want. A formation of 3-3. But he did it by subtracting a lineman for the DB and lining up an OLB at DT. That is a plus of 1 inch and 10 pounds over Jones.

* actual Bear front needs another backer on the LOS, but three lineman over the G-C-G is one of the defining characteristics.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I am giving you that the Bear front* is a 3-3. To describe it as a 2-4 causes more confusion than clarity. But that doesn't transform Perry, body-wise, into a DT.

We have forgotten a small point about your call for the 3-3. You wanted more size to defense the middle of the field. You wanted to take Jones or Hawk off the field for a DB and leave three lineman.

So Capers, in this formation, run for 15 snaps versus 1 team, gave you half of what you want. A formation of 3-3. But he did it by subtracting a lineman for the DB and lining up an OLB at DT. That is a plus of 1 inch and 10 pounds over Jones.

* actual Bear front needs another backer on the LOS, but three lineman over the G-C-G is one of the defining characteristics.
    This is why I don't get into it with Wist anymore.

Earlier this year, I was trying to argue that our 2-4 was really more of a 4-2 when you had Perry and Peppers as the OLBs in the formation. He would have nothing to do with that even with Peppers playing DE in a 4-3 for his whole career. Peppers in a two point stance in the exact same spot as where he was is a 3 point stance the year before didn't count.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston