Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Official Packers vs. Patriots Discussion Thread

What's going to be the key for a Packer win in this huge game looking forward to the teams seeding spot in the playoffs?

It must be emphasized that this win today is necessary for the Green Bay Packers to have a real shot at the Super Bowl.

We have discussed their secondary and coverage of Nelson and Cobb and assuming that Revis and Browner get that done what's left?

Our other guys are Lacy (solid in the passing game), WR's Adams, Boykin. Janis and TE's Quarless and Richard Rodgers.

I'm looking for decent pass protection and time for Aaron Rodgers to execute the short pass and yards after the catch. I'm looking for Aaron Rodgers to check down to his secondary targets as a key to victory. I'm looking for a huge game for Eddie Lacy to contribute to that result as well.

Their passing game threat is formidable with WR's Brandon Lafell (strong/fast), Julian Edelman (fast/elusive), Danny Amendola, TE Rob Gronkowski (a BEAST) and TE/WR Tim Wright (a great pickup for the Pat's).

Watch Brandon Lafell for a big game. Watching both Lafell and Julian Edelman I can report that these two receivers are scary. Danny Amendola and Julian Edelman are impressive as well in the return game. I watched one game (was it Vs Denver) where Julian Edelman dominated.

Our defense has to bump (double bump) Gronk and not allow him to easily gain the middle of the field. The real key will be somehow harassing Tom Brady and somehow containing GRONK the best a taem might try to. I see GRONK the same as I do a healthy Megatron or very difficult to stop.

If Tom Brady gets time and can find GRONK over the middle look for a shootout win as the best case scenario for Aaron Rodgers and the Packers victory.

Belichick and MM will both try to establish the run early. I believe that right now the New England Patriots are deeper at RB. Bill Belichick will use all his horses. Again for us to win Eddie lacy has to be at the top of his game assuming that MM has a ton of faith in him and his running game.

It's going to be an hell of a game.

GO PACK GO.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    I love how the Dallas ol gets a pass as the Thursday game being an anomaly yet the Packer ol has fans proclaiming their suckiness on a play to play level.
    You realize 'of course' that Dallas has the NO. 1 Ranked OL in the NFL.

Green Bay's OL is Ranked #14.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    You realize 'of course' that Dallas has the NO. 1 Ranked OL in the NFL.

Green Bay's OL is Ranked #14.
    Yet they got overrun on Thursday by the same Eagles defense that Rodgers picked apart.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    I'm saying that alignment is a 3-3, max is saying it is a 2-4...

He is trying to play a sophistry game by saying that a down linemen is not a defensive linemen. In terms of a 3-3 or a 2-4?? The definition is how many linemen you have, and how many LB's you have.

You guys can try to spin it all you want, but 3 down linemen, lined up inside the tackles, and 3 LB's standing up, 2 outside and 1 inside - that is by definition a 3-3.
    I am giving you that the Bear front* is a 3-3. To describe it as a 2-4 causes more confusion than clarity. But that doesn't transform Perry, body-wise, into a DT.

We have forgotten a small point about your call for the 3-3. You wanted more size to defense the middle of the field. You wanted to take Jones or Hawk off the field for a DB and leave three lineman.

So Capers, in this formation, run for 15 snaps versus 1 team, gave you half of what you want. A formation of 3-3. But he did it by subtracting a lineman for the DB and lining up an OLB at DT. That is a plus of 1 inch and 10 pounds over Jones.

* actual Bear front needs another backer on the LOS, but three lineman over the G-C-G is one of the defining characteristics.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Yet they got overrun on Thursday by the same Eagles defense that Rodgers picked apart.
    Jordy > Dez
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    At home.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I am giving you that the Bear front* is a 3-3. To describe it as a 2-4 causes more confusion than clarity. But that doesn't transform Perry, body-wise, into a DT.

We have forgotten a small point about your call for the 3-3. You wanted more size to defense the middle of the field. You wanted to take Jones or Hawk off the field for a DB and leave three lineman.

So Capers, in this formation, run for 15 snaps versus 1 team, gave you half of what you want. A formation of 3-3. But he did it by subtracting a lineman for the DB and lining up an OLB at DT. That is a plus of 1 inch and 10 pounds over Jones.

* actual Bear front needs another backer on the LOS, but three lineman over the G-C-G is one of the defining characteristics.
    This is why I don't get into it with Wist anymore.

Earlier this year, I was trying to argue that our 2-4 was really more of a 4-2 when you had Perry and Peppers as the OLBs in the formation. He would have nothing to do with that even with Peppers playing DE in a 4-3 for his whole career. Peppers in a two point stance in the exact same spot as where he was is a 3 point stance the year before didn't count.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    At home.
    Romo's gonna Romo.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Years of ineptitude is trumped by 5 good runs, lol...

You guys are such a hoot
    Lacy 25 for 125 yards. 11 rushing first downs in the game. 5 good runs my ass!
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Eddie Lacy 2013:

284 carries for 1,178 yards at 4.1 per carry and 11 TDs.

Offensive Rookie of the Year. Obviously the Packers couldn't run last year and somehow had a RB that won OROY.

-Tim Harmston

Cross posting this so be forewarned: Bob says yes the Packers are playing the Patriots, but they need to stay ahead of the Seachickens.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...284243601.html

Bob would make a terrible coach.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post

It must be emphasized that this win today is necessary for the Green Bay Packers to have a real shot at the Super Bowl.
    Nope.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Cross posting this so be forewarned: Bob says yes the Packers are playing the Patriots, but they need to stay ahead of the Seachickens.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...284243601.html

Bob would make a terrible coach.
    A good coach always tells you to keep an eye on the scoreboard and not the opponent in front of you.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Mike Daniels could earn himself a lot of money today if he can generate consisitent pressure on Brady up the middle.
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Nope.
    Noted...but all the same a loss to New England would reduce their mathematical probability of winning the Super Bowl immediately and going forward.