Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Packers vs. Patriots Discussion Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    nervous... very nervous. gronk scares me.

Both teams can afford to lose this one. Both need it for home-field. Should be good.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 3m3 minutes ago
    #Packers 7-1 in last eight. Five wins by at least 21. Patriots have won seven in a row. Five wins by at least 22.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Evan Silva ‏@evansilva 28m28 minutes ago
    #Packers RB Eddie Lacy has 9 TDs over his last 8 games & 100+ total yards in 4 straight. Avging 5.06 YPC since September.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

vegas says Packers are 3 point favorites. if anything i'd say ne were the favorite by at least that.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Revis on Cobb, double team Nelson. Packers better be comfortable throwing elsewhere. Rodgers and Adams need to get their rocky relationship figured out. I'd suggest some couples therapy with Dr. John Holmes, MD, PhD. Some trust exercises should be employed.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    vegas says Packers are 3 point favorites. if anything i'd say ne were the favorite by at least that.
    The home team usually sets 3 points just for being at home so it is truly a pick 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    3 points....for home field....so the Pack and Pats are considered equal.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Enough to know some of the lines and sing "La-la-la-la" for the ones I was too drunk or high to understand. Or maybe Steven Tyler was too drunk or high to enunciate clearly. Or maybe both.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

FWIW, Pats have beaten the division leaders of the AFC North, West, and East, and the Lions. 3 of those were at home. They beat Indy in Indy.

They barely beat the Jets in Foxboro, 27-25.

Their 2 losses were on the road to >.500 teams. They lost to Miami in Miami and KC in KC.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    FWIW, Pats have beaten the division leaders of the AFC North, West, and East, and the Lions. 3 of those were at home. They beat Indy in Indy.

They barely beat the Jets in Foxboro, 27-25.

Their 2 losses were on the road to >.500 teams. They lost to Miami in Miami and KC in KC.
    I'm excited for this game. It's a potential signature game for the Packers, and it's at home and not in the pesky primetime slot.

I am inexplicably confident about this game. I fully expect a win for the Packers.

I might need to start watching replays of that 2010 game and jab myself with a coat hanger, Colonel Flagg style, after every positive Packer moment to regain some perspective.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I am inexplicably confident about this game. I fully expect a win for the Packers.

I might need to start watching replays of that 2010 game and jab myself with a coat hanger, Colonel Flagg style, after every positive Packer moment to regain some perspective.
    I'd prefer you break your arm in the x-ray machine.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I'd prefer you break your arm in the x-ray machine.
    Might need both.

"The 'wind' has broken his leg."

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar

I am too but its not inexplicable. We're unbeatable at home. The problem is that this team is eventually going to have to beat a good team outside of Lambeau if they want to hoist the lombardi and there is no evidence that they can do that. Or even be competitive.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    I am too but its not inexplicable. We're unbeatable at home. The problem is that this team is eventually going to have to beat a good team outside of Lambeau if they want to hoist the lombardi and there is no evidence that they can do that. Or even be competitive.
    The Dolphins are borderline good.

The road woes will continue, until they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    The Dolphins are borderline good.

The road woes will continue, until they don't.
    They took another lead late against Denver in Denver. I think they qualify as good. At least they are now.

They took another lead late against Denver in Denver. I think they qualify as good. At least they are now.
    They've got all of the elements that usually give the packers problems -- fierce edge rush, physical corners, and a solid rushing offense led by a good-not-great QB. They're not as talented as the 9ers of the previous 3 years, but they're a tough out.

ya, but how good is Denver getting thrashed by a losing Rams team?

Miami is a decent team with a 6-5 record.

What defines a team as good to a great extent relies on the quality of that teams QB.

Ryan Tannehill has had four games this season with a QBR > 80. He's also had four games with a QBR < 30.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau