Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Packers vs. Patriots Discussion Thread

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I am inexplicably confident about this game. I fully expect a win for the Packers.

I might need to start watching replays of that 2010 game and jab myself with a coat hanger, Colonel Flagg style, after every positive Packer moment to regain some perspective.
    I am too but its not inexplicable. We're unbeatable at home. The problem is that this team is eventually going to have to beat a good team outside of Lambeau if they want to hoist the lombardi and there is no evidence that they can do that. Or even be competitive.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    I hope teams keep letting us win all the way to the Lombardi trophy.
    Happened in 2010, it can happen again!
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    I am too but its not inexplicable. We're unbeatable at home. The problem is that this team is eventually going to have to beat a good team outside of Lambeau if they want to hoist the lombardi and there is no evidence that they can do that. Or even be competitive.
    The Dolphins are borderline good.

The road woes will continue, until they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    And if the Packers somehow miraculously win??? You will sweep it away like them lucking their way to a SB??
    That's his modus operandi.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    The Dolphins are borderline good.

The road woes will continue, until they don't.
    They took another lead late against Denver in Denver. I think they qualify as good. At least they are now.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

They took another lead late against Denver in Denver. I think they qualify as good. At least they are now.
    They've got all of the elements that usually give the packers problems -- fierce edge rush, physical corners, and a solid rushing offense led by a good-not-great QB. They're not as talented as the 9ers of the previous 3 years, but they're a tough out.

I expect us to win most games... we have the QB, a very good receiving corp, a decent RB, a good (for the most part) offensive play caller in MM; add to that, we have decent talent on the defensive side of the ball.

For us, it always comes down to 2 factors, 1) dunderdummy, and 2) the OL and whether they can hold up.

Against good QB's, dunderdummy has admitted that he is afraid of them and he coaches that way, i.e. he plays soft and tries to limit them to 15 yd gains, as opposed to giving up 80 yd TD's. Accompanying that flawed approach, or rather to accomodate that flawed approach, he abandons any notion of playing the run - so we get gashed in the running game too.

I expect this game will look very much like the New Orleans game. Brees threw for 311 yds and 3 TDs, and they ran for 194 yds.

No sacks, no INTs.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That's how Dom Capers approaches dealing with elite QB's.

Is this news to you guys?? Haven't you seen enough embarrassing performances by this idiot to expect that he's likely to do the exact same thing again, and again, and again??

As for the OL - we were able to run for a couple of first downs at the end of the Viking game, but make no mistake, the Vikings whipped our OL thoroughly yesterday. We have only 3 running plays, and the overall philosophy is very, very passive. Bacteria is a liability, and other than Linsley, who is proving to be a pretty good player, none of them can run block to save their lives.

It's the nature of our team - and has been for years.
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    That's his modus operandi.
    You guys need to take the rose colored glasses off and look at the MO of dunderdummy... you guys are such homers, lol

If we had a competent DC, I'd be saying we should win the SB; but, as it is dunderdummy is such a liability that we'll likely get embarrassed in the playoffs again.
    wist

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    As for the OL - we were able to run for a couple of first downs at the end of the Viking game, but make no mistake, the Vikings whipped our OL thoroughly yesterday.
    There was no whipping of our OL by the Vikes yesterday. The pass protection was quite good and you can dismiss the run blocking all you want, but Lacy averaged 5 ypc.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Jumbo Rat HOFer

As for the OL - we were able to run for a couple of first downs at the end of the Viking game, but make no mistake, the Vikings whipped our OL thoroughly yesterday. We have only 3 running plays, and the overall philosophy is very, very passive. Bacteria is a liability, and other than Linsley, who is proving to be a pretty good player, none of them can run block to save their lives.

It's the nature of our team - and has been for years.
    Lacy - 25 for 125 rushing, 1 TD long of 16

You don't even know when to lay off when you should. The Packer run game was excellent yesterday.

We had more first downs by rushing than we did passing yesterday.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Lacy - 25 for 125 rushing, 1 TD long of 16

You don't even know when to lay off when you should. The Packer run game was excellent yesterday.

We had more first downs by rushing than we did passing yesterday.
    Not to mention Rodgers was sacked once and hit only 1 other time.
    I think Bak is struggling a little bit but it's tough to complain about the OL when they've only given up 2 sacks total the past 2 weeks.
    Philly has 2nd most sacks on year, Minn is T4
    Go PACK

Looking at the Det-NE game a little closer, a few things popped out:

1) Detroit actually did a decent job moving the ball in the first half, when the game was still in doubt. Their drives stalled.
    2) NE was even more pass heavy than the final statistics indicate, 10 of their 20 runs were in the 4th quarter.
    3) Detroit did not get any sacks. I can't find information on hurries or QB hits to tell what sort of pressure Brady was under.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    ya, but how good is Denver getting thrashed by a losing Rams team?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

but make no mistake, the Vikings whipped our OL thoroughly yesterday.....

If we had a competent DC, I'd be saying we should win the SB; but, as it is dunderdummy is such a liability that we'll likely get embarrassed in the playoffs again.
    I hate it when the DC ruins the offensive line, too. You'd think Capers could confine his disasters to his side of the team!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    ya, but how good is Denver getting thrashed by a losing Rams team?
    Have only seen one Rams game. Rapapport thinks they are playoff caliber if they had gone back to a healthy Shaun Hill earlier. Can't say for certain. What is certain is that the Broncos can be had far more easily than early season suggested.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

^^^ I was joking. Denver was beat all to hell in that Rams game. And for the record, I love that Shaun Hill guy. That guy is a QB rock. He gets everything out of the skills he was given. Kinda like Hoyer, but with fewer bad throws.

One sure sign the Packers are beating NE: If the announcers say "Rodgers has completions to 9 different receivers today!"

I hate it when the DC ruins the offensive line, too. You'd think Capers could confine his disasters to his side of the team!
    Its rare you get 125 rush yards at 5 ypc and allow 1 sack and win. Has to be the first time in history. wist has a nose for statistical news.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Its all that lulling them into a false sense of security while facing his soft DL in practice.

Little known Capers facts:
    1) Capers favorite food is Puppy meat.
    2) In the offseason Capers hobby is to buy candy factories just to shut them down
    3) Its theorized that Capers's hair-spray-paint poisoned all the dolphins in Lake Michigan
    4) Capers has a large tattoo on his chest of a pentagram with a homosexual sex position depicted at each vertex
    5) During the predraft evaluations of front 7 players, anyone who beats Capers at arm wrestling is removed from the draft board.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    Its all that lulling them into a false sense of security while facing his soft DL in practice.

Little known Capers facts:
    1) Capers favorite food is Puppy meat.
    2) In the offseason Capers hobby is to buy candy factories just to shut them down
    3) Its theorized that Capers's hair-spray-paint poisoned all the dolphins in Lake Michigan
    4) Capers has a large tattoo on his chest of a pentagram with a homosexual sex position depicted at each vertex
    5) During the predraft evaluations of front 7 players, anyone who beats Capers at arm wrestling is removed from the draft board.
    Ha ha!
    C.H.U.D.