Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Packers vs. Patriots Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    Its all that lulling them into a false sense of security while facing his soft DL in practice.

Little known Capers facts:
    1) Capers favorite food is Puppy meat.
    2) In the offseason Capers hobby is to buy candy factories just to shut them down
    3) Its theorized that Capers's hair-spray-paint poisoned all the dolphins in Lake Michigan
    4) Capers has a large tattoo on his chest of a pentagram with a homosexual sex position depicted at each vertex
    5) During the predraft evaluations of front 7 players, anyone who beats Capers at arm wrestling is removed from the draft board.
    LOL!!!

McCarthy's Monday Afternoon Disinformation Campaign

1. Belichick is listening and watching.
    2. When you can lay eyes directly on him, assume he is recording elsewhere.
    3. All helicopters and planes should be treated as potential security leaks
    4. Ask all visitors to Lambeau a security question only they and not Belichick would know (eg. What are Swift and Perry feuding about (ie. not Doug Swift and Michael Dean Perry)? What does it mean to throw shade (ie. not Shady McCoy)? Where is Maroon 5 (not last 5 yards of endzone)?
    5. The cashier at Buger King is a plant.

Packer Report @PackerReport · 21m 21 minutes ago
    McCarthy: Normal workweek with the Patriots. Assistants did some preliminary game-planning late last week, like always.

MM on Thanksgiving: Everything moved up for Thursday morning. Everyone home by 1 p.m.

Packer Report @PackerReport · 19m 19 minutes ago
    MM on Lacy being ill: Aware before the game. "Fighting through a GI illness." Still monitoring.

Packer Report @PackerReport · 18m 18 minutes ago
    MM on value of close win: Another experience to draw from. Need that going into playoffs.

Packer Report @PackerReport · 17m 17 minutes ago
    MM: New England's a great football team. We're not going to make a bunch of changes. We like the football that we are.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 44m44 minutes ago
    McCarthy: "We're not going to get too far away from the yellow pad or too far away from the video screen."

Packer Report @PackerReport · 16m 16 minutes ago
    MM on GB's offense: Whether it comes through the run or the pass is irrelevant.

Packer Report @PackerReport · 15m 15 minutes ago
    Gronkowski huge challenge. Big catch radius, faster than people think. "Definitely a difference-maker."

Packer Report @PackerReport · 13m 13 minutes ago
    McCarthy thought Matthews came out of the OK with groin injury.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 37m37 minutes ago
    McCarthy on if Capers' exp in NWE helps: Have talked, "but nothing I'm relying on to put together a game plan for Sunday."

Packer Report @PackerReport · 9m 9 minutes ago
    MM on the 2010 game: Not worth watching too much of the film because of different personnel. (Flynn at QB for GB, obviously)

Packer Report @PackerReport · 8m 8 minutes ago
    And that's all from McCarthy and the start of Patriots Week.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    vegas says Packers are 3 point favorites. if anything i'd say ne were the favorite by at least that.
    The home team usually sets 3 points just for being at home so it is truly a pick 'em.

I am too but its not inexplicable. We're unbeatable at home. The problem is that this team is eventually going to have to beat a good team outside of Lambeau if they want to hoist the lombardi and there is no evidence that they can do that. Or even be competitive.
    We could if we get HFA throughout.

Its all that lulling them into a false sense of security while facing his soft DL in practice.

Little known Capers facts:
    1) Capers favorite food is Puppy meat.
    2) In the offseason Capers hobby is to buy candy factories just to shut them down
    3) Its theorized that Capers's hair-spray-paint poisoned all the dolphins in Lake Michigan
    4) Capers has a large tattoo on his chest of a pentagram with a homosexual sex position depicted at each vertex
    5) During the predraft evaluations of front 7 players, anyone who beats Capers at arm wrestling is removed from the draft board.
    #'s 3 and 5?? Undoubtedly true.

Not sure about the others, although I suspect Capers does molest puppies
    wist

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    IMO the reported spread is about right. Very close game. If the game were at Foxboro, I'd say NE.

Look at the NE depth chart and compare to the Packers.

On offense the only NE guy I'd rather have would be Gronk.

On defense, I'd take the NE guys up the middle...Wilfork and Hightower. Maybe Jamie Collins, he's pretty impressive. Otherwise, our guys are just as good, even considering Revis and Browner.

Both teams should be up for the game. Green Bay will play with emotion; NE will be supremely confident.

Please, Stubby, no onsides kicks. No going for it on 4th down from your own territory in the 1st qtr. No challenges until the end of the game. Take what they give you and FIELD POSITION, FIELD POSITION, FIELD POSITION!

Oh, and Stubby, another 25 carries for Lacy.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Looking at the Det-NE game a little closer, a few things popped out:

1) Detroit actually did a decent job moving the ball in the first half, when the game was still in doubt. Their drives stalled.
    2) NE was even more pass heavy than the final statistics indicate, 10 of their 20 runs were in the 4th quarter.
    3) Detroit did not get any sacks. I can't find information on hurries or QB hits to tell what sort of pressure Brady was under.
    Watching the NFL rewind most of Brady's passes were 10 yds or less, just got the ball and threw it, over and over again. Hard to get any pressure.

Key to the Game
    -Tackle the OL that you squib kick to.

Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    Key to the Game
    -Tackle the OL that you squib kick to.
    Good recall. You get a gold star. Please send email to Slocum and Zook.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 1m1 minute ago
    #Packers' points vs. number of plays is an anomaly. #Patriots have #NFL-high 357 points on 757 plays. Packers with 354 points on 663 plays.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    MM on Lacy being ill: Aware before the game. "Fighting through a GI illness." Still monitoring.

hopefully not too closely.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post

hopefully not too closely.
    Field cameras.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    vegas says Packers are 3 point favorites. if anything i'd say ne were the favorite by at least that.
    3 points....for home field....so the Pack and Pats are considered equal.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Please, Stubby, no onsides kicks. No going for it on 4th down from your own territory in the 1st qtr. No challenges until the end of the game. Take what they give you and FIELD POSITION, FIELD POSITION, FIELD POSITION!
    Playing conservatively against a good/great team like the Patriots is simply asking for a loss.

The Packers need to be aggressive in all THREE dimensions!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Playing conservatively against a good/great team like the Patriots is simply asking for a loss.

I don't know... that's how the Pats beat people.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    McCarthy's Monday Afternoon Disinformation Campaign

1. Belichick is listening and watching.
    2. When you can lay eyes directly on him, assume he is recording elsewhere.
    3. All helicopters and planes should be treated as potential security leaks
    4. Ask all visitors to Lambeau a security question only they and not Belichick would know (eg. What are Swift and Perry feuding about (ie. not Doug Swift and Michael Dean Perry)? What does it mean to throw shade (ie. not Shady McCoy)? Where is Maroon 5 (not last 5 yards of endzone)?
    5. The cashier at Buger King is a plant.

McCarthy: Normal workweek with the Patriots. Assistants did some preliminary game-planning late last week, like always.

MM on Thanksgiving: Everything moved up for Thursday morning. Everyone home by 1 p.m.

Packer Report @PackerReport · 18m 18 minutes ago
    MM on value of close win: Another experience to draw from. Need that going into playoffs.

Packer Report @PackerReport · 17m 17 minutes ago
    MM: New England's a great football team. We're not going to make a bunch of changes. We like the football that we are.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 44m44 minutes ago
    McCarthy: "We're not going to get too far away from the yellow pad or too far away from the video screen."

Packer Report @PackerReport · 16m 16 minutes ago
    MM on GB's offense: Whether it comes through the run or the pass is irrelevant.

Packer Report @PackerReport · 15m 15 minutes ago
    Gronkowski huge challenge. Big catch radius, faster than people think. "Definitely a difference-maker."

Packer Report @PackerReport · 13m 13 minutes ago
    McCarthy thought Matthews came out of the OK with groin injury.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 37m37 minutes ago
    McCarthy on if Capers' exp in NWE helps: Have talked, "but nothing I'm relying on to put together a game plan for Sunday."

Packer Report @PackerReport · 9m 9 minutes ago
    MM on the 2010 game: Not worth watching too much of the film because of different personnel. (Flynn at QB for GB, obviously)

Packer Report @PackerReport · 8m 8 minutes ago
    And that's all from McCarthy and the start of Patriots Week.
    The bolded piece above - I can't remember if that is a McCarthy theme that is commonly sounded, or if it's something I remember hearing a lot in 2010 and not much since.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

So what game plan are we thinking the Patriots are going to come with? Their game plans vary as much as any team in the league.

Are they going to go with the power run like they did against Indy? Or more of a spread it out and try to get it to Gronk on a LB?
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    So what game plan are we thinking the Patriots are going to come with? Their game plans vary as much as any team in the league.

Are they going to go with the power run like they did against Indy? Or more of a spread it out and try to get it to Gronk on a LB?

I would imagine you'd run on one of the league's worst run defenses. Once they're softened up, you bomb them with Gronk and friends.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

They are going to run until the Packers stop it. They will want to avoid the sub defense so they can pass effectively as well.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post

Since when is NOT kicking onsides playing conservatively? Or punting from your own territory on 4th down? Or taking what they give you?

I'd like to see us be opportunistic rather than aggressive. You have the opportunity to throw downfield, take it. Don't force it. You have an opportunity fake a field goal or punt, do it. Don't do it just to do it.

No QB no matter how good likes to play with his back at his own end zone. Field position will help our defense more than anything.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers