Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Official Packers vs. Patriots Discussion Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    I don't know what your point is... I don't think even the most homey homers on here would argue that our OL is anywhere in the same league as the Cowboys.

They can run the ball - they do run the ball; and we cannot. The only way we can run the ball is by using the pass to set up the run... the Cowboys are good enough that they don't have to do that, they can simply line up and run it down your throat more often than not... they just had a bad game yesterday.

Our OL is there to pass block... anything that gets accomplished in the running game is an afterthought. They're not knee-benders at all, there's no pulling or trapping - we have 3 running plays, and that's it.

If we had Dallas's OL, and the Vikings defense?? We'd be in business
    Dallas' line is very good at run blocking but I don't think they are a hell of lot better than us at pass blocking. I'd also like to have a defense that is much better than the queens'.

Green Bay's interior OL is up there in the top 5 this year. That trio is jellin'. The main problem is speed around the edges on the road.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Green Bay's interior OL is up there in the top 5 this year. That trio is jellin'. The main problem is speed around the edges on the road.
    the injuries to Sitton and Lang have hurt the run game, but they've been pretty good in pass pro.

Bacteria has improved over the season; Bulaga is far more solid than #67, but I agree with your assessment of the tackles against speed.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Good news... Perry was a participant in today's practice that did not actually exist:

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- It was an only an estimation because the Green Bay Packers don't actually practice on Fridays anymore, but for the first time since outside linebacker Nick Perry injured his shoulder Nov. 16, he was listed as a participant in practice.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-pa...houlder-injury

Good news... Perry was a participant in today's practice that did not actually exist:

The gameplan has already been installed, so I'm assuming that since Perry was questionable, dunderdummy just went ahead and planned on a ton of 2-4. I hope it aint so, and I hope Perry plays, and I hope dunderdummy plays a lot of 3-3, but let's face it... we're talking about dunder "Mr. 2-4" dummy.
    wist

Huh. Packers don't usually play games with injury info (which makes Hawks' performance even more enigmatic). I wonder if he indeed is ready to practice tomorrow.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I don't think Capers is going to try to trick Brady. That would be a waste of time. What would really help is to have all hands on deck and play sound fundamental football. Tackle well and try to get turnovers. IMO the team that wins tomorrow is the one who wins the turnover battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I don't think Capers is going to try to trick Brady. That would be a waste of time. What would really help is to have all hands on deck and play sound fundamental football. Tackle well and try to get turnovers. IMO the team that wins tomorrow is the one who wins the turnover battle.
    Actually I am all for disguising a look pre-snap. Packers don't do a lot of that. Wist may be haunted by the 2-4, but I am haunted by Eli Manning saying its not like he had a tough time figuring out what the Packers were doing (Kurt Warner also said this) in coverage.

Hide it, show zone then run man. Show single high then retreat to two deep. Reverse it. Stand everyone is the same position every snap then have them run to assignment at the snap. Change all the uniform numbers. Maybe camouflage.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Actually I am all for disguising a look pre-snap. Packers don't do a lot of that. Wist may be haunted by the 2-4, but I am haunted by Eli Manning saying its not like he had a tough time figuring out what the Packers were doing (Kurt Warner also said this) in coverage.

Hide it, show zone then run man. Show single high then retreat to two deep. Reverse it. Stand everyone is the same position every snap then have them run to assignment at the snap. Change all the uniform numbers. Maybe camouflage.
    I'd like to see them do the same thing on offense, not camouflage but a dose of misdirection, reverses, counter plays and the like. Rodgers simply reaching back and putting the ball in Lacy's belly is getting mighty old.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    I'd like to see them do the same thing on offense, not camouflage but a dose of misdirection, reverses, counter plays and the like. Rodgers simply reaching back and putting the ball in Lacy's belly is getting mighty old.
    They run the boot for that, so the DE/OLB can't cheat down the line like Matthews to tackle Lacy from behind.

But I did think I saw Cobb run one fly sweep earlier this year.

http://www.packers.com/news-and-even...n=email_141128

Packers defense geared up for more than just Gronkowski

Posted Nov 27, 2014

Mike Spofford ... packers.com senior writer

** “When it’s all said and done, it’s not just about Gronkowski,” cornerback Tramon Williams said. “He imposes his will on defenses, but Tom spreads the ball around. He gets the ball to his backs, to his receivers, everybody. So you can’t just pinpoint one guy. Certain guys make bigger plays, but you can’t pinpoint one guy.”

** “The biggest thing with a guy like him is you have to find a way to get him down once he catches the ball,” linebacker A.J. Hawk said. “His yards after catch, I don’t know what the stats might be on him, but he breaks a lot of tackles and gets downfield, and their team gets energized when he does that.”

** So, is it tougher to cover Gronkowski or tackle him?

“I can’t even answer that for you,” Hyde said. “You can see on tape he breaks a lot of tackles. Guys have trouble getting him down. But at the same time, guys are trying to limit his touches and he’s still catching the ball. I’ll have to answer that after the game on Sunday.”

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/pl...ualified/false

NFL Player Receiving Statistics - 2014

Note see YAC for Packers Vs Pats.

GO PACK GO !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    The "boot?"
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    The "boot?"
    Fake outside zone run to Lacy to one side, QB and TE and one other receiver head back the other direction. They leave the DE/OLB unblocked (or lightly bothered) and hope to get a mismatch or broken coverage.

If DE/OLB reacts well and closes to Rodgers fast, they hit the TE for 5 yards. If DE/OLB blows it and gives Rodgers time, he tries to get to the WR running a crossing route toward that same side of field deeper than the TE.

Rodgers is going to have a legacy game tomorrow.

Not going to avoid Revis like Sherman: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...o-avoid-revis/

Potential late season out-of-nowhere weapons: Jeff Janis, Brandon Bostick,
    and Dujuan Harris. I predict a surprise tomorrow. Revis and the rest will focus on our traditional weapons only to be torched by these no names. Sweet!

Packers doomed.

Packers respect, praise Belichick's 'disciplined' Patriots

"Their defense is very consistent shedding blocks. They're very active with their hands. They play with good pad level.
    Given the Vikes game, I think they may see some more of this:

"On offense, they do a lot of pick routes and screens. They're almost illegal. At the same time, the refs won't call it. You have to make the refs call it. They definitely challenge every aspect of the game. That's what makes it so tough."

Just what are the playoff implications of a loss for the Green bay Packers in this matchup tomorrow with New England.

ie Making the playoffs. Winning a Division. Winning a 1st Round Bye and winning the TOP SEED.

NFL Week 13 Playoff Implications

By: Mike Beuoy and Reuben Fischer-Baum

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...thanksgiving/:

GO PACK GO !
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

2014 OFFENSIVE LINE RANKING:

New England is RANKED 4th and the Green Bay Packers 14th.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/dl

2014 DEFENSIVE LINE RANKING:

New England is RANKED 24th and the Green Bay Packers 27th.