Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: More Banjo: @ Vikings Week12

More Banjo: @ Vikings Week12

Never has a team missed Jarret Bush and Nick Perry more.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

That last drive yardage was nuts.

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 13m13 minutes ago
    Eddie Lacy finishes with 125 rushing yards on 25 carries, including 5 for 27 on the final series to run out clock. #Packers win 24-21
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

McCarthy

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 11s11 seconds ago
    HC Mike McCarthy is at the podium:
    Today was a very good division win. Pleased with how our guys battled thru 4 quarters. #Packers #GBvsMIN

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 6s7 seconds ago
    MM on penalties: We weren’t very clean in some areas... we will take a look at the tape and learn. #GBvsMINN #Packers

Green Bay Packers @packers · 19m 19 minutes ago
    MM: We have to learn how to win each and every week, it’s never the same. #Packers #GBvsMIN

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 20m20 minutes ago
    #Packers coach Mike McCarthy: "This is a very good November win. We needed this game. You have to win close games this time of year."

Green Bay Packers @packers · 18m 18 minutes ago
    MM: We feel good about 8-3.

Rodgers:

Green Bay Packers @packers · 53s 54 seconds ago
    Rodgers on Lacy: He was great and he’s a workhorse and we need him in winter. #Packers #GBvsMIN

Green Bay Packers @packers · 3m 3 minutes ago
    Rodgers at the podium. On MN: They tried taking away Jordy and Randall. #Packers #GBvsMIN

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 1m1 minute ago
    A. Rodgers on TD to Richard Rodgers: It was a little bit of “freestyle.” I saw him out of the corner of my eye. #Packers #GBvsMIN

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 26s26 seconds ago
    Rodgers on last drive: The focus became tight. The O-line gave us some opportunities. #Packers #GBvsMIN

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 19m19 minutes ago
    Rodgers: Every win is important. It’s tough winning on the road. These are character wins. #Packers #GBvsMIN
    Last edited by pbmax; 11-23-2014 at 04:05 PM.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 1m1 minute ago A. Rodgers on TD to Richard Rodgers: It was a little bit of “freestyle.” I saw him out of the corner of my eye. #Packers #GBvsMIN

House is contagious.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 14m14 minutes ago
    Eddie Lacy played with a sickness, hasn't talked afterward. Sitton: "He's a tough son of a (bleep)."

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 10m10 minutes ago
    T.J. Lang on Lacy... "It's going to take a lot to keep him out of the game."

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 3m3 minutes ago
    There will no comments from Lacy today. Got out of the locker room ASAP. Was sick, teammates said, despite his 125-yard day.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Packer offense is decent, but we've seen the kryptonite work over and over. The defense is improved somewhat over last year, but just isn't good enough to win a championship. Good team, fun times, but this train ride will end before the Super Bowl.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Packer offense is decent, but we've seen the kryptonite work over and over. The defense is improved somewhat over last year, but just isn't good enough to win a championship. Good team, fun times, but this train ride will end before the Super Bowl.
    Easy to say that, but it comes down to the last man standing. We need the defense to improve and play better as the year moves on. We don't need an elite defense to compete for the big one.

That was an ugly win. Both sides of the ball came out flat and stayed that way

Eddie was a beast today, he made those 125 yards, the run blocking was shit all game

Hawk looked horrible. Shields and tramon werent much better

Did i see neil at ILB on a play? Brad jones time in green bay looks done, thank god someone finally figured out he sucks

They get home field and the pass pro keeps that edge, it will be interesting. Because the Packers O can beat the Cover 2 by having all day to throw.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    That was an ugly win. Both sides of the ball came out flat and stayed that way

Eddie was a beast today, he made those 125 yards, the run blocking was shit all game

Hawk looked horrible. Shields and tramon werent much better

Did i see neil at ILB on a play? Brad jones time in green bay looks done, thank god someone finally figured out he sucks
    As good as Lacy is, he doesn't get 125 yards if the run blocking is bad. Bakh had a bad game, but the rest of the OL was solid. They closed out the game when the Vikings knew they would be running the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    They get home field and the pass pro keeps that edge, it will be interesting. Because the Packers O can beat the Cover 2 by having all day to throw.
    This. They've been controlling games at home. Next week will be a good test.

And no other team has distinguished itself as a clear favorite in the NFC.

This is the best chance the Packers have had in a few years to get to the dance. FO has Green Bay at 23.5% to win the NFC... which means that Rand's prediction is still *likely* to come true, but only the Cardinals and Patriots have better odds right now at winning their conferences.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    You are assuming they have already peaked. They haven't. Next week will tell us more.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Never has a team missed Jarret Bush and Nick Perry more.
    No kidding... Perry's value showed today when he wasn't there. He's been really solid when they changed up the defense.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    As good as Lacy is, he doesn't get 125 yards if the run blocking is bad. Bakh had a bad game, but the rest of the OL was solid. They closed out the game when the Vikings knew they would be running the ball.
    No way, wach the replays, there were no holes today. I was squeezing through 5 inch gaps and bulling over people to get his yards

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    I didn't see the game. Heard it on the radio. It sure seemed the Vikings had quite a few dropped passes, even a dropped interception or two. Is this right?
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    I didn't see the game. Heard it on the radio. It sure seemed the Vikings had quite a few dropped passes, even a dropped interception or two. Is this right?
    I dont know if i would call them all drops. Bridgewater was high and off on a lot of passes. A lot of passes hit recievers in both hands but were very difficult catches to make

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    SF, Sea, AZ will not give them that time, Lambeau and certainly not away. They have a chance against AZ because of Stanton.

NE will cut this defense to ribbons. Not as impressed with NE D-line as MN's, so Packers could outscore em.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

A win is a win is a win. Especially a division win on the road.

It's important to get the ugly wins when the team isn't hitting on all cylinders.

It's hardly a bold prediction to state that it's likely this team won't make the SB, one could say the same thing about every team in the league. I feel better about them now than after NO. I feel better about this team than I did last week.

SF, Sea, AZ will not give them that time, Lambeau and certainly not away. They have a chance against AZ because of Stanton.

NE will cut this defense to ribbons. Not as impressed with NE D-line as MN's, so Packers could outscore em.
    We'll see. Seattle has had problems with its pass rush this season. Might look different in Lambeau. If they get there.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    No way, wach the replays, there were no holes today. I was squeezing through 5 inch gaps and bulling over people to get his yards
    He averaged 5 yards a carry. There were some holes somewhere.