Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: More Banjo: @ Vikings Week12

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    He averaged 5 yards a carry. There were some holes somewhere.
    Yeah there were some holes, after he would run through a couple of his own blockers and the guys they were suppose to be blocking

That last drive yardage was nuts.

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 13m13 minutes ago
    Eddie Lacy finishes with 125 rushing yards on 25 carries, including 5 for 27 on the final series to run out clock. #Packers win 24-21
    How was that for knowing when to go into your four minute offense?

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    How was that for knowing when to go into your four minute offense?
    Very nicely done this time. It should be noted, it was 3:23 when the drive started.

"He's a load and he's tough to tackle," Vikings coach Mike Zimmer said. "We did a good job a lot of times today. They ran a few new plays, new running plays that we had to adjust to. But he's a load.

"The run game today was more about the end of the ballgame, that's what got us at the end there."
    http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/283642831.html
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

when was the last time the Pack ran it into the teeth of a defense to finish the game? They finally got a back who can get three yards when they need two.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    when was the last time the Pack ran it into the teeth of a defense to finish the game? They finally got a back who can get three yards when they need two.
    They did it with Lacy last year. Don't remember who. Had an eight minute drive or something.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Guess which Rodgers TD throw this is measuring.

They did it with Lacy last year. Don't remember who. Had an eight minute drive or something.
    He closed out the Ravens game last year.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Nice thing about the Packers defense giving up those last 8 points is that Rodgers gets credit for a win by 4 or less. Because those matter more.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    A win is a win is a win. Especially a division win on the road.

It's important to get the ugly wins when the team isn't hitting on all cylinders.

It's hardly a bold prediction to state that it's likely this team won't make the SB, one could say the same thing about every team in the league. I feel better about them now than after NO. I feel better about this team than I did last week.
    just cuz it aint bold doesn't mean it won't be right.

What this game showed (again) is that a disciplined defense can shut down the explosive Packer passing game, with just a modicum of pressure and the correct scheme.

It also showed that the Packer D can't shut down even a marginal offense with a marginal QB - at least not on the road.

As PBmax says, they have to 1) get home field advantage and I think they have to 2) hope to hell they don't have to play a team that can both run Packer Kryptonite Defense and has a halfway decent QB. Who knows - perhaps they get lucky and Niners and S-hawks KO each other and don't make the playoffs and/or don't make it to GB.

NE has a very good QB, and while they can't generate a ton of pressure with their front four, they have the d-backs to completely eliminate Cobb and Nelson. And Rodgers doesn't have near the same confidence in his second tier receivers. Packers will be lucky to escape next week with a win.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Don't know how I missed this:

Thumbs down: For all the hullabaloo about where linebacker Clay Matthews has lined up in recent weeks – outside linebacker, inside linebacker, outside outside linebacker – the one place he is completely incapable of making plays from is on the sideline. And because of a groin injury that he battled throughout the week, the Packers kept their defensive star on a pitch count for much of the day and didn’t even play him in their dime defense, opting instead to use him on early downs to conserve him.
    http://www.espnwisconsin.com/common/...7721&is_corp=1

Also from Wilde this injury update:

Injury report: The only injury of note was to guard T.J. Lang, who was able to keep playing despite a left ankle injury early in the first quarter. Lang was replaced by Lane Taylor, who finished the series while Lang had his ankle re-taped. Lang initially injured the ankle Oct. 26 against New Orleans and had been limited in his practice work as a result

“I don’t really remember what happened,” Lang said. “It felt like somebody kind of clipped me from the side and just kind of re-rolled it again. Thankfully, I had a big tape job on there because it felt pretty bad. I was moving around on the sideline and it was hurting a lot but, as the game went on, it started to go away a little bit. I don’t think there’s anything too serious. We’ll see how it feels tomorrow.”

Meanwhile, defensive end Datone Jones played despite being listed as questionable with an ankle injury before the game.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by jsonline
    A defensive holding penalty on Micah Hyde wiped out Morgan Burnett's first interception since Dec. 2, 2012.
    geezopete that's a long time ago
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    geezopete that's a long time ago
    I think Burnett lost an interception because of a penalty earlier this year, too. One of the first few games.