Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: winners and sinners

winners and sinners

I don't know why every Viking receiver was open all day.

I'll just say the secondary sucked cause I know no better

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Winners:
    Lacy - Studly McStud
    Rodgers, Cobb and Nelson - Because they didn't try and do too much and realized they just needed to be solid vs spectacular this game.

Losers:
    Pass rush - Horrible, undisciplined angles and too often Teddy had a ton of room to run.
    Special teams - Horrible kickoff decisions, less than adequate coverage.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Winners - Lacy. Was reading on Twitter that he was sick during the game. DAMN...if he was playing that way when he was sick, heaven help the Pats next week.
    O-Line: Got the job done today and got enough holes for Lacy to have a consistent game today.

Losers:
    AJ Hawk: I just have visions of Gronk about 7 yards ahead of him running across the middle next week....
    The maddening holding penalties on BOTH sides of ball that negated great plays on O or defensive stops on D.
    -digital dean

No "TROLLS" allowed!

I dont know if i would call a rod, or fat mikes play calling all that great.

They are looking for the home run ball waaay to much, instead of just taking what they are being given.

One one series i think it was 2nd and 27. a rod dropped back and threw deep down the sideline to a guy that was well covered. Replay showed that there was at least one, maybe 2 guys way open right in front of a rod for gains of maybe 10-15 yards. On third down they again went for the home run and failed.

Also, whats up with fat mike and his challenges? Does he ever get any right? I knew the rule and knew that was a catch as soon as i saw the first replay. What bonehead is talking him into doing all these?

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldean View Post
    Winners - Lacy. Was reading on Twitter that he was sick during the game. DAMN...if he was playing that way when he was sick, heaven help the Pats next week.
    O-Line: Got the job done today and got enough holes for Lacy to have a consistent game today.

Losers:
    AJ Hawk: I just have visions of Gronk about 7 yards ahead of him running across the middle next week....
    The maddening holding penalties on BOTH sides of ball that negated great plays on O or defensive stops on D.
    Hawk looked like he was playing at quarter speed today, and it really looked at times like he wasnt giving 100%. Which is rare for him. All he really has going for him is his high motor, without that hes completely worthless

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    Also, whats up with fat mike and his challenges?
    I don't think it's a huge deal, but the spontaneous flag tossing is odd. Sort of like somebody with a nervous tic, or tourette syndrome.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    From the statistics and the radio broadcast of the game, Micah Hyde seemed to have his "A" game today.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Hawk looked like he was playing at quarter speed today, and it really looked at times like he wasnt giving 100%. Which is rare for him. All he really has going for him is his high motor, without that hes completely worthless
    I think we should keep our powder dry until we know whether he was injured. He looked like he played with minor hamstring injury.

Bill Curry describes lesson he learned as player for Vince Lombardi
    Lesson four: It is not enough to play hurt. One must play well while playing hurt.

When I arrived in Green Bay to work for Lombardi, I quickly learned what the culture demanded. The second week I had a slight hamstring pull and went to the trainer for therapy. As I lay on the training room table, superstar Paul Hornung walked over. He was one of the few veterans that was nice to rookies. He asked, "Whatcha got, kid?" I replied that my hamstring was pulled. He glanced around, leaned over in a conspiratorial manner, and said softly, "The old man doesn't believe in hamstrings."

I stood, walked out of the training room and never returned while in Green Bay. Never.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/column...ill&id=2622535

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    From the statistics and the radio broadcast of the game, Micah Hyde seemed to have his "A" game today.
    Id say hyde was up and down. He had some rough spots early

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Packers D did not do well against pick plays
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Mike Neal had a long day

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    He had some loose coverages in the backend and one bad tackle attempt. But he did get the INT.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    I think we should keep our powder dry until we know whether he was injured. He looked like he played with minor hamstring injury.

Bill Curry describes lesson he learned as player for Vince Lombardi
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/column...ill&id=2622535
    Bill Curry always sounds like he is/was afflicted with Stockholm Syndrome when discussing Lombardi. His story about how Lombardi challenged him that Butkus was too much for him is like listening to narration of a snuff film.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Packers D did not do well against pick plays

Is that what happened on the TD and 2 point play? Because HHCD and Shields were also doing the "you got him" routine after the 2 point conversion.

Broncos used the same play for 2 points versus the Dolphins.

Id say hyde was up and down. He had some rough spots early
    Other than the INT, I thought Hyde had a tough day. But, the INT was a big play. That's Hyde. He has some weaknesses, but he has a way of coming up with big plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    I don't think it's a huge deal, but the spontaneous flag tossing is odd. Sort of like somebody with a nervous tic, or tourette syndrome.
    For sure your correct......

Check MM out next week.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 11-23-2014 at 08:05 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Sinner/loser = Bach

At least two holding calls and more could have been called. He didn't look good at all today.

Blog Entries
    ELIOTT was getting pressure on the qb; he looks like the real deal imo.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

If Lacy and House were sick I wonder how many others were today? They all looked rather lethargic out there...

Winners:

Lacey.
    The offensive line.
    The team.
    The team.
    The team.

Losers:

Hawk
    Defensive lack of pressure as the game went on. So, whoever was rushing the passer.
    Neal - fugly game, it seems
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack