Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: He's BACK! Brad Jones Is Your Starting Dime LB

He's BACK! Brad Jones Is Your Starting Dime LB

http://gnb.scout.com/story/1484643-j...f3aHkM.twitter

Back in the lineup was veteran Brad Jones, who played 13 snaps in place of A.J. Hawk as the lone inside linebacker in the dime package. Jones started and played every snap against Seattle but hadn’t seen any other significant action, other than 34 snaps in Week 6 against Miami for injured Jamari Lattimore.
    Now you have no reason to fear AJ Hawks partially torn (probably) hamstring/quad leg injury.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

God damnit

Now we are proper fucked

Would you rather see Hawk?

Rat Starter
    Insert Richardson as the "Mike" in the dime. Problem solved, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Insert Richardson as the "Mike" in the dime. Problem solved, I think.
    He played early and often versus the Vikes.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    He played early and often versus the Vikes.
    He had only 4 defensive snaps. 20 on ST.

Not as afraid of a Matthews/Jones inside combo.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Well now TEs will only have 1-2 yards of separation instead of 4-5. That's something!

I don't hate this if it's dime only but why was Clay on the sidelines on a few third downs? Is it because he tried really hard on the play before?

Can't complain about not rushing the passer if you're taking yourself off the field in passing situations.

Quote Originally Posted by mission View Post
    I don't hate this if it's dime only but why was Clay on the sidelines on a few third downs? Is it because he tried really hard on the play before?

Can't complain about not rushing the passer if you're taking yourself off the field in passing situations.
    He was on a snap count due to the aggravated groin. He didn't pull himself. (Not sure that sounds right....)

Quote Originally Posted by QBME View Post
    He had only 4 defensive snaps. 20 on ST.
    Maybe an equipment problem with Burnett or Dix then because I saw him three times on the screen at the beginning of the game for the D.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Brad Jones is the communication helmet guy if Hawk can't go. So one or both of them will be in for every play.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Brad Jones is the communication helmet guy if Hawk can't go. So one or both of them will be in for every play.
    Why can't Burnett be that guy? He plays every down, doesn't he?

Cut Hawk and Jones for all I care.

Again, lol... good God again...

The solution is the 3-3 with Matthews roving. The 3 LB's should be Matthews, Neal, and Peppers.

Jones and Hawk have no business being on the field ever, but since we're stuck with them and Barrington/Lattimore - I'd rather see Barrington get the occasional look.

Given that the Pats usually throw a ton of short stuff, and run a lot out of 3 wides, I'd run a lot of 3-3 against them, cheat the safeties up, and double Gronk. I don't fear Edleman or Lefell - let them both have their 6-8 catches, but shut down the run game, make quick tackles on the short throws, and contain Gronk.

If they did that, we'd have a chance... but I don't think dunderdummy will do any of those things. I fully expect us to get outcoached, and to be lit up big time by Brady.
    wist

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Geezus, here we go again - Hawk - the indispensable communication man. And Jones is the backup? What about Burnett, who is out there every damn play?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Why can't Burnett be that guy? He plays every down, doesn't he?

Cut Hawk and Jones for all I care.
    great minds think alike
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post

If they did that, we'd have a chance... but I don't think dunderdummy will do any of those things. I fully expect us to get outcoached, and to be lit up big time by Brady.
    Just like 2010!!

Hasn't Jones always been the best coverage guy among the linebackers?

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Geezus, here we go again - Hawk - the indispensable communication man. And Jones is the backup? What about Burnett, who is out there every damn play?
    Why don't we go to flash cards ala Chip Kelly? Better yet, why not just play the 3-3 as Wist suggests ALL THE TIME. Let the players play.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers