Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to destroy the QB room, part 41

How to destroy the QB room, part 41

Rex is at it again tonight.

After pulling Geno and inserting the vet (who by the way made it pretty apparent he did NOT want to play) a few weeks ago, he reverses field and puts Geno back in.

I can't imagine what they are going to to tomorrow/Wednesday. I wouldn't be surprised to see one of those guys let go? What a mess.
    Last edited by Guiness; 11-24-2014 at 09:19 PM.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Rex is at it tonight.

After pulling Geno and inserting the vet, who by the way made it pretty apparent he did NOT want to play, he reverses field and puts Geno back in.

I can't imagine what they are going to to tomorrow/Wednesday. I wouldn't be surprised to see one of those guys let go? What a mess.
    That Jets team is terrible.

Over the top too many miscues and penaltys - 9 for 60 yards. The Jets had 11 first downs and their 3rd Dwn. Eff. = 20%
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

The team gave Rex nothing to work with on the roster this year. I don't think he gives a crap what happens at this point...and it shows.

Honestly...choosing between Vick and Geno is lose-lose.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Rex is at it again tonight.

After pulling Geno and inserting the vet (who by the way made it pretty apparent he did NOT want to play) a few weeks ago, he reverses field and puts Geno back in.

Sorry to disappoint you. Vick started the game and made a touchdown saving tackle after an INT. He was hurt making the tackle. Geno Smith finished the rest of the game.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Sorry to disappoint you. Vick started the game and made a touchdown saving tackle after an INT. He was hurt making the tackle. Geno Smith finished the rest of the game.
    That's not the way they were originally reporting it - story was Vick was pulled and replaced by Smith when they were down 3 (4?) TDs. Just looked now, and they're saying he was hurt, and will start next week if healthy.
    --

That's not the way they were originally reporting it - story was Vick was pulled and replaced by Smith when they were down 3 (4?) TDs. Just looked now, and they're saying he was hurt, and will start next week if healthy.
    Michael Vick was removed from the game and it appears that was as a result of " a mercy benching " .

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-loss-to-bills

" Geno Smith replaced Vick midway through the third quarter Monday night with the Jets trailing the Bills 31-3 in Detroit (they ended up losing 38-3). Vick came up limping slightly after a bad interception, but he was seen walking on the sideline shortly thereafter. This appeared to be a mercy benching, and it came with good reason.

Vick completed only 7-of-19 passes for 76 yards with one interception and took seven sacks. Many of the sacks came from Vick holding the ball too long, unaware of where the pressure came from. His box score could have looked even uglier if not for three dropped interceptions by Buffalo. Vick looked out of sorts from the first snap..."
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Michael Vick was removed from the game and it appears that was as a result of " a mercy benching " .

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-loss-to-bills

" Geno Smith replaced Vick midway through the third quarter Monday night with the Jets trailing the Bills 31-3 in Detroit (they ended up losing 38-3). Vick came up limping slightly after a bad interception, but he was seen walking on the sideline shortly thereafter. This appeared to be a mercy benching, and it came with good reason.

Vick completed only 7-of-19 passes for 76 yards with one interception and took seven sacks. Many of the sacks came from Vick holding the ball too long, unaware of where the pressure came from. His box score could have looked even uglier if not for three dropped interceptions by Buffalo. Vick looked out of sorts from the first snap..."
    OK .... the NY Jets have made a decision at QB for their next Home Game Vs the Miami Dolphins in Week 13.

Geno Smith returns under Center.

I hope this post here is OK:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...giii-on-sunday

Redskins planning to start McCoy over RGIII on Sunday

By Mike Coppinger ... NFL.com

Published: Nov. 25, 2014 at 11:42 p.m. .... Updated: Nov. 26, 2014 at 01:58 a.m.

" The drama in D.C. continues.

The Redskins are planning to bench RGIIII and start Colt McCoy on Sunday vs. the Colts, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Tuesday, per a source informed of the team's decision. However, it's not necessarily a long-term move, Rapoport adds. "

Please click on the LINK for the entire story.

GO PACK GO !

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Part 42 - see Redskins, Washington.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Part 42 - see Redskins, Washington.
    No shit, eh? What a mess.
    --

No shit, eh? What a mess.

McCoy and Cousins are known quantities, and are as replaceable as piston rings. Don't need to play them to 'figure it out.' 'Skins are out of the playoffs (realistically, if not mathematically). Let RGIII play the rest of the season and figure out if he can be the guy. Make changes in the off season. There are a lot of stupid people in the NFL.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    I think sexy Rexy is done in New York. Wonder if he's agreeable to be a DC?
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

McCoy and Cousins are known quantities, and are as replaceable as piston rings. Don't need to play them to 'figure it out.' 'Skins are out of the playoffs (realistically, if not mathematically). Let RGIII play the rest of the season and figure out if he can be the guy. Make changes in the off season. There are a lot of stupid people in the NFL.
    From the reports it seems that if Colt McCoy performs well he'll play out the string this season.

If I was making the decision I'd run the rest of the way this season with RG III, if he is still seriously considered the "Franchise QB". So what has changed?

The Skins organization seems to be folding up on RG III given that the Skins season is essentially over in terms of any likelihood of the playoffs.

I believe the problem lies with RG III's team mates. Their disgruntled with the decision that was made to abort on Colt McCoy after he led the team to two straight wins. To return the ball to RG III after their Bye Week and that result....two straight loss's by an accumulated score of 44-20 home to Tampa Bay and on the road in San Fran.

So maybe in a late night meeting the axe fell on RG III.

Then there's this in your face. Check the video.

Last edited by woodbuck27; 11-26-2014 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    I think sexy Rexy is done in New York. Wonder if he's agreeable to be a DC?
    Maybe he would contract out for Sunday. He's been pretty good at getting after Brady.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

From the reports it seems that if Colt McCoy performs well he'll play out the string this season.

If I was making the decision I'd run the rest of the way this season with RG III, if he is still seriously considered the "Franchise QB". So what has changed?

The Skins organization seems to be folding up on RG III given that the Skins season is essentially over in terms of any likelihood of the playoffs.

I believe the problem lies with RG III's team mates. Their disgruntled with the decision that was made to abort on Colt McCoy after he led the team to two straight wins. To return the ball to RG III after their Bye Week and that result....two straight loss's by an accumulated score of 44-20 home to Tampa Bay and on the road in San Fran.

So maybe in a late night meeting the axe fell on RG III.

Then there's this in your face. Check the video.

QB carousel is a great way to lose a team.

"My boy Colt will be tall and tough as a tree! No pot-bellied, baggy-eyed bully
    DT will toss him around"

Seems that is what the Jets are doing, word is now that despite Vick being ready to go, Geno will be starting.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-geno-instead/

Coaching staff's opinion be dammed. Article implies this comes from the top, so Johnson I guess? If that isn't writing on the wall for Rex Ryan, I don't know what is. I'm sure the co-ordinators over there are polishing their resumes. It's a day late, but can I recommend http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Westhoff ? Y'know, after Slocum gets fired.
    --

Seems that is what the Jets are doing, word is now that despite Vick being ready to go, Geno will be starting.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-geno-instead/

Coaching staff's opinion be dammed. Article implies this comes from the top, so Johnson I guess? If that isn't writing on the wall for Rex Ryan, I don't know what is. I'm sure the co-ordinators over there are polishing their resumes. It's a day late, but can I recommend http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Westhoff ? Y'know, after Slocum gets fired.
    Mike Westhoff has a long resume of ST success. He retired from the NY Jets organization following the 2012 season.

Maybe he's seriously retired.

On Jan. 10 2015 Mike Westhoff will turn 67 years of age.

Mike Westhoff has a long resume of ST success. He retired from the NY Jets organization following the 2012 season.

Maybe he's seriously retired.

On Jan. 10 2015 Mike Westhoff will turn 67 years of age.
    Oops, my mistake. Google gave me him as the first hit, I didn't read far enough down to see 'former'

Dude's 67. Lots of tread left on those tires!
    --

Well now, Sanchez with 2 TDs in the first quarter, one throwing and one running. Wonder how 'ol Rexy feels about that?
    Last edited by Guiness; 11-27-2014 at 06:05 PM.
    --

Well now, Sanchez with 2 TDs in the first quarter, one throwing and one running. Wonder how 'ol Rexy feels about that?
    An indication of what some analysts see:

That Rex Ryan has difficulty coaching and calling an offense.