View Poll Results: Which pundit do you get most from?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eric Baranczyk GBPG

3 14.29%
  • LeRoy Butler JS

0 0%
  • Tyler Dunne JS

1 4.76%
  • Pete Dougherty GBPG

0 0%
  • Weston Hodkiewicz GBPG

0 0%
  • Paul Imig FoxSportsWisconsin.com

0 0%
  • Vic Ketchman packers.com

2 9.52%
  • Bob McGinn JS

7 33.33%
  • Tom Oates WSJ

0 0%
  • Bill Scott PACKERS RADIO NETWORK

0 0%
  • Tom Silverstein JS

0 0%
  • Mark Tauscher PACKERS RADIO NETWORK

0 0%
  • Jason Wilde ESPN

3 14.29%
  • Ryan Wood GBPG

0 0%
  • other

5 23.81%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Packer Pundit Pulitzer

Packer Pundit Pulitzer

Mostly I read a lot of bitchin about writers who stink. Somebody must be good.

I wasted 15 minutes making this list. If nobody responds, there will be repercussions.
    Last edited by Harlan Huckleby; 11-25-2014 at 07:34 PM.

Did I mention there will be big trouble if this poll goes ignored? I'm serious about this, I'm not an entirely stable person.
    Hell hath no fury like a pollster scorned.

Blog Entries
    No Brainer

McGinn
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I didn't see my name mentioned

I call bullshit on this poll

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    I didn't see my name mentioned

I call bullshit on this poll

If you'd write up a dam article on your game day threads I'd vote for you
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Geriatric Rat All-Pro
    *AHEM*

Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleft Crusty View Post
    *AHEM*
    You're retired, bitch.

Can't believe that fucker Harlan didn't include ex-Packer great Bill Schroeder, who currently works for the NBC station in Green Bay, and Rob Demovsky, the ESPN NFC North blogger.

Rob Demovsky was an oversight. Bill Schroeder is familiar mostly in the Upper Peninsula. Clef Crusty retains a small but dedicated following among HAM radio enthusiasts. The Nomination Committee did not receive a satisfactory background report for Mark Chmura or Red. It is hoped that Chmura may become eligible with the passage of time.

I checked 'other'.

I don't have a preference for any particular Packer beat writer.

I read and garner as much as I can here and online and from the NFL Network to get an overall impression of things NFL and Green Bay Packers.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Woody, Red Smith is no longer with us.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Smith_(sportswriter)
    Fr.: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Smith_(sportswriter)

" ..."Open a vein and bleed"

Smith is one plausible source for the quotation, "Writing is easy. You just open a vein and bleed." In 1946, sportswriter Paul Gallico wrote, "It is only when you open your veins and bleed onto the page a little that you establish contact with your reader." In 1949, columnist Walter Winchell wrote, "Red Smith was asked if turning out a daily column wasn't quite a chore. ... 'Why, no', dead-panned Red. 'You simply sit down at the typewriter, open your veins, and bleed.'" ..... "
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Red Smith is from Green Bay, a school there is named after him. He was kind of a celebrity in 50s and 60s, he was the most famous sportswriter in America, I hear his name in old movies sometimes.

I get all the news I need right here.
    C.H.U.D.

Rat Starter
    Rob Demovsky was an oversight.
    Check out Demovsky's recent Pulitzer-worthy piece (lol):

http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-packers/

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Aaron Rodgers' beverage of choice after games has long been a Grape Crush soda.

The Green Bay Packers quarterback doesn't always bring it with him to his postgame news conference like he did after Sunday's 24-21 win over the Minnesota Vikings, but he says he was not sticking it to the purple-clad team or its fans by doing so.

And to anyone who doubts how long he has been drinking that after games, he had a message Tuesday on his ESPN Milwaukee radio show.

"To all the idiot trolls out there, seven years," Rodgers said adding that he also enjoys a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. "PBJ and Grape or Orange Crush. It's been grape for the last five; the first couple years it was orange or grape."

Nevertheless, the image of Rodgers drinking from a bottle of Grape Crush got some people riled up after Sunday's game.

"Any of the local media or anybody who's seen me after a game, I'm always carrying that around with me," Rodgers said on his show. "That's probably the only soda that I ever drink – right after the game, when you've got to get those nutrients back with you. So that's my postgame [snack], PBJ and the Grape Crush. I do like it, contrary to anybody who thinks I was trolling anything. It's absolutely ridiculous. It's comical."

The Packer Pulitzer for Photography is chosen separately. This could be strong candidate, the field is weak in 2014.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Check out Demovsky's recent Pulitzer-worthy piece (lol):

http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-packers/
    With the timing with which this picture was captured, it sure does look like he's hawking the product. Head turned sideways so you can see the product, perfect hand placement so you can see the label. I'm sure it's not the best thing to drink after a game, but as long as he keeps playing like he is, they might start promoting it as an energy drink!
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Here's hoping he needs to get a certain barley and hops in his system after this Sunday.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    The Packer Pulitzer for Photography is chosen separately. This could be strong candidate, the field is weak in 2014.

Grape Nehi?

That's for losers

I've got my spine, I've got my Orange Crush...
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Does anyone remember the soda "Squirt?" Mraynrand remembers it, and made the terrible error of doing a Google Image Search for it. NSFW!!!!! Oh, the HUMANITY!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Does anyone remember the soda "Squirt?" Mraynrand remembers it, and made the terrible error of doing a Google Image Search for it. NSFW!!!!! Oh, the HUMANITY!
    Yes and yes (NSFW). You can still get it at the grocery store around here.

The drink, that is.

McGinn has the most info from roster to draft to X and O to player grades. If he left, they would have to drag Bedard back.

However, his weekend celebration/hit pieces on how the team has either solved cold fusion or is in danger of coming apart at the seams and turned back over to the VFW are terrible.

If you want to know what the team and players are actually thinking with some mix of X and O stuff, better off with Bill Huber (Packer Report).

The UDFA who will make the jump next year is WesHod.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.