Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Robert Griffin III Benched

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    I saw Lavar Arrington analyze Robert Griffin III's play Vs San Fran this morning and it was much of the same in the sense of all clarity.

The Washington Redskins finally took the right step and benched Robert griffin III.

Last season (2013) the Redskins failed to improve on their 10–6 regular season record from 2012 or in Robert Griffin III's Rookie Season. The team suffered through a 3–13 season, which was the worst the Washington Redskins posted since 1994. In four starts this season Robert Griffin III is 0-4.

His rope got short and shorter. Maybe in the end his mouth hanged him. You don't often recover in Pro sports from throwing your team under the bus.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Not a bust, busted up by Shanny.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Not a bust, busted up by Shanny.

My recommendation for Robert Griffin III.

** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    I just think he is not healthy/into it right now. The talent is there. He throws a pretty football and I recall during the joke of an Andy Luck or RG3 debate some were saying that RG3 throws a prettier ball compared to Luck on routes > 20 yards.

I think RG3 will be a pretty good player in time. I don't think that place is necessarily Washington. If I'm RG3, I hope to go to one of the following teams after Washington for a year or two - even if it's as a back-up for a year.

1. Denver
    2. New England
    3. Miami

I think he could realistically end up in one of the following places in a year or so and be successful:

1. Philly
    2. Chicago
    3. Houston
    4. Tampa
    5. Arizona

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    ^^^ I agree - he's not a bust. Just needs the right situation to get his confidence back.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    I just think he is not healthy/into it right now. The talent is there. He throws a pretty football and I recall during the joke of an Andy Luck or RG3 debate some were saying that RG3 throws a prettier ball compared to Luck on routes > 20 yards.

I think RG3 will be a pretty good player in time. I don't think that place is necessarily Washington. If I'm RG3, I hope to go to one of the following teams after Washington for a year or two - even if it's as a back-up for a year.

1. Denver
    2. New England
    3. Miami

I think he could realistically end up in one of the following places in a year or so and be successful:

1. Philly
    2. Chicago
    3. Houston
    4. Tampa
    5. Arizona
    Jacksonville, Houston and Tennessee all have need at QB. The question now is whether or not he can be an effective NFL Starting QB? The reason are his mechanics, pocket presence and vision downfield. He's not seeing multiple open targets and simply firing the ball. Good QB's plant the foot and fire it out there. His footwork as he pass's the ball is sloppy even when he dunks it off.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...e7b_story.html

RE: The latest talk and RGIIIL

Things are changing fast for this one time prized draft.

" It’s highly unlikely the struggling quarterback will return next season, people within the organization say." Jason Reid (of the Washington Post.)

Albert Breer ✔ @ AlbertBreer

"Asked a number of decision-makers this AM about Robert Griffin's trade value ... Consensus: mid-round pick; a 3 and change on the high end."

9:37 AM - 26 Nov 2014

Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post

The Washington Redcoats finally took the right step and benched Robert griffin III.
    I dunno if it's the right move. Guess time will tell.

There was a time when Holmgren seriously considered benching a struggling Brett Favre. The Walrus eventually decided to let Favre learn from his mistakes on the field, not the bench. Had Favre been benched, his confidence would've been shot through a black hole, and he would've never turned into the GOAT.

The Redcoats' decision to bench RG3 puzzles me. They're not gonna make the playoffs. RG3 is not a lowly 6th round pick. Let the guy gunsling and gain more experience. Who knows, RG3 could turn out to be the black Favre.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    I dunno if it's the right move. Guess time will tell.

There was a time when Holmgren seriously considered benching a struggling Brett Favre. The Walrus eventually decided to let Favre learn from his mistakes on the field, not the bench. Had Favre been benched, his confidence would've been shot through a black hole, and he would've never turned into the GOAT.

The Redcoats' decision to bench RG3 puzzles me. They're not gonna make the playoffs. RG3 is not a lowly 6th round pick. Let the guy gunsling and gain more experience. Who knows, RG3 could turn out to be the black Favre.
    Problem is, he's not gunslinging, he's gun-shy. Favre was throwing the ball all over the place, just making bad decisions. RG3 is jumpy in the pocket, is absorbing a lot of hits and is more worried about where the next one is coming from than anything else. A QB's confidence can also be destroyed by taking too much of a beating.

He reminds me more of Finley coming back after his injury than anything else. He's hearing footsteps out there.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Problem is, he's not gunslinging, he's gun-shy. Favre was throwing the ball all over the place, just making bad decisions. RG3 is jumpy in the pocket, is absorbing a lot of hits and is more worried about where the next one is coming from than anything else. A QB's confidence can also be destroyed by taking too much of a beating.

He reminds me more of Finley coming back after his injury than anything else. He's hearing footsteps out there.
    According to the Washington Post article WB provided, RG3 "consistently fail to locate open receivers." If that's the main issue, it's fixable with experience. It's not like RG3 is inaccurate. The guy is completing 69% of his passes this season.

Btw, Finley was returning to form prior to the fluke injury.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...giii-vs-eagles

Washington Redskins plan to start RGIII vs. Eagles (in Week 16)

By Kevin Patra ... Around the NFL writer

Published: Dec. 15, 2014 at 03:18 p.m. ... Updated: Dec. 15, 2014 at 03:38 p.m.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I believe in RGIII!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...giii-vs-eagles

Washington Redskins plan to start RGIII vs. Eagles (in Week 16)

By Kevin Patra ... Around the NFL writer

Published: Dec. 15, 2014 at 03:18 p.m. ... Updated: Dec. 15, 2014 at 03:38 p.m.
    So is he un-benched of de-benched?
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    So is he un-benched of de-benched?
    He's lucked out.

What's left to see? How will he respond?

McCoy is hurt.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    McCoy is hurt.
    Colt McCoy (neck) is expected to be inactive for Week 16.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5699/colt-mccoy

I'm a tad biased here. He desperately needs the McCarthy Fantasy QB Camp treatment.

I don't know what QB coaching he got in DC, but he did put in the time on his first preseason (all his commercials were filmed before training camp). The Shanahans gave him an easy-read offense for Year One, and his PA skills made everyone look awesome. Of course, Lobster Bill never wanted him and leaked to the DC press at every turn (Machiavellianism apparently a time-honored DC football tradition). Plus, being a wide-eyed 21-year-old told you're going to be the football/racial messiah of DC (and do it with a #hashtag at every turn)...

Since then, he's shown that he's not there right now mentally or emotionally to read the field pre-snap. I want for him to be an awesome QB, but the league's figured him out faster than he can adjust. He's the fill-in starter, but Gruden's not going to lose his job over someone who can't produce. He's already hamstrung with an ineffective front office climbing out of the Haynesworth crater and draft dearth. And I think his teammates are just tired of the whole saga.

Because RG3's a new-CBA first-rounder, his contract is low but fully guaranteed through 2015. If they trade him, they eat the $4 million remaining signing bonus on the cap, but save $3 million in cap and real money. If they cut him, they still have to cut him checks (even if another team picks him up-which is as it should be). That makes him a not-unattractive test drive for a team with cap space, but lowers his trade return (unless DC has two suitors to play against each other). Teams are pretty good at smelling desperation.

His agent is/was? Ben Dogra, who got fired with cause from CAA last year, so that may be a factor in any complicated moves.

DC's big question is, "Is he our QB for 2016?" If Gruden doesn't see it, then Bruce Allen should go ahead and get anything they can for him in the Spring (and just bite the "you're the ones who screwed up RG3" PR hit). If Gruden does see it, then they have a huge enough rebuilding project ahead.
    I believe in God, family, Baylor University, and the Green Bay Packers.

Quote Originally Posted by NewsBruin View Post
    I'm a tad biased here. He desperately needs the McCarthy Fantasy QB Camp treatment.

I don't know what QB coaching he got in DC, but he did put in the time on his first preseason (all his commercials were filmed before training camp). The Shanahans gave him an easy-read offense for Year One, and his PA skills made everyone look awesome. Of course, Lobster Bill never wanted him and leaked to the DC press at every turn (Machiavellianism apparently a time-honored DC football tradition). Plus, being a wide-eyed 21-year-old told you're going to be the football/racial messiah of DC (and do it with a #hashtag at every turn)...

Since then, he's shown that he's not there right now mentally or emotionally to read the field pre-snap. I want for him to be an awesome QB, but the league's figured him out faster than he can adjust. He's the fill-in starter, but Gruden's not going to lose his job over someone who can't produce. He's already hamstrung with an ineffective front office climbing out of the Haynesworth crater and draft dearth. And I think his teammates are just tired of the whole saga.

Because RG3's a new-CBA first-rounder, his contract is low but fully guaranteed through 2015. If they trade him, they eat the $4 million remaining signing bonus on the cap, but save $3 million in cap and real money. If they cut him, they still have to cut him checks (even if another team picks him up-which is as it should be). That makes him a not-unattractive test drive for a team with cap space, but lowers his trade return (unless DC has two suitors to play against each other). Teams are pretty good at smelling desperation.

His agent is/was? Ben Dogra, who got fired with cause from CAA last year, so that may be a factor in any complicated moves.

DC's big question is, "Is he our QB for 2016?" If Gruden doesn't see it, then Bruce Allen should go ahead and get anything they can for him in the Spring (and just bite the "you're the ones who screwed up RG3" PR hit). If Gruden does see it, then they have a huge enough rebuilding project ahead.
    Solid post...Repped.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NewsBruin View Post

4 million isn't that prohibitive in making the change at QB. The Bears are wedded to Cutler, fer instance. I didn't realize how bad THAT deal was. Chi would be on the hook for a cool 38 million for the remaining two years of that one.

RGIII has skills but he flat out has not put in the work to get up to speed in a pro offense.

You are 100% right.

They have sliced the playbook way down for him, which is a limited situation.

The front office needs to call him in and give him a reality check.

If Griffin was cut, it might be a better situation for him.

J GRU's system is an adult portion and RGIII is more of a Happy Meal kind of guy.

It's hard to think of a player that has been more misused than RG III.
    He is not as fast as he was when he came into the league, which is pathetic.

He needs to be a backup somewhere and learn how to play the game. GB would be perfect.